Downsizing (2017)

Qhue

Trump's Staff
1.00 star(s) Rating: 1.00/5 2 Votes
Title: Downsizing

Genre: Comedy, Drama, Science Fiction

Director: Alexander Payne

Cast: Matt Damon, Christoph Waltz, Hong Chau, Kristen Wiig, Rolf Lassgård, Ingjerd Egeberg, Udo Kier, Jason Sudeikis, Margo Martindale, Neil Patrick Harris, Laura Dern, Joaquim de Almeida, Niecy Nash, Brigette Lundy-Paine, Donna Lynne Champlin, Maribeth Monroe, Kerri Kenney-Silver, Don Lake, Patrick Gallagher, Pepe Serna, Kathryn Aboya, Søren Pilmark, Jayne Houdyshell, Phil Reeves, James Van Der Beek, Alison J. Palmer, Tim Driscoll, Kristen Thomson, Kevin Kunkel, Patrick Gallagher, Linda M. Anderson, John Reynolds, Carmen Orellana, David Noonen, Bob Bezousek, Ana Marie Cox, Roland Martin, Milo Goodman, Dave Sokolowski, Michael Heathcote, Martha Girvin, Brendan Beiser, Alison Brooks, Paul Constable, Mary Kay Place, Sherry Mandujano, Larry Mannell, Kerry-Lee Finkle, Natasha Bromfield, Raffaele Brereton, Damiãn Garth Brown, Jermaine Otis Granville, Jeffrey Sinclair

Release: 2017-12-22

Runtime: 140

Plot: "Downsizing" follows a kindly occupational therapist who undergoes a new procedure to be shrunken to four inches tall so that he and his wife can help save the planet and afford a nice lifestyle at the same time.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

spronk

FPS noob
"Downsizing" follows a kindly occupational therapist who undergoes a new procedure to be shrunken to four inches tall so that he and his wife can help save the planet and afford a nice lifestyle at the same time.

h4pLO6T.jpg

• 1Worf
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 users

Voyce

Shit Lord Supreme
<Donor>
I think there's an idieation of an older idea, brought to its most extreme, that has entered into politics. It revolves around the concept that humans should strip themselves of their self, their will, and everything that identifies them as of any singular importance, and replace it with a single minded desire to serve society as a whole, in a giant ant farm.

Yea let's go from a super advanced organism to a slave species that scientists don't even view as a singular life form, because their existence is so subjugated to serving anything other then their own fulfillment.

This movie looks about in check with this.

Aychamo BanBan

<Banned>
This looks like fucking shit. I hope there's a scene where someone who is normal size has huge bleeding internal hemorrhoids, so they take one of these little fucks, dips them in steroid cream, then shoves them up their ass and they suffocate to death while breathing in bloody shit. That's about the only thing that could make this steaming pile of shit watchable.

• 1Like

Melvin

Blackwing Lair Raider
Honey, I Shrunk The Brains Of Everybody In Hollywood

• 4Worf
Reactions: 3 users

Palum

what Suineg set it to
Honestly this looks like it could go a number of ways.

It's got Christoph Waltz in it so I'm willing to wait until the full movie preview which will give away the entire plot and all the best parts.

BoozeCube

Von Clippowicz
<Prior Amod>
Scraping the bottom of the barrel aren't we Hollywood. I am sure there are tens of thousands of scripts out there but somebody though this one was the best?

I guess at least it isn't Paul Blart Mall Cop 14

• 1Solidarity

Qhue

Trump's Staff
They wrote this intending for it to be the movie right after Sideways but things got switched around. Sideways was pretty damn funny very dark comedy and so I'm willing to give them the benefit of the doubt.

pharmakos

soʞɐɯɹɐɥd
<Bronze Donator>
reminds me of Kurt Vonnegut's Slapstick in which the Chinese shrunk themselves for ecological reasons

Khane

Got something right about marriage
It's billed as a comedy so... not sure why you guys are so butthurt about it.

Innerspace was top notch.

Movie information in first post provided by The Movie Database