Dune (2020)

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

Bondurant

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Whats the draw with Oscar Isaac?

Ok in Drive
Good in Ex Machina
Shit in Xmen
Bad in Star Wars
Forgettable in Annihilation

He got a lot of praise for Ex Machina but he was genuinely awesome in both Show Me A Hero (HBO miniseries) and A Most Violent Year (movie). Check them out, they're both pretty good stuff.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Sterling

El Presidente
Saying he was shit in Star Wars and Xmen doesn't necessarily mean much of anything. Those movies are mostly shit. Plenty of real good actors in those franchises, but you can't always overcome garbage scripts and studio interference. Ex Machina is great and he was a big part of that.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

a_skeleton_05

<Banned>
I miss the days when entertainment was about entertainment and not about ticking ideology boxes and serves as little more than people screaming silently at eachother over the internet. I also miss being able to buy small bags of chips for non-absurd prices.

• 4Solidarity
  • 3Like
Reactions: 6 users

Cynical

Canuckistani Terrorist
If they do the general theme of the story right, and it entertains me I'll be content.

The thing about the Frank Herbert Dune universe I always loved, is if you think about it, everyone in those books is a villain. Every single person was involved in some nasty business. Paul was responsible for genocides and atrocities that would have outraged Hitler and Stalin, in numbers of people that haven't even been born yet. His son made him look like an amateur.

One of those other things about the movies I disliked about the portrayal of Paul, he was some divine messiah, or later in the miniseries a tragic fallen messiah. Frank' hinted at alot more nasty shit he was responsible for in the books if I'm remembering right.

nu_11

Golden Baronet of the Realm
If they do the general theme of the story right, and it entertains me I'll be content.

The thing about the Frank Herbert Dune universe I always loved, is if you think about it, everyone in those books is a villain. Every single person was involved in some nasty business. Paul was responsible for genocides and atrocities that would have outraged Hitler and Stalin, in numbers of people that haven't even been born yet. His son made him look like an amateur.

One of those other things about the movies I disliked about the portrayal of Paul, he was some divine messiah, or later in the miniseries a tragic fallen messiah. Frank' hinted at alot more nasty shit he was responsible for in the books if I'm remembering right.

Wrong.

Cynical

Canuckistani Terrorist
andthen.jpg

• 1Like

Slaanesh69

Millie's Staff Member
Paul Atreides the super white dude........that released a Jihad on the universe. After integrating with the locals, helping to defend them from the colonizers, and then having half-desert babies.

Did they ever actually describe him as white in the books? I always thought of him as light brown, but maybe I am racist.......

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
If the movie can live up to the quality of the cast we'll be in for something special.

Juvarisx

Florida
Playing Duncan Idaho

Yea this may be the best cast I've seen outside of Once Upon a Time in Hollywood

Siliconemelons

This is one of those space epics that are just a simple formula they need to just resist temptation to "change"

It's all done and written, so don't mess with it- get a super A-list cast for EVERYONE (done)

And throw money at the art side of it- visuals music etc

Enjoy

• 1Like

Sterling

El Presidente
This is one of those space epics that are just a simple formula they need to just resist temptation to "change"

It's all done and written, so don't mess with it- get a super A-list cast for EVERYONE (done)

And throw money at the art side of it- visuals music etc

Enjoy
Yeah, no need to get too fancy.