Duck Dynasty - Season 4

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

Stave

Potato del Grande
That was probably one of the best episodes since season 2. Season 3 started good but started to drag a bit for me. It was entertaining but I didn't laugh out loud hardly at all during season 3, whereas season 2 I did multiple times an episode. Last night's episode though had me laughing out loud a few times like when Si showed up late and out of gas and Phil talks about how he is a logic vacuum. And the crackhouse on Si's memory trip, his phone call to Miss Kay, etc. Some of those things had me rolling.

It sucks that Phil is going to be quitting soon. He is probably my favorite one on the show, but I think it will do fine without him and I'm sure he will pop up from time to time. I am curious though, is the beardless brother going to be a regular in the show now? Or was he just here for this episode?

Tarrant

<Prior Amod>
He didn't say he would be quitting soon, just that he wouldn't be on the show forever and can see it coming to an end later down the line.

Alan is now on the show for the long haul. He didn't want to be on it before but changed his mind when he saw how the show kept to the families core christian values. (He's a pastor)

Elissidel_sl

shitlord
Phil's "crack-house" comment got a good laugh out of me for sure. I noticed the ep was an hour long. Is that just a season premier thing or did it get extended to an hour along with all the new raises and stuff?

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
i have never seen this show but i am curious about its popularity. why is it so good? and is it something i need to start from the beginning of season one?

Elissidel_sl

shitlord
i have never seen this show but i am curious about its popularity. why is it so good? and is it something i need to start from the beginning of season one?
For me it is kind of hard to explain. The thing I hate most is cheesy, scripted reality TV...yet this is exactly what this show is, and I think its great.

Oatlord_sl

shitlord
Think of this show as a really funny sitcom instead of a reality television show, and you can enjoy.
CHOW! Get to work, son.

Hoss

Make America's Team Great Again
<Gold Donor>
I noticed the ep was an hour long. Is that just a season premier thing or did it get extended to an hour along with all the new raises and stuff?
I thought it was always an hour. Are you sure it used to be 30 min?

Tarrant

<Prior Amod>
Think of this show as a really funny sitcom instead of a reality television show, and you can enjoy.
CHOW! Get to work, son.
That's how I look at it too.

The show is usually only 30 minutes, it was longer last night due to it being a premier.

Astr0, the show isn't for everyone. It's mostly good natured family humor. If you like that then check it out. There is no continual storyline so just whatever whatever episode you want to see if you like it.

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
Ill give it a shot. I like hillbilly stuff so i have no problem with the premise. Though i hope its not like that show about those rich oil baron rednecks. That was just sad. They had an entire episode about one dude getting a new set of teeth and another one was about the dad buying his daughter a new house. Well not exactly a house and not exactly new. He bought her some crusty ass shitbox of of a trailer.

Falstaff

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
No it isn't really like that. It's just a group of guys and their crazy antics + Uncle Si who is even crazier + Phil who is the token "back in my day..." old timer.

LiquidDeath

Magnus Deadlift the Fucktiger
If you read the interviews they say the show is staged, but not scripted. Meaning, they set up a situation but how they react to the situation or what they say is totally on them. I think that is how Jase and Si remain completely hilarious.

Hoss

Make America's Team Great Again
<Gold Donor>
Ill give it a shot. I like hillbilly stuff so i have no problem with the premise. Though i hope its not like that show about those rich oil baron rednecks. That was just sad. They had an entire episode about one dude getting a new set of teeth and another one was about the dad buying his daughter a new house. Well not exactly a house and not exactly new. He bought her some crusty ass shitbox of of a trailer.
nothing like bayou billionaires. I agree that show was pretty sad. "Mailbox Money" pretty well sums up what was wrong with them.

Elissidel_sl

shitlord
I think one of my favorite episodes is the Hot Donut episode.
LOL That is one of my favorites as well. I really need to go back and watch the first season, and most of the 2nd. I got on this bus a bit late because I thought it was going to be another awful reality show, and I didn't start watching until late in the 2nd season.

Haus

<Silver Donator>
It's essentially the "staged reality show" version of the Beverly Hillbillies.

I love it because so many of the characters bear a strong resemblance to members of my family. My wife and I are both "Second generation in from the farm/trailer park" so we both relate to it. Although she gets a little more embarrassed, and I embrace my redneck heritage. And that makes this show gold for me. I look forward to the day when I am the Si of my family, although they all hope I'll be the Phil.