Dragon Age: Dreadwolf

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

Phazael

Confirmed Beta Shitlord, Fat Bastard
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Cas was probably the best written of the DAI characters, with the possible exception of the Dreadwolf himself. If I am being fair, the gay foppish Tivinter mage was pretty decent as well. Cas had one of the better romance arcs, too, as I recall. The same can not be said of most of the other characters, especially Sera, but it was not as bad as DA2 by a longshot. The real issues with DAI were that stupid table forcing real time delays and an uneven third act. The SJW tranny agenda pushing, though very heavy handed, was a distant third. Luckily Andromeda came along and turned the agenda dials up to 11. To this day, Andromeda remains the one DA or ME game I have not played more than once. DAI still has replay value, if you just ignore the faggotry.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Woefully Inept

Ssraeszha Raider
The real issues with DAI were that stupid table forcing real time delays and an uneven third act.
You could easily get around this on PC by changing your system time clock. I have no idea if you could do the same on console.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

goishen

Macho Ma'am
Andromeda was the one game that I couldn't finish. Jeezus christ. I'm holding out hope for DA4, but with new BioWare at the helm, fuck.

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
Andromeda was the one game that I couldn't finish. Jeezus christ. I'm holding out hope for DA4, but with new BioWare at the helm, fuck.
I played Andromeda like 2 years after launch. Midgame I was really into it, trying to craft all the gear and min-max my characters beat those giant architect bosses on the hardest difficulty. Then Horizon Zero Dawn came out on PC and I realized how shitty Andromeda was by comparison for a similar type of game.

• 1Like

Qhue

Trump's Staff
Inquisition definitely is. It has a solid overarching plot that is accompanied by decent episodic content.

I played Andromeda because I'm a Mass Effect devotee, but it's just painful. The start is clunky as fuck and while it gets to a steady state of adventure after awhile the overall mix of characters and plot leave it lacking.

Mass Effect was a grand introduction to a galaxy full of wonder. Andromeda is just Stargate Atlantis without Jason Momoa to save it.

• 1Like

Randin

Trakanon Raider
Inquisition was generally good, but suffered from taking a few too many cues from MMOs to fill out their semi-open world. Expect a lot of bear-ass quests for the side content.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
It's been said repeatedly but the real problem with Inquisition was coming out 6 months before Witcher 3.

• 1Like

Bandwagon

Kolohe
<Silver Donator>
Inquisition worth a playthrough? I never did get very far.
Yep....the 4x posts above mine all nail it.

I loved inquisition, but I'm a simple fella. Roaming around an open world with a party all setup with if/then stuff is really all I ever wanted out of the game.

goishen

Macho Ma'am
One of the most interesting things about DAI is the dragon fights. There are about 30ish dragons there, I'm guessing?

• 1Like

Hekotat

FoH nuclear response team
God damn, how can yall even recommend that abomination of a game?

• 2Like
  • 1Dislike
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 3 users

Utnayan

I Love Utnayan he’s awesome
<Gold Donor>
If anyone here thinks for one second this will be anywhere close to a passable RPG, you need to have your head examined.

• 4Like
  • 1Solidarity
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 5 users

Utnayan

I Love Utnayan he’s awesome
<Gold Donor>
The development of the fourth main entry in the Dragon Age series, code-named "Joplin", began in 2015 with Mike Laidlaw as its creative director. It was intended to be a smaller, more narrative-focused game set in the Tevinter Imperium region of the game's world setting, Thedas.

Problems with the development of Bioware's other games ME:A and Anthem led to repeated interruptions as "Joplin" staff was shifted to these games. This included putting "Joplin" on hold in late 2016 with development resuming in March 2017 after Andromeda shipped. In October 2017, BioWare and its parent company Electronic Arts cancelled "Joplin" altogether, reportedly because it had no room for a live service component to provide ongoing monetization opportunities. Several veteran Dragon Age staff, including Laidlaw, left the company in response.

Development of the game was restarted under the code-name "Morrison" in 2018, this time with a live-service component and based on Anthem's code. Mark Darrah remained as an executive producer, while Matthew Goldman took over the position of creative director for the project from 2017 to 2021.

By December 3, 2020, Darrah had resigned from BioWare, replaced by BioWare Austin studio head Christian Dailey as executive producer. According to Bloomberg, after the success of the single-player game Jedi Fallen Order and the decision to cancel the reworking of the Anthem in February 2021 following its lackluster launch, EA and BioWare decided to remove the planned multiplayer components from "Morrison" and to develop it as a single-player game only. Goldman left BioWare by November 2021, and was replaced as Creative Director by John Epler. Dailey left Bioware in February 2022. Corinne Busche became game director thereafter, Benoit Houle director of product development, and Mac Walters production director.

Here is your game director: Corrine Busche: "Trans woman and Game Design Director of Dragon Age. 15 years of experience in the industry, specializing in Systems, Gameplay, and UX." - Also responsible for the complete mess of the bastardization of the Knights of the old Republic it wanted to re-write completely to be more inclusive.

“I have a perspective on the games that not everyone has. Dragon Age has long been a place where LGBTQIA+ folks can see people like themselves, represented respectfully. It’s inherently very queer, and it’s such a rare thing for marginalized communities to have representation where we feel proud and powerful in how we are depicted. It’s so deeply meaningful for so many. I often get emotional when I think about what it would have meant for a younger version of myself to see someone like her in a game, and as a hero, no less. I hope we can be a safe place for our queer players to know they are not alone, that they are brilliant and worthy, that they are not only welcome but celebrated.”

Do not even get me started on Mac Walters. There isn't an eye roll large enough for this clown. When do we start with the requests to rename the title of the thread?

From scrap 2 to alpha in 11 months - in combination with everything else above what could ever go wrong....

Last edited:
  • 2Worf
  • 1WTF
  • 1Like
Reactions: 3 users

Hatorade

A nice asshole.
If I cared more I would make T-shirts that said "Representation is not the answer.", so I could have a conversation with those offended. A good story or character is good for every reason except gender and if they suck dick or not.

• 1Like

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
Just preordered the premium version again since they added a minotaur themed dilator.

• 4Worf
  • 2Wow!
  • 1Double Worf
Reactions: 6 users

Argarth

On the verandah
“I have a perspective on the games that not everyone has. Dragon Age has long been a place where LGBTQIA+ folks can see people like themselves, represented respectfully. It’s inherently very queer, and it’s such a rare thing for marginalized communities to have representation where we feel proud and powerful in how we are depicted. It’s so deeply meaningful for so many. I often get emotional when I think about what it would have meant for a younger version of myself to see someone like her in a game, and as a hero, no less. I hope we can be a safe place for our queer players to know they are not alone, that they are brilliant and worthy, that they are not only welcome but celebrated.”

Is that supposed to be some sort of sales pitch for the game??
FFS... any interest I had has completely evaporated after reading that.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users