Drakengard 3

Sean_sl

shitlord
I didn't even know this game existed until I woke up to an email from Square today saying to pre-order it exclusively at the Square-Enix Online Store.SQUARE ENIX Online Store - Drakengard 3 [PS3]

Yeah, I don't think so. Hopefully it becomes available elsewhere soon. It doesn't look like any release date is actually set yet, just a vague "2014" date:http://blog.us.playstation.com/2013/...o-ps3-in-2014/

Drakengard fans, rejoice! We?re proud to announce that Drakengard 3 is coming to North America next year for PS3.

This year marks the 10th anniversary of the Drakengard series, and it?s been seven years since the launch of Drakengard 2. Producer Takamasa Shiba is back to bring you along on another incredible and twisted journey.

Never played the original Drakengard? What many people don?t know about Drakengard 3 is that it?s actually a prequel, and leads up to the events of the original Drakengard. So this game is quite perfect for all fans ? new and old.

For all those Square Enix music fans, renowned Composer Keichi Okabe, who scored Nier, joins the Drakengard family, and crafted a beautiful soundtrack for this game. I have to say, the music in Drakengard 3 is amazing. Certainly for me, it?s one of the highlights!

Drakengard 3 is coming to PS3 in 2014. You can pre-order now exclusively at the Square Enix store.

Looking forward to hearing everyone?s thoughts in the comments!

khalid

Unelected Mod
Man, I used to love Square-Enix so much back in the PS1 days and that trailer looks pretty cool.

What is a good Square-enix game to try out now that isn't final fantasy? FF13 was just too linear and I found the combat boring.

Sean_sl

shitlord
Man, I used to love Square-Enix so much back in the PS1 days and that trailer looks pretty cool.

What is a good Square-enix game to try out now that isn't final fantasy? FF13 was just too linear and I found the combat boring.
Kingdom Hearts 1.5 HD? FF13-2 (really a tri-Ace game)? Square hasn't really put out anything else for this entire generation besides those and some mobile games.

Kuriin

Just a Nurse
Beautiful trailer. I never played the first Drakengard; however, I did play and beat the second one. Great storyline, in my opinion, the combat was pretty sweet with the moves. Looking forward to this game.

Hatorade

A nice asshole.
Pretty sure it was either play Drakengard or Dark Cloud, can guess which one I choose?

This one looks entertaining but I imagine it will be Drakengard or Dark Souls 2...hrmm.

Sean_sl

shitlord
So, I guess this is getting positive reviews from Japanese sites:Very positive review of Drakengard 3 from Dengeki - NeoGAF

Here's the summary about their review:

- The Scenario is just get the highest level of the series, it can bring some laughter and tears.

- Some "certain scenes" makes you want to scream up (TL note: maybe it's a twist scene)

- The camera is a little disappointing

- It is easy to play, but the action is more exhilarating than the previous works

- Characters speak non-stop

- Completing a stage will takes a little longer time than DOD and DOD2

- It takes an average 40 hours to finish the game and 100+ hours to perfect things up

- The game music is definitely a gem and masterpiece

Overall:

It brings back memories of the previous works (DOD, DOD2, and Nier), but it is really improved.

Drag-On Dragoon 3 (Drakengard 3) PlayStation Dengeki's Scores: 100/90/85/95
Also:

Famtistu also gave it a 9/9/8/8, or so I've heard.
The graphicsreallylook bad from some of the shots I've seen, but if the story and gameplay are good then that's alright.

I really can't wait until all of these late-generation PS3 only games are finished and these types of titles and little JRPGs move on to the PS4, sadly we'll be seeing them for another couple years still.

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
They announced a date for this btw, May 21st. Comes out as digital only in europe, both box and digital in the US.

Also new video, but warning, it's extremely similar to the first one. Does have some gameplay mixed in though

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
Yeah I was considering it, especially since you have to preorder for the japanese voice acting, but my 40gb PS3 can't actually manage to have both the game and the japanese voices on it(or maybe but I'd need to delete a ton of saves and shit but I doubt it'd work since it'd probably ask for more space than it needs when downloading). Since they're not selling a physical version over here, I'd need to import it. So really, fuck that noise. I'll play it on PS4 once they re-release it, maybe.

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
I considered pre-ordering it today after watching the opening sequence and the first bit after the real game starts. I definitely would not want Japanese voices though, that'd be like playing Nier without Laura Bailey voicing Kaine. I'd miss Cavia's rather vulgar English localizations too much to settle for subs.

Decided to just GameFly it though (apparently it's only Europe that got it digital-only?) because the combat just doesn't look that great. It comes across as something that makes Dynasty Warriors seem like a deep combat system. Too bad, because the story, lore, and world design look to have potential to be just as good as Nier was, though sadly this isn't open-world like Nier was. Hopefully I'm being too harsh based on just watching someone else play it, but since I don't care about the pre-order stuff I can always just grab it later if so.