Dragon Age: Dreadwolf

a_skeleton_05

<Banned>
i started my wife off on DA2, i said the gameplay is great, the characters are "ok"

when she finished it, i said DA:O has amazing characters, but the gameplay sucks, so does the map.

she chugged through like a true goddess cuz she loved alistair and morrigan.

she played DA:I hoping Alistair would appear

she asked me about this new game, i said "it's just more gay shit", and shes like "is there Alistair at least"?

so? is there Alistair guys?

He has a cameo in Inq

StoiCynic

Trakanon Raider
I finally started playing DA:O last weekend and have been thoroughly enjoying myself, but goddamn the companion AI is pretty bad. I guess I need to get really into setting up tactics but even then I find they are standing still doing nothing way too often during combat.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Bandwagon

Kolohe
<Silver Donator>
I found it so boring. I didn't care about anyone. Didn't care about the meaningless subquests. Combat was not exciting. In fact I question why people even liked it
90% of the reason I loved DA:O was because of the way you could define the skills & priorities your AI teammates would use. That's it.

Breakdown

Gunnar Durden
I've brought it up before but I guess it bears repeating. DA:I was very popular, especially around here, right until Witcher 3 came out and blew it out of the water.

Fair. But anyone shutting on a good game because it’s not as good as the greatest game of all time is silly.

If DAI came out a year earlier, do you think people change their tune?

This also dropped the same time as Destiny.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
I can't play any of the Witcher games because the combat is so bad.

They're great games to watch other people play.

• 2Like
  • 1Salty
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 3 users

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
Fair. But anyone shutting on a good game because it’s not as good as the greatest game of all time is silly.

If DAI came out a year earlier, do you think people change their tune?

This also dropped the same time as Destiny.
DAI wasn't good either

4/10

• 2Like
  • 1Picard
Reactions: 2 users

Bandwagon

Kolohe
<Silver Donator>
I can't play any of the Witcher games because the combat is so bad.

They're great games to watch other people play.
It's definitely not that bad. Combat would have sucked if the game had guns and the controls still felt the same, but it's not terrible with melee.

Binks

Golden Knight of the Realm
Hated the ring-like event/encounters style of combat in Dragons Age II, but at least the combat was pretty-looking and somewhat engaging. DAI's combat, especially on higher difficulty levels, was just slow and tedious (more hit points, god help you if your party doesn't have a shield dispeller/sunderer). Dragon fights, while pretty looking, just drug on forever in disinteresting ways (e.g. don't let your party member with the debuff AE/kill the entire party).

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
DAI's combat, especially on higher difficulty levels, was just slow and tedious (more hit points, god help you if your party doesn't have a shield dispeller/sunderer). Dragon fights, while pretty looking, just drug on forever in disinteresting ways (e.g. don't let your party member with the debuff AE/kill the entire party).
You clearly didn't main a rogue. I played on the highest difficulty. The rest of my party was just set up to grab aggro, heal and control the fight while I fucking exploded shit. It was awesome. It was like building your own MMO dungeon group where you are just the all-star DPS machine.

• 1Solidarity
  • 1Picard
Reactions: 1 users

Rude

Potato del Grande
This game is gonna be a fucking mess. Oh how much bioware has fallen since origins.

• 1Solidarity

Ambiturner

Ssraeszha Raider
Hated the ring-like event/encounters style of combat in Dragons Age II, but at least the combat was pretty-looking and somewhat engaging. DAI's combat, especially on higher difficulty levels, was just slow and tedious (more hit points, god help you if your party doesn't have a shield dispeller/sunderer). Dragon fights, while pretty looking, just drug on forever in disinteresting ways (e.g. don't let your party member with the debuff AE/kill the entire party).

There was some rogue build that had something to do with potions where the ultimate attack could be used to reset the cooldown on itself and would just wreck everything.

Izo

Tranny Chaser

Amod Amod can we have a thread title change to "Dragon Age: Dreadwolf", please? Mebbe with TM too if you'er feeling frisky.

• 4Like

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
Bioware needs to subvert expectations and make shitlord a playable and viable religion.

• 2Thoughts & Prayers
  • 1Smuggly
Reactions: 2 users

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
I SURE HOPE I CAN TAKE A BIG, MEATY HORNED HOG IN THIS GAME! OH, BOY!!!

oh boy dunk GIF

• 3Worf
  • 1Like

gak

<Gold Donor>
i started my wife off on DA2, i said the gameplay is great, the characters are "ok"
I skipped DA2 when they said, "Push a button and something awesome will happen !!!1!"
Is there any reason to play it or I saved myself some eye-rolling ?

m.jpg

• 1Like

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
I skipped DA2 when they said, "Push a button and something awesome will happen !!!1!"
Is there any reason to play it or I saved myself some eye-rolling ?

View attachment 415331
da:eek:rigins has the best characters/interactions, da2 characters are just so subpar i can't remember a single one besides the dwarf and thats only cuz they brought him back in da3

• 4Like

Regime

LOADING, PLEASE WAIT...
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
The best part of Dragon Age Inquistion was letting all the Bull's Chargers die.

The Qun has no place for them.

• 1Like

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
DAI was good for me at the time it came out because my son had just been born and I was tired as fuck and need to play something I could play completely braindead to pass time while he slept on me. I remember basically just walking around to points of interest and holding one button for the entire game. Don’t have any plans to need a game that braindead in the future, this one will be a pass from me!

• 1Like