Dragon's Dogma 2

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
I can live with the Unmoored World as a Everfall replacement... it was the lack of a Soulflayer Canyon in the middle of the game that really disappointed me.

Kriptini

Vyemm Raider
I'm at the last fight/choice with the dragon but I have no will to finish it. 6/10 is probably my final rating in it's current state, basically no chance I ever replay it. Mods might fix the annoying trash mobs/balance issues late game but I don't see them fixing the tedious and boring rock cliff terrain that makes up 95% of the world design, and the main story is pretty short and not great. The rocky terrain makes the world feel small too, which I suspect is why they added so many annoying enemies to slow down movement. Was really fun till mid game though, I'll probably buy the DLC sight unseen like a sucker.

My theory of why they did the terrain this way is to block your view of distant areas. They knew they wanted to push graphics and cutting off the amount of distance you need to render by putting a wall in the way every 50 feet is a good way to keep performance up.

Xexx

Vyemm Raider
I can live with the Unmoored World as a Everfall replacement... it was the lack of a Soulflayer Canyon in the middle of the game that really disappointed me.

How tho? Unmoored had next to no enemies. There was just the same exact shit as before with like 2 added dragons and more dullahans. Everfall actually felt like an entirely different area.

I dont remember Soulflayer, i may need to look back at that. I do miss the Ur Dragon really tho, kinda sucks that there isnt shit to do at the end.

Denamian

Night Janitor
<Nazi Janitors>
How tho? Unmoored had next to no enemies. There was just the same exact shit as before with like 2 added dragons and more dullahans. Everfall actually felt like an entirely different area.

I dont remember Soulflayer, i may need to look back at that. I do miss the Ur Dragon really tho, kinda sucks that there isnt shit to do at the end.

Soulflayer canyon was the big cave in the northwest of the map that had 2 entrances. It was a good late midgame location that several quest sent you to.

Soulflayer.jpg

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
There's a few "dungeons" in DD2 but yeah they're not that great overall and there's not many. It also doesn't help that they're all mostly optional. Ancient Battleground kinda has nothing leading you there other than one NPC telling you about it(without a quest), the Bandit Hideout is on the way so I assume most people clear it but it's technically a sidequest and the Dragon's Breath Tower you're directed to it in the main story but if you have wyrmslife crystals already you can just skip it. There's a couple of larger caves too(notably the one in north vermund that goes from the are with the meisters back to the starting spot and the starting cave once it's unblocked, as well as the cave between bathal and volcanic) but I feel they lack a bit of impact compared to Soulflayer.

Stuff like the tower at the end being just an elevator and the sunken palace thing not having any monsters is a missed opportunity, and clearly the amount of time they spent making the world means they couldn't make larger more interesting dungeons either. They lack mechanics like puzzle doors, larger rooms for most and some also lack cool fights(bandit hideout has one very lackluster mass fight at the end without anything special about it other than there's more bandits than usual). I had fun exploring the stuff but I wish it had been developped a bit more.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Kriptini

Vyemm Raider
Finished the game tonight. I concur that they botched the ending.

However, I have to say that those of you who have nostalgia for the Everfall as the only post game have severe brain damage. The Unmoored World is bad and mostly uninteresting, but the Everfall was way worse. Bland, recycled rooms with tons of doors that you couldn't open but devs were too lazy to stick terrain in front of, only one new enemy (the evil eye, and you only fight him once), no new quests outside of "farm 20 wakestones," and the drop rates on the endgame gear was absolutely abysmal. The only things it did better than the Unmoored World was having the Ur-Dragon and not having a time limit. Everything else about Everfall was garbage.

DD1's postgame is good because of Bitterblack Isle. Without it, it's a boring speed bump on the way to the final boss.

Speaking of which...
it's absolutely criminal that there's no "final boss" for DD2. Even the fight against the Dragon was completely lackluster compared to DD1.

Last edited:

Xexx

Vyemm Raider
Everfall was enjoyable tho, even while recycled. You didnt have to go halfway across the map looking for enemies since you knew the rooms. The unmoored world felt too fuckin empty of boss type mobs to fuck with for me.

Kriptini

Vyemm Raider
Everfall was enjoyable tho, even while recycled. You didnt have to go halfway across the map looking for enemies since you knew the rooms. The unmoored world felt too fuckin empty of boss type mobs to fuck with for me.

The spawns in Unmoored are static too. Just learn the spawns and you know where the bosses are, same as the Everfall. Even if you don't, you can just walk around and run into a dullahan or gore monster every 100 feet.

Xexx

Vyemm Raider
The spawns in Unmoored are static too. Just learn the spawns and you know where the bosses are, same as the Everfall. Even if you don't, you can just walk around and run into a dullahan or gore monster every 100 feet.

If its not a dragon, hydra, or medusa strength monster its a waste. My MA would wreck all that other shit in seconds so its honestly nothing but trash running around unless its top tier. When i saw unmoored i was like "Fuckin sweet, i bet their are dragons all over, maybe ill even run into 2 at the same time!"

Nope