DuckTales

Siliconemelons

I do not like the style of animation they have had it in some sorts and whatnot...guess we have to wait

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Sylas

<Bronze Donator>
Was the inventor guy named Gizmo or something? hope he makes it back.

also what was the name of the the unicycle robocop dude, he was like a handy man(duck) but he had a suit he would put on to fight crime and shit. he was cool as shit (when I was 5 and watched the fuck out of this shit)

• 1Like

Siliconemelons

I want rescue Ranger reboot- Damm gadget made me a furry as a kid - and the chick from tailspin ... hhurrnngg

Caliane

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Was the inventor guy named Gizmo or something? hope he makes it back.

also what was the name of the the unicycle robocop dude, he was like a handy man(duck) but he had a suit he would put on to fight crime and shit. he was cool as shit (when I was 5 and watched the fuck out of this shit)
Gizmoduck was the robocop dude. Fenton Crackshell was the guy wearing the suit. Scrooges accountant as Fenton. security as Gizmoduck.

The inventor guy was, Gyro Gearloose.

Croetec

Lord Nagafen Raider
Gyro is back, voiced by Jim Rash of Community and Fenton, Lin-Manuel from Hamilton, is back as well. Gladstone Gander is even back, Paul F Tompkins, he was the super lucky guy that Scrooge hated because he never had to work for his money.
Just about every side character from the original is back, no Magicka Dispel yet though which I imagine will be a multi part season 2 story with #1 dime and all that.

Qhue

Trump's Staff
Buddy of mine who has cracked the shell of 'social media influencer' got a press kit with preview episodes to review. The series definitely has been updated to express more 2017 sensibilities but these are modest changes and done very well. Having Donald around is really quite jarring at first since he was never really included in the original series as the character was 'too big' for an afternoon cartoon show on TV. Flash forward to today and I'd wager Scrooge McDuck is at least as recognizable as Donald so including Disney's perpetual second-fiddle makes sense. The illustration style is clearly different than the original and very stylized as we've seen in all the trailers, but the animation is top notch. By the middle of the second episode I stopped hearing 'the Doctor' whenever Scrooge opened his beak, but that has more to do with David Tennant's recognizability rather than any knock on his performance. I highly recommend people check it out over the premiere next weekend (which is seemingly running all day on Disney XD)

• 1Like

Vaclav

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Wow, that cast - this snuck up on me, thanks for bumping it for the reminder Qhue. Added to Tivo for next week.

Malkav

French Madman
This is off to a good start.
First double episode was entertaining. Tennant definitely does a good Scrooge.

Caliane

Golden Baronet of the Realm
not a fan at all.

very poorly animated. Backgrounds are very lazy, and often poorly done.
boys are assholes.
Scrooge voice is weak.
The writing is just terrible. bad attempts at jokes.

• 1Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 users

kegkilla

The Big Mod
<Banned>
i watched a few minutes of this when i saw it on the guide over the weekend and wasn't impressed at all.

• 1Solidarity

Croetec

Lord Nagafen Raider
Really enjoyed it along with the throwback in the artstyle to a more modernized version of the original comics. Also that reference to Cape Suzette means Tailspin might be on the horizon as well.

Voyce

Shit Lord Supreme
<Donor>
13 minutes in, was that the chick from Tailspin?

I thought it was pretty good, obviously not gonna take huge effort to follow it, but I could binge watch a couple of episodes now and again.

Last edited:

Croetec

Lord Nagafen Raider
You're thinking of Roxanne from a Goofy Movie and I think its meant to be a homage since a lot of people said the same thing when they saw it. The entire episode is filled with easter eggs to other shows and even to the old comics, Webby's giant board has a good deal of them.

You've at least got F.O.W.L from Darkwing.
Skypirates spotted above for more Tailspin.
Part of the Donald's family tree from the original comics.
One of Louie's post-it's was put on an oil lamp from the Ducktales movie.
Spoonerville was also mentioned which is Goof Troop.
There's one of the robot heads from the Ducktales episode where they had those giant construction robots.
The giant aztec looking disc is I think the same image that was tied to the city of El Dorado series of episodes with the wheezy Spaniard.
And that final shot of showing Della is I think they first they've been allowed to use the triplets mother.

v51RlOu.jpg