Dune (2020)

Cynical

Canuckistani Terrorist
I need to watch the good one again, the one with boobs...

But sting is just so great in the other good one.

Cant wait for this good one to come out
Sting did such a great Feyd, shit was Oscar quality to me.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Feanor

Karazhan Raider
I need to watch the good one again, the one with boobs...

But sting is just so great in the other good one.

Cant wait for this good one to come out
Sting did such a great Feyd, shit was Oscar quality to me.
Sting-Dune-Loincloth.jpg

I liked the modules (and I definitely played the games inspired by them) but yeah it wasn't the same way in the books. Which is fine; and I definitely disagree that it couldn't be done faithfully and in an interesting manner on the big screen. It'd effectively be mini-quicksilver action with either the movements being blurred/blink attacks, or the world slows down briefly in between the attacks, sort of like the pit fight match in the first Sherlock Holmes movie where RDJ is planning what is going to happen. Doesn't have to be kung-fu on the sand, and the visual tech has improved substantially since Lynch's dune.

That said, if they go with modules and sonic warfare? Uh, still definitely in. I thought that was cool as well, and when I saw it in the early 80s I had definitely not read the book at that point.
Weirding module was a neat addition. Thuum with sonic beams.

• 1Barf
  • 1Direct to DVD
Reactions: 1 users

nu_11

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Wierding modules have no place in the post-Bulterian Jihad Dune universe. Get that shit out of here Lynch fangays. Dude doesn't even want his name associated with his own Dune movie.

• 1Worf
  • 1Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 3 users

Jozu

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Weirding module could be reworked into a type of device similar to chronicles of riddick, where the antagonist military dude has that time warp shit that allows him to move with blinding speed in short bursts or whatever the fuck that shit was.

Or they could just forget about weirding all together and never speak of it again.

I am pumped to see what they make navigators look like. Spiced up freaks of nature, consigned to a life of hyperspace.

• 1Dislike
Reactions: 1 user

Fedor

<Banned>
  • 3Like
  • 2Solidarity
Reactions: 4 users

Feanor

Karazhan Raider
Weirding module could be reworked into a type of device similar to chronicles of riddick, where the antagonist military dude has that time warp shit that allows him to move with blinding speed in short bursts or whatever the fuck that shit was.

Or they could just forget about weirding all together and never speak of it again.

I am pumped to see what they make navigators look like. Spiced up freaks of nature, consigned to a life of hyperspace.
Weirding modules were cool but they won't/shouldn't make an appearance in this new adaptation. If you ever watched the scifi channel miniseries they weren't there either.

Jozu

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
The score to this film is going to be incredible.

A Hans Zimmer passion project? Wow wow wow.

• 2Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 2 users

Blitz

<Bronze Donator>
I don't recall, but has there been a budget number floating around? Hard to believe it would be any less than $175-200 million.

Bondurant

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I don't recall, but has there been a budget number floating around? Hard to believe it would be any less than $175-200 million.

There hasn't been any official numbers floating around but since Villeneuve last film, BR2049, was at least a $150-200m production it's safe to assume we're in the same range. It's an ongoing developpment, shooting wrapped, they're now in post-prod, which sometimes means additional budget costs (reshoots, CGI, additional effects, etc).

Based of the announced cast, technical experts and Zimmer score, I'd say we're in a solid $250m budget for a two feature long project, before marketing of course. It's quite clear Villeneuve hold the reins here, while 2049 hasn't meet the studio expectations regarding box office, it contributed to build up both Villeneuve and studio credit and image. Definitely not a top notch blockbuster, but a quite legit solid take on both Ridley Scott and Philip K dick works.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Blitz

<Bronze Donator>
There hasn't been any official numbers floating around but since Villeneuve last film, BR2049, was at least a $150-200m production it's safe to assume we're in the same range. It's an ongoing developpment, shooting wrapped, they're now in post-prod, which sometimes means additional budget costs (reshoots, CGI, additional effects, etc).

Based of the announced cast, technical experts and Zimmer score, I'd say we're in a solid $250m budget for a two feature long project, before marketing of course. It's quite clear Villeneuve hold the reins here, while 2049 hasn't meet the studio expectations regarding box office, it contributed to build up both Villeneuve and studio credit and image. Definitely not a top notch blockbuster, but a quite legit solid take on both Ridley Scott and Philip K dick works.

Really happy that the BR2049 fiasco, or "under performance" relative to budget doesn't seem to have hurt his funding.