Dune (2020)

Cynical

Canuckistani Terrorist
Enjoyed all the film/mini-series despite them not being true to the original books. I don't think it's possible, its too complex to be appealing to the masses and make any money. I was hoping for one more, I'd love to see God Emperor done, although I'd probably be disappointed. Honestly I would have liked it more if Herbert had expanded more on that period of time in the series, instead of just a single book bridging the other two trilogies. It always felt incomplete to me.

I'll see this no matter how bad it is. I can't get enough Dune, no matter how shitty it is.

Except his sons shit. Fuck that awful fanfic crap.

Edit: Making it rain at end of Lynch version was the worst, I can't argue with those that hated it based on that alone.

Last edited:
  • 2Solidarity
  • 1Like
Reactions: 2 users

Singh'sSpot

Blackwing Lair Raider
Who knows how this will turn out, if anything at least it'll be a different movie from the usually Star Wars crap.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Singh'sSpot

Blackwing Lair Raider
Funny thing about Dave Bautista staring in this is that he's also gonna be staring in the Highlander remake as the Kurgen(or knight if they're going by the original draft)

• 2Like

iannis

Musty Nester
They remake this every few years don't they. Well, it'll be better than the syfy one for sure.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Blitz

<Bronze Donator>
They remake this every few years don't they. Well, it'll be better than the syfy one for sure.

Lynch's 80s movie, and the SyFy series are the only film/tv adaptations. This project seems to scare people. If Villenueve can't pull it off, might never have any luck...

• 2Like

a_skeleton_05

<Banned>
Bautista is pretty great when he isn't giving his opinions on something. I'll take him over The Rock any day.

• 6Like
Reactions: 5 users

kaid

Blackwing Lair Raider
Enjoyed all the film/mini-series despite them not being true to the original books. I don't think it's possible, its too complex to be appealing to the masses and make any money. I was hoping for one more, I'd love to see God Emperor done, although I'd probably be disappointed. Honestly I would have liked it more if Herbert had expanded more on that period of time in the series, instead of just a single book bridging the other two trilogies. It always felt incomplete to me.

I'll see this no matter how bad it is. I can't get enough Dune, no matter how shitty it is.

Except his sons shit. Fuck that awful fanfic crap.

Edit: Making it rain at end of Lynch version was the worst, I can't argue with those that hated it based on that alone.

When the david lynch version literally gave you a hand out glossary of terms when you went to see it in the theaters I think dune may just be one of those movies that never fully works. If you are going to do it a TV mini series or netflix mini series probably makes a lot better sense than another theatrical release though.

• 3Like

Kovaks

Mr. Poopybutthole
When the david lynch version literally gave you a hand out glossary of terms when you went to see it in the theaters I think dune may just be one of those movies that never fully works. If you are going to do it a TV mini series or netflix mini series probably makes a lot better sense than another theatrical release though.
Please alah don't let Netflix get their hands on it and SJW the shot out of it.

• 1Barf
  • 1Solidarity
  • 1Like

nu_11

Golden Baronet of the Realm
I would've guessed Oscar Isaac to be better suited to play Duncan Idaho.

I don't see Isaac and think ancient Greek bloodline.

• 1Like
  • 1Solidarity

Muurloen

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
I would've guessed Oscar Isaac to be better suited to play Duncan Idaho.

I don't see Isaac and think ancient Greek bloodline.
Need Gerard Butler for that.

1548864340144.png

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Aldarion

Egg Nazi
... and there it fucking is.

In 2019 America, the only acceptable love interest for a white man is a black woman. every. fucking. time. It barely happens in real life; it doesnt follow the story; its jarring and fucking stupid. Its like "we're remaking Cleopatra but this time we're having Samuel L Jackson play Cleopatra and youre a racist asshole if you object"

I let you motherfuckers have Heimdall, cause at the end of the day who cares about Asgard's doorman. But Chani? Theyre making Chani black now? No. Chani was hot, and was described in detail.

When a movie inserts forced diversity it might still be good. When a movie inserts a white male, black female relationship it means theyve swallowed so much SJW koolaid the whole thing is doomed.

Lifelong Dune fan - greatest sci fi series of all times.

Hard pass.

• 4Salty
  • 2Worf
  • 2Like
Reactions: 12 users

Onigen

Golden Knight of the Realm
I'm against forcing diversity as much as anyone but Zendaya really doesn't feel too wakandan to play a fremen to me. She's pretty much the color I imagined the fremen to be when reading the books.

She'd going to have blue eyes anyways so that ought to trigger a few twitter warriors.

• 3Like
  • 2Solidarity
Reactions: 4 users