Dredd 2 (2024 Confirmed!)

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

OU Ariakas

Diet Dr. Pepper Enjoyer
<Silver Donator>
This is the most exciting news I've heard so far in 2013. I was one of the people that thought that it would sell well on DVD and that turned out to be true. Here's hoping that it keeps the momentum until a sequel is announced.

http://www.aintitcool.com/node/60482

From the article:
The verdict is in and Lionsgate (LGF), a leading global entertainment company, announced today that the home entertainment release of DREDD claimed the number one spot on the DVD sell-through and Blu-ray charts with 650,000 units sold, making it the best-selling new release title of the year. Blu-ray units accounted for nearly 50% of week 1 POS at retail. In addition, the critically acclaimed thriller, starring Karl Urban (Star Trek) as the titular character Judge Dredd , was the top film download for the week, outpacing all other titles in digital sales as well.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Lithose

Buzzfeed Editor
Gave my friend a Blu-Ray of this for his birthday. He looked confused, but I told him that everyone I know will be receiving this as a present this year, even my grandmother. Deal with it.

• 1Like

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
Great fucking news. If they could make 2 death race sequels a dredd 2 shouldnt be too fucking hard to decide on.

Void

Experiencer
<Gold Donor>
I did my part and bought the Blu-ray (and saw it in a 3D theater), so here's hoping my dollar voted for something good for a change!

Honestly this is one of the few movies I really, really want them to make a sequel to.

• 1Like

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
Dredd in the comics mostly works alone, but he occasionally hooks with anderson and some red shirt Judges

Chanur

Shit Posting Professional
<Gold Donor>
I went to two stores last weekend trying to buy it and both were sold out. I hope they make a sequel.

Sterling

El Presidente
Yeah was a solid movie. Wouldn't mind a sequel. Sure beats 90 percent of the shit that's been released recently.

Spark

Golden Knight of the Realm
Great news. I just bought the Blu-Ray and watched Dredd for the first time last weekend. Absolutely loved it from start to finish.

Cybsled

Finally got around to seeing it through OnDemand. Solid flick, I would definitely watch a sequel.

Lanx

Oye Ve
<Prior Amod>
sadly i think if there was a sequal anderson(oliva thirlby) won't be there, i read somewhere the director would have wanted dredd 2 to be an origin story, which is sad cuz she played a really good "tough chick" with a nice hint of rookiness. I like watching a good female lead that can hold her own, like sigorney weaver in alien/aliens, a kate bekinsale in underworld(just the first one, the other movies were difficult to watch). I don't want these overplayed mila jovich Alice/resident evil or, ugh jolie tomb raider women, but oliva thirlby as anderson was great. She was able to convey a bit of uncertainty but still kick ass cuz well she's still a judge, i'd rather see judge dredd:the anderson files, or something.

• 1Like

Gorestabb

Bronze Knight of the Realm
Awesome film, and kudos to Karl Urban for not taking his helmet off throughout the entire movie. Here's hoping for a sequel.

• 1Like

Ridas

Pay to play forum
Ye, really hoping for a sequel. The straight-forward action and no fucking love interest and all the other bullshit normally pestering movies was refreshing. And as mentioned before Urban keeping his helmet on for the whole movie was just awsome.

chaos

Buzzfeed Editor
I'm not going to get my hopes up, but man it would be awesome. This is the best action movie I have seen in recent memory. Whoever fucked the dog on the marketing of this should be fired.

bixxby

Molten Core Raider
Yeah, this was surprisingly good & fun, and I don't generally enjoy pure action flicks.

Tripamang

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
Gave my friend a Blu-Ray of this for his birthday. He looked confused, but I told him that everyone I know will be receiving this as a present this year, even my grandmother. Deal with it.
hah I'm doing the exact same thing. Everybody who I've forced to watch this movie has loved it but it's a pretty huge barrier to get them past the stupidity that was the first Dredd movie. My one buddy's solution to every one of his life problems is now "Incendiary" ammo, nothing like a little white phosphorous to conclude a situation.