Dumbo (2019)

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

Ravishing

Uninspiring Title
<Bronze Donator>
2.00 star(s) Rating: 2.00/5 1 Votes
Title: Dumbo (2019)

Genre: Adventure, Family

Director: Tim Burton

Cast: Danny DeVito, Eva Green, Colin Farrell, Michael Keaton, Joseph Gatt, Alan Arkin, Sharon Rooney, Douglas Reith, Roshan Seth, Deobia Oparei

Release: 2019-03-27

Plot: Live-action version of the animated classic about a young circus elephant with unusually large ears.

Ravishing

Uninspiring Title
<Bronze Donator>
I had no idea this was being made, but the Live Action movies have been good so far (Jungle Book / Beauty and the Beast)

Directed by Tim Burton.

Kovaks

Mr. Poopybutthole
Lost me at Tim Burton cannt stand anytjingb he has done since sleepy hollow.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Lunis

Blackwing Lair Raider
Tim Burton gave up a long time ago. Like an author who writes those bad supermarket romance novels.

spronk

FPS noob
reviews dropping today, 51% on RT. Every reviewer is racing to tell readers about how woke the new movie is and how racist the 1941 one
Dumbo (2019)

Tim Burton’s new Dumbo lands in the multiplex big top with a dull thud. It is a flightless pachyderm of a film that saddles itself with 21st-century shame at the idea of circus animals, overcomplicating the first movie, losing the directness, abandoning the lethal pathos, mislaying the songs and finally getting marooned in some sort of steampunk Jurassic Park, jam-packed with retro-futurist boredom that had the kids at the performance I attended talking among themselves.

The director includes all the right parts of the original “Dumbo” — the iconic song “Baby Mine,” the elephant jetting off a burning building — and discards the trash. Dumbo no longer gets wasted on Champagne and hallucinates pink elephants on parade, and the racially offensive crows have been axed. It’s the director’s best work since “Sweeney Todd,” and is highly reminiscent of his fun “Big Fish.”

Aychamo BanBan

<Banned>
Saw this today because my five year old wanted to see it. Movie was just ok, not great, not a steaming pile of shit. Dumbo really just flies in a circle a few times, kinda stupid. Really great digital grading of the film, gave it a neat look. Danny Devito was an entertaining lead. And the scoring made me feel insanely emotional until I realized it lifts a lot from Edward Scissorhands (a truly fantastic movie.)

Homsar

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
I had heard this movie was shit and Burton has sucked since big fish. I hadn't seen the original since I was probably 7 years old so it's hard to remember every detail.

With that said I enjoyed it, my biggest complaint was getting rid of the mouse. He threw them in there for homage but it doesn't fix anything

Movie information in first post provided by The Movie Database