Dragged Across Concrete (2018)

Fedor

<Banned>
4.50 star(s) Rating: 4.50/5 2 Votes
Title: Dragged Across Concrete (2018)

Genre: Drama, Crime, Thriller, Mystery

Director: S. Craig Zahler

Cast: Mel Gibson, Vince Vaughn, Don Johnson, Jennifer Carpenter, Michael Jai White, Tory Kittles, Laurie Holden, Udo Kier, Liannet Borrego, Trezzo Mahoro, Fred Melamed, Andrew Dunbar, Giacomo Baessato, Primo Allon, Jenn Griffin, Myles Truitt, Justine Warrington, Brett Alexander Davidson

Release: 2018-11-29

Runtime: 159

Plot: Two policemen, one an old-timer (Gibson), the other his volatile younger partner (Vaughn), find themselves suspended when a video of their strong-arm tactics becomes the media's cause du jour. Low on cash and with no other options, these two embittered soldiers descend into the criminal underworld to gain their just due, but instead find far more than they wanted awaiting them in the shadows.

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

Fedor

<Banned>
same director as bone tomahawk and brawl in cell block 99

Mel Gibson’s New Police Brutality Movie Is a Vile, Racist Right-Wing Fantasy

bnn9u964dif11.jpg

• 9Like
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 9 users

Kovaks

Mr. Poopybutthole
While Vince is younger than Mel i feel like characterizing him as younger is disingenuous

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Siliconemelons

“I never thought I was a racist until living in this area,” Melanie says, her husband nodding in agreement.

Its obvious that the author of that article has not...lived in any of those areas - that quote by the wife/character is one of the most true and harsh things that America needs to litterally "get woke" about.

• 5Like
  • 2Solidarity
Reactions: 6 users

Heriotze

<Gold Donor>
Aren't all of this guy's movies essentially right-wing fantasies, as people would perceive that now instead of the throwback exploitation movies that they are? Seems like the dude definitely had a favorite genre while growing up and is now, deftly, adding something to that in a new and interesting way by combining a decent story with cartoonish violence and really good character development. What would that reviewer go into this expecting?

Bone Tomahawk - "Glorifies violence against cloistered, pre-columbian, indigenous cannibals"

Zahler is pretty specific about what he's comfortable with and what he does well. It's like getting upset that the Coen bothers didn't include enough explosions and robots in their latest film. Other than questioning it it's almost impossible to be angry about that kind of review because Zahler has actually revitalized exploitation films and that is pretty amazing

• 5Like
Reactions: 4 users

Inque

FunEmployed
I swear I saw the Vimeo "Sorry" screen and it said because of it's "privilege" settings, I couldn't view the video here :(

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Fedor

<Banned>
3/22 release date

new trailer and not the vimeo one that was taken down

• 4Like

Fedor

<Banned>
comes out this friday

also:

Exclusive: Amazon Picks Up Park Chan-wook's 'The Brigands of Rattlecreek'

Bradley Fischer (Shutter Island) will produce the film, which follows a sheriff and a doctor who seek revenge against a group of bandits who use the cover of a torrential thunderstorm to rob and terrorize the occupants of a small town. Zahler’s script topped the 2006 Black List but has languished in development, likely due to its violent content.

it's supposed to have a much more violent scene than the one in bone tomahawk

• 1Repost
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users

elidib

Vyemm Raider
This was good, and the "vile racism" is actually just people saying things that are literally shown to be true in the movie.

• 4Like
Movie information in first post provided by The Movie Database