Dragon's Prophet

Bellringer_sl

shitlord
As opposed to what? New MMO's are still wow clones. Quests hubs to solo to max level in a multi-player game. Surplus of gear at any given level making you not have any emotional connection to your gear or character. Although this game has that stuff, at least the end game is trying to be special. Pokedragons and a decent pvp system. Lets see if they can clean things up in beta.

Quaid

Trump's Staff
I'm not talking about progression systems or any other minutia of the MMO world... I'm talking about FUNDAMENTAL flaws with this game. The story, the animations, the graphics, the combat system... It's all atrocious.

Mates this game is shit right?

Cause they just got big update?

http://massively.joystiq.com/2013/07...new-level-cap/

Dragon's Prophet update brings Wintertide and new level cap.

Wintertide
Sony Online Entertainment's Dragon's Prophet beta has just receive a big update in the form of Wintertide, a snowy, chilly region packed with new content and more than a few bits of lore to discover. The expansion also brings three new dungeons that feature new enemy types and bosses, along with a fourth dungeon recommended only for players confident in their dungeoning abilities.

Players can now quest, kill, and loot their way to level 70, and a new feature known as the Dragon Chamber has been added to allow players to keep an additional 96 dragons in their stables. Also new in the beta: a secret floating island housing option, Dragon Sanctuaries for guilds, new achievements and emotes, and guild storage.

Quaid

Trump's Staff
No amount of content will solve the problems with this game.

Please don't bump this thread. If its buried on page 2 maybe no more people from our community will be tempted to download this abortion.

Willard_sl

shitlord
So far I am finding the game ok.. The only downside of course if everything costs Station Cash, you run out of inventory space so often it basically forces you to buy more slots..

90Proof_sl

shitlord
/bump

The game client download is hefty, 10GB. I had some Station Cash to burn, so I have been playing for a few days. Here are the impressions:

1. Stability - I run the game on a HP laptop with Windows 7 Home Premium with an AT&T U-Verse connection. No crashes, lockups, or disconnects. I do experience some weirdness alt+tab'n to a web browser, otherwise seems fine.

2. Graphics - The client defaulted to some conservative settings, I do not think it detected my Intel chipset capabilities. My character is wading in water that ripples and flows around the model, looks good.

3. Aesthetics - Tough call, Runewaker went with fewer player character models so I would expect a stronger showing in other areas ... animations?

4. Audio - Solid, adds to overall immersion.

5. Game - Easy to play and get into, but will require some research if you want to optimize play. I am still trying to puzzle out crafting and dragon training.

6. Game Design - Everything you hate and like about DIKU mmo's is in this game. Game is extremely vulnerable to people who like the "Fansy the Famous Bard" playstyle.

7. Community - Reasonable, folks in zone chat are helpful. SOE GM's do events and stream live on twitch tv (Scales & Tales Live Stream).