Drawing tablet recommendation for kids

AladainAF

Best Rabbit
<Gold Donor>
I'm looking to get a drawing tablet for my 4 year old son. I want something that links to the PC. A wacom tablet might be fine, but probably too expensive for a 4 year old. We don't want to get him a iPad or anything either right now. Something ~200 or less would be preferable.

But, we're also not looking for something super basic for kids. He's actually a pretty good drawer for 4 and we want to see where he goes with drawing linked to the computer directly.

Any recommendations out there?

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
Just get him an kindle fire for kids only 100bucks and free no questions replacement for 2 years. My friend already had his kids fire replaced twice.

Once cuz the kid was being a kid and threw it, then he learned.

2nd time was applejuice spillage.

Alot of kids are using tablets now, this kid is not even 3 yet, he just watches kid youtube (the kid friend youtube app). Just get him a drawing app, and he'll be going crazy w/ it.

Hell, just 2 weeks ago, a 4year girl was showing me her castle she built in minecraft, then she proceeded to build me a fucking boat, kids can have crazy imaginations now w/ tech.

AladainAF

Best Rabbit
<Gold Donor>
Actually I like the kindle fire idea. I didn't realize they had a kids only version. Thanks for link.

Lanx

<Prior Amod>

Izo

Tranny Chaser
yea but, that's just a FireHD you can buy, the kids version has the unlimited no questions asked replacement
Yep.jpg

• Make up to 3 claims during the term of your warranty
Yeah, not quite the same, but fair :)
https://www.amazon.com/All-New-Fire-Tablet-Display-Wi-Fi/dp/B018SZT3BK/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1475764937

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
It's not comparable, the Kindle Kids is basically a Kindle 7 w/ a big gel bumper, and the kids centric programs and shit, and a two year unlimited "no questions asked" warranty for $50extra, basically. The log in is also kid centric, if you dl apps or let them dl apps its all kid appropriate b/c Amazon checks out all the apps first (you don't have to pre screen shit, just trust Amazon), and the profile is highly customizable (can't turn on past 10pm, only 3 hours of youtube a day, unlimited read, etc)

Dude it's just different, it's like a modern day LeapFrog, w/o having to buy that gay ass leapfrog shit.

Izo

Tranny Chaser
It's not comparable, the Kindle Kids is basically a Kindle 7 w/ a big gel bumper, and the kids centric programs and shit, and a two year unlimited "no questions asked" warranty for $50extra, basically. The log in is also kid centric, if you dl apps or let them dl apps its all kid appropriate b/c Amazon checks out all the apps first (you don't have to pre screen shit, just trust Amazon), and the profile is highly customizable (can't turn on past 10pm, only 3 hours of youtube a day, unlimited read, etc)

Dude it's just different, it's like a modern day LeapFrog, w/o having to buy that gay ass leapfrog shit.
My friend bought a Kids edition. It's good for the durability part. As a tablet, not so much. I guess it depends on the age of the kid and how tech savvy the parent? I'm going with the HD 8 for my kid, when I find a Magenta on ebay to get around Amazon shipping restrictions. The warranty is of no use to me here. Have a great weekend :)

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
My friend bought a Kids edition. It's good for the durability part. As a tablet, not so much. I guess it depends on the age of the kid and how tech savvy the parent? I'm going with the HD 8 for my kid, when I find a Magenta on ebay to get around Amazon shipping restrictions. The warranty is of no use to me here. Have a great weekend :)
You or the kid has the Magenta requirement?:rolleyes:

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
Haha, I'd be lying if I said it wasn't a little from column a and column b :D It's her favorite color though.
Damn kids are so advanced these days, i didn't know WTF, Magenta was until I was 16, pretty sure it was about paper print CMYK.