Dragon's Dogma: Dark Arisen

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
Edit: See recent posts, releasing on PC on January 15.

So saw this in the Upcoming games thread(thx Sean ^^), sadly upon searching a bit about it, it seems to be an expansion, sold at a reduced price, instead of a full new game. It will have the entire first Dragon's Dogma, as well as new monsters, new gear, new dungeons and new skills.

The original game was pretty damn good though so I might still buy it, but I guess I'll wait for an estimation on how much content they're adding. Very Capcom-ish to do that kind of shit instead of taking one more year and making a full new game, even if they reused the same engine.

Edit: Fixed the price thing, apparently it'll be sold at 40$ or equivalent, and will be available as a download update via PSN. So a real expansion, which does sound better than re-releasing the game. Probably will buy.

Sean_sl

shitlord
I'll be picking this up. I'd have preferred it was an expansion that didn't come with the full game and was only 20-30 bucks, but 40's not too bad. Since it comes with the first game maybe I'll do something I never do and trade in my original copy of it and save a few bucks.

List of what it's coming with:http://dragonsdogma.wikia.com/wiki/D...a:_Dark_Arisen

New quests await the Arisen on the cursed island known as the Bitterblack Island which is located on the outside of Gransys. Players will face new fearsome enemies and discover valuable treasures. Players will be able to take their characters to new heights with brand new high-level skills and augments as well as all new weapons and armour sets. Furthermore, owners of the original Dragon?s Dogma will receive 100,000 Rift Crystals, unlimited Ferrystones and the Gransys Armour Pack consisting of six brand new costumes for free, upon purchasing Dragon?s Dogma: Dark Arisen.
For those that missed Dragon?s Dogma the first time around, Dragon?s Dogma: Dark Arisen provides the opportunity to start their journey from the very beginning before tackling the all-new content.

Based on player feedback, Dragon?s Dogma: Dark Arisen will make the Dragon?s Dogma gameplay experience even more satisfying with improvements such as easier travel and a more intuitive menu system. For those who already own Dragon?s Dogma and then purchase Dragon?s Dogma: Dark Arisen, these improvements will be automatically retrofitted to their original game save data.
New Content
  • A massive new underground realm to explore featuring over 25 terrifying new enemies
  • More skills/equipment/augments:
  • ?Level 3 Skills DD: DA provides each character class with a new tier of skills, giving players new devastating abilities and skills to master
  • Over 100 pieces of new equipment
  • All new high level weapons and armour sets for players venturing into the underground caverns
  • 14 new character/Pawn augments
  • New tiers of equipment enhancement
  • ?Increased character customization options
  • Item appraisal
  • Option to select Japanese voice over

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
Just not sure if I'll play one of my old chars or start a new game, wonder if there will be anything new at all in the original game. Generally after such a long time I don't like playing old chars cause it feels weird not knowing where I left stuff and what I was doing when I stopped and what not. So might make a new char, maybe I'll play something different this time around, warrior/assassin or something, since my original character was very magic based going like sorceror into magick archer/mystic knight.

Also like the japanese VA thing, it's such a simple change really, maybe pawns aren't as annoying in japanese.

Needless

Toe Sucker
how about an option of...................actual multiplayer kekek
frown.png

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
frown.png
Yeah even if just 2player coop with 1pawn each. Not that I care too much anyway. Was thinking a bit about it and since saves will carry over I might as well start a new char now, so I can get the annoying grinding out of the way and what not. Guess I'll start this weekend, need to do some research first on what to play and how to get everything I want without forgetting stuff.

Sean_sl

shitlord
Lol, Dragon's Dogma is still listed as $50 new ($40 used) on Gamestop's webpage while listing Dark Arisen as 40 dollars.

I wonder how much it's worth as a trade-in. I think I'll go trade it in while the retail price is still that high. And they have an offer of +30% trade-in credit towards select games.

Btw, Dark Arisen comes with all of the current DLC.

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
frown.png
Not a chance. And hopefully they don't shoehorn pointless MP into a real sequel either. If anything, Dragon's Dogma just needs a real offline mode that allows you to create all 3 pawns yourself. The pawns you get access to if you never log into PSN are utter shit. What Capcom needs to do is bring Monster Hunter 4 to real consoles (in English) instead of just Nintendo trash and portables. Then the people who want an endless MP grind devoid of anything resembling a story can have what they desire, and Dragon's Dogma can stay as it is, a sort-of Japanese Skyrim-that-doesn't-suck.

Needless

Toe Sucker
The initial design of the game was to integrate multiplayer into it though, so they had to have been working on it before they scratched it :\

bytes

Molten Core Raider
This is pretty cool, i still haven't played the original game because i was waiting for a price-drop or good deal. Apparently it will be sold for 30 euros here, so i think i'm going to buy this. Well, if my xbox still works that is, haven't checked in on that thing in months.

Xexx

Vyemm Raider
Would buy if it were co-op. However far too many games to play as is.

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
The initial design of the game was to integrate multiplayer into it though, so they had to have been working on it before they scratched it :\
Pretty sure we had this exact same discussion on FoH, and I linked the video from the tradeshow where the game was announced and they said even back then that pawn-sharing was the extent of the game's "multiplayer". It's up on GameTrailers somewhere.

Delly

Trakanon Raider
Wow I've been wanting the original game really bad, glad I waited. Will be a day 1 buy from me.

Man0warr

Molten Core Raider
Yeah why would Capcom introduce multiplayer competition for Monster Hunter, their crown jewel.

Brussels_sl

shitlord
I have a question about the original game, I didn't see a thread for that one.
But my question is around enhancing, can if I have all of the materials to go from base equipment to level 3 enhancement, should I do that, or do you get more benefit buying each level? I tried googling this, but I failed. Thanks

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
I have a question about the original game, I didn't see a thread for that one.
But my question is around enhancing, can if I have all of the materials to go from base equipment to level 3 enhancement, should I do that, or do you get more benefit buying each level? I tried googling this, but I failed. Thanks
There's no benefit for doing every upgrade on the way, you get the listed stat(the ones you can see on the wiki for example) by upgrading to that level regardless of the previous state. The "exception" is if you want to dragon forge something, there's a higher % chance on higher upgraded items, supposedly, at least I read that on the wiki not long ago.

Nocello

Golden Squire
I still have yet to get through this. Maybe i'll pick this one up, but I'm really not trying to buy anything else this gen.

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
Preview gameplay video was posted, sadly either the balance is going to be very shitty or like the uploader said, he has debug mode on and the actual game will be a lot harder(he does get 9999999xp for killing some sort of boss mob in one hit, so sounds like it could actually be the case and not bullshit).

Notable things, japanese VA and one of the pawn is a mystic knight, which could be because of the test version, or they're allowing hybrid pawns finally which means everything is tradeable but more importantly you can do a 4man assassin team ^^.

Skip to 5:15 or so if you don't want to see the NPC stuff, but the combat isn't very interesting since he one shots everything anyway.