Dragonball Z: Kakarot

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
This looks pretty interesting. Dragonball Z from Radditz up into Majin Buu but not a fighting game. Rather it is an open world RPG with stupid sidequests like Goku getting his driver's license and fun shit like that. Comes out next week.

• 4Like
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 4 users

Fadaar

That guy
If it's any good I'll give it a go, never played any other DB games cause I don't do fighting games

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

ZyyzYzzy

RIP USA
<Banned>
This looks pretty interesting. Dragonball Z from Radditz up into Majin Buu but not a fighting game. Rather it is an open world RPG with stupid sidequests like Goku getting his driver's license and fun shit like that. Comes out next week.

Yessssssss

Bloodrocuted

Trakanon Raider
The battles are still fighting game-esque, but there is also RPG elements such as the aforementioned quests, gathering, cooking, skill progression, etc. I'm enjoying it for what it is. I've never really played any fighting games but I like the combat.

Vycarious

Lord Nagafen Raider
Started this last night. Pretty fun game. Combat is pretty good but feels repetitive after some time with it. Side quests are pretty short and not that bothersome. The menu stuff is a bit tricky but not too bad once you understand it. The storyline follows DBZ and is done very well. Overall I would give it a 6.5/10.

• 1Like

Chris

Potato del Grande
How many times can they make this game?

I've even seen 4 versions of the Anime (Original, Kai, Abridged, Kai Abridged).

I don't think I can take any more.

Vycarious

Lord Nagafen Raider
After this one, none. This one by far takes the cake. It hasn't skipped any of the story and has done a great job with it. Think of it as watching the actual DBZ series but you have control over the fighting and other stuff (side quests). It's one of those games where I know everything that will happen but it has me coming back for more because of how well it's done. Maybe it's getting me in the feels from watching the series as it was coming out here in the US but it has been fun. With that being said I think I have to bump my review on it a bit to a 7/10.

• 1Worf

Asmadai

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Yeah, the hate for this game i've seen everywhere is just something I don't get. If you're a real fan of the series, this shit is pure gold. It's about as RPG-like and open-worldy as a DBZ game can get without becoming completely retarded. (What is it people are wanting? Craftable Equipment? MORE items to collect?) I mean, it's a video game based on an anime where they fight with their fists and shoot laser beam ki blasts, lol - not sure why some of these critics out there were expecting much more depth than what this game gives you.

Combat does get repetitive, but as someone who grew up on this series, being able to just fly around and beat ass as my favorite DBZ character...it doesn't get much better. If they wanted they could simply implement Dragon Ball Super as additional DLC down the road, and keep this train rolling for at least another year or so. It's not going to keep you entertained for all that long - I've already 100%'d this thing in about 50 hours of playtime or so. I thoroughly enjoyed every minute of it.

It's all considered 'canon' so if you wanted to know what happens between episodes, this fills in some of the gaps. Graphics are great, powering up looks fantastic, and blowing away enemies with the special attacks you've seen in the anime all these years is completely satisfying. Of course, if you've played Xenoverse the combat and general layout is gonna feel familiar.

The ONLY real gripe I have with this game? As with most multi-platform Bandai games (so it seems), if you're playing on PC with a controller, you're stuck with the default button layout as I couldn't find anyway to customize anything other than keyboard hotkeys. Other than that, great fucking game.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users