Dragon Age: Dreadwolf

Burns

Golden Baronet of the Realm
New Rumor: No Classes

I hope they ditch loot and make it into a super shitty God of War clone. EA doin that thing EA do:
2023-11-02 18.04.56 rpgwatch.com 3929a9d6b243.png

• 5Worf
  • 1Double Worf
Reactions: 5 users

goishen

Macho Ma'am
DA:O rocked, there's no denying that. I mean, fuck, go on my Steam profile, you can probably find a picture of Wynne casting a healing spell in the Darkroads.

I thought that 2 wasn't that bad, at least storywise.

3, I thought rocked. And brought some dragons to a fucking game called "Dragon Age".

This new game? Looks utter dogshit. fml, they're getting rid of classes now?

Last edited:

Droigan

Trakanon Raider
DA:O rocked, there's no denying that. I mean, fuck, go on my Steam profile, you can probably find a picture of Wynne casting a healing spell in the Darkroads.

I thought that 2 wasn't that bad, at least storywise.

3, I thought rocked. And brought some dragons to a fucking game called "Dragon Age".

This new game? Looks utter dogshit. fml, they're getting rid of classes now?

DA:O was fantastic, along with its expansion. DA2 is one of the biggest disappointments in terms of RPGs I can remember because I had hoped it would be a DA:O 2. Felt like a downgrade in pretty much every way. Comparatively, by itself it's not the worst game, but compared to DA:O.... it's not good.

Third was ok, but it was so much "filler". It was certainly an improvement of the 2nd game, but going full action and no tactics doesn't sound like Dragon Age.

One thing (not going to happen) that could make it interesting is if they went souls like. Action game with no real set classes fits the bill. Open world souls like similar to Elden Ring in the Dragon Age universe could be good. But comparing it to God of War combat doesn't sound like that.

Way back when, BioWare just showing their logo at the start of a trailer had the same effect as a FromSoftware does now. Though that was long ago and they've been dethroned as an RPG studio, both in gameplay and stories by studios like Larian and Owlcat. The name brand "BioWare" isn't really something that gets me excited anymore. At this point I'd be more surprised if the game is good than bad.

Opening trailer "From the studio that gave you Anthem and Mass Effect Andromeda, comes.... hack and slash Dragon Age!"

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Phazael

Confirmed Beta Shitlord, Fat Bastard
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
When this was announced and they stated who would be working on it, I thought at the time that this was going to end up being the Andromeda of the Dragon Age franchise. Everything I have heard since reinforces that belief, especially all the pussy hurt their leadership had over how good BG3 is.

• 1Like

Kaines

Potato Supreme
If we had a real games journalism industry and not a bought and paid for ad agency, the review headlines would simply be Dragon Age: Dreadful

• 1Worf
  • 1Truth!
Reactions: 1 users

Caliane

huh. I never even gave DA:inquisition a shot after seeing 2. and Masseffect going to shit. I see its on Gamepass though. maybe I should.
I also never really liked the lore, world or anything. just gross pessimistic shit world. didnt particularly like morrigan, or how she took over the plot.

• 1Solidarity

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
huh. I never even gave DA:inquisition a shot after seeing 2. and Masseffect going to shit. I see its on Gamepass though. maybe I should.
I also never really liked the lore, world or anything. just gross pessimistic shit world. didnt particularly like morrigan, or how she took over the plot.
I’d say it’s fun for 15-20 hours or so. It’s just simple combat and going from point of interest to point of interest the entire game. The POIs repeat so it gets boring and tedious after a while. I think I made it like 80% of the way through before just getting too bored and quit.

• 1Like

Burns

Same, DA2 was so bad when compared with DA:O that I wrote off Bioware as a EA skinsuit, from that point forward. The only thing I gave them money for after DA:O was SW:TOR, since a bunch of friends were playing it and 3/4 of development was before EA bought them.

sleevedraw

Revolver Ocelot
<Bronze Donator>

Morrigan is way better in Inquisition; her character development is one of the few things the game does well.

The first act of the game is also legitimately cool; the mage faction quest (In Hushed Whispers) feels very different than the Templar faction quest (Champions of the Just), and you only get to pick one per playthrough.

Them retconning all their Qunari lore to pigeonhole Krem in was fucking ridiculous, though.

• 1Like

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
I tapped out in DA:I about 30 hours in. Felt too much like an MMO fetch quests and the main storyline wasn't interesting enough to be worth it. Can't recommend unless you really like the genre.

• 3Like
  • 2Truth!
Reactions: 4 users

Caliane

I tapped out in DA:I about 30 hours in. Felt too much like an MMO fetch quests and the main storyline wasn't interesting enough to be worth it. Can't recommend unless you really like the genre.
its free, so I think I'll give it a shot. I have no problem trying a game, and ditching it if I'm not into it.
(having to install this EA app shit is lame)

Sadly, wartales only lasted like 8 hours. I just couldn't get into it like bannerlord and others.

Other games I'm either waiting for sales or new PC... city skylines, starfield as noted, pc can't handle. struggled on darktide too. Rogue trader, bg3, going to want on sale/patches.
got lamplighters league sitting there. might give it a shot, but don't expect to love.

Burned out on Moonring a bit. it got to the point I had to take notes to remember puzzle clues, or what to do next. haha.
Got backpack hero and some other short mindless games I was hitting up.

Otherwise was eyeing up another Bannerlord Campaign. but dipping into DA:I here seems interesting first.
previous full plays were sea of stars, and chained echoes.

Last edited:
  • 1Like

Nirgon

YOU HAVE NO POWER HERE
Sort of want to play Origins again when I saw this

Prob has some dank mods

• 1Like

Daidraco

Prob has some dank mods
All of these fucking old games make me want to install and mod them the fuck out - then 10 minutes into playing them, my ADHD kicks in and I log off. Think I might just start putting them all on a big ass NVME drive so I can stop dicking with mod compatibility for an hour+ each time.

• 1Worf

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>

Prob has some dank mods
There's a north temple of veeshan mod for DA:O that's pretty fun.

• 2Mother of God
Reactions: 1 users

Nirgon

YOU HAVE NO POWER HERE
All of these fucking old games make me want to install and mod them the fuck out - then 10 minutes into playing them, my ADHD kicks in and I log off. Think I might just start putting them all on a big ass NVME drive so I can stop dicking with mod compatibility for an hour+ each time.

Theyre good in spurts with a saved game