DualShock 3 problems

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Platformers, anything first or third person that doesn't require fine aiming or that has forced mouse acceleration/smoothing (UE3 games are always the worst for that) and anything with driving. For a game like Saints Row or GTA I'll play with the gamepad on my lap, switching to it when I get in a car, then back when I am on foot and need to start shooting). Other than that, a few random games which I just think the gamepad interface is much more convenient to use--XCOM comes to mind immediately there.

Seananigans

Honorary Shit-PhD
<Gold Donor>
The Deadzone on the X360 sticks (and the PS3 sticks) sucks balls, the DS4 doesn't have a Deadzone or it's pretty close to not having one anyways. The grip on the DS4 also feels quite a bit better. The DS4 just feels perfect when you hold it. Other than that the X360 controller is great and the best controller out there next to the DS4.
Define "sucks balls," please? Do you mean it's too large, and you have to move the stick too far for any input?

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
That's what he's talking about, yeah. I don't know about the 360 pad for Windows, but MiJ lets you adjust the deadzone of the DS3. You definitely want some deadzone though or it makes it just about impossible to move in a straight line. I set my DS3 to 8 instead of the default which is 12 and I'm pretty happy with it.

Also, the 360 D-pad is still much worse than the DS3's. Personally I hate the reversed stick/pad placement too. There's no way I could ever get used to that particular abomination.