Duck Dynasty - Season 3

Tarrant

<Prior Amod>
You know what? This show is my guilty pleasure. I laugh my ass off at this show, it's obviously fake but I look at it more like a family sitcom then any sort of reality show though.

Anyone else watch this?

Hoss

Make America's Team Great Again
<Gold Donor>
how ya figure its fake? I'm sure some stuff is staged, but fake?

InB4: HEY, jack. First rule of reality TV. Its all fake.

Tarrant

<Prior Amod>
Well depending on how long you've watched it, back in a previous season Willy bought a Vineyard. In actuality that Vineyard was never for sale and just agreed to have the show there and have them acting like they bought it for the TV show.

Is that fake enough for you?

Ender4212

Golden Knight of the Realm
I know it's all scripted and such, but I still enjoy it when I catch it. Si is a trip. All I can think about when I see Phil is that he was the starting QB ahead of Terry Bradshaw in college.

Hoss

<Gold Donor>
I'd call that staged, not scripted. Obviously it's not just cameras following them around 24/7 because there's no drama on the show.

I'd never heard about Phil's football greatness. I bet the real reason he chose hunting was because the NFL offer was from the redskins.

Tarrant

<Prior Amod>
Pretty sure the Redskins were good back in the day, I may be mistaken though.

Also staged = fake, like I said. Much of it is, though I've no doubt the family for the most part is good natured which is why it all comes off so easily on the show that they are.

Also, Si is awesome.

Rhaiq_sl

shitlord
I couldn't stop laughing at Si's poodle. The first time they showed it, it was in this ridiculous pose that broke me.

Haus

<Silver Donator>
This show is what defines one of the big differences between me and my wife. We were both raised from pretty much redneck background. I laugh because I've embraced it, she's embarrassed when things on it remind us of our families. heh

patrick

Bronze Knight of the Realm
No body is laughing at them because they are red necks. We laugh because they're funny.

Tarrant

<Prior Amod>
I think a good part of it has to do with the contrast of them being Rednecks but also being filthy rich.

But yes, rednecks or not, they are all pretty damn funny.

Haus

<Silver Donator>
Yeah, it's modern day Beverly Hillbillies. For me it's just noting the insanely striking resemblance between how Si acts and one of my uncles...

Pyksel

Rasterizing . . .
I was quite skeptical when family members of mine were praising this show going on and on about how funny it was. I had pretty much the same reaction as my fiancee did thinking this was just a redneck version of jackass until we sat down and watched it.

It has not disappointed in any way so far and I regret passing judgment on it before watching it.

Hoss

<Gold Donor>
I think a good part of it has to do with the contrast of them being Rednecks but also being filthy rich.

But yes, rednecks or not, they are all pretty damn funny.
then why isn't bayou billionaires any good?

Pretty sure the Redskins were good back in the day, I may be mistaken though.
Whether they were winning or not, they still sucked. i would have broken my own legs rather than play for the skins.

Tarrant

<Prior Amod>
Don't bring you're raging faggot football team hatred in here.

@Pyksel, I agree, I didn't start watching this until the second season had almost ended. There's not a single episode I haven't laughed at.

Hoss

<Gold Donor>
It's relevant because there's better than even odds, given where he grew up, that he hated the skins too.

Tarrant

<Prior Amod>
LoL. Watching Si telling 5 year olds Vietnam stories for career day makes me laugh everytime I see it.