Dune Awakening

Tearofsoul

Ancient MMO noob
An Open World Survival MMO set on a vast and seamless Arrakis shared by thousands of players. Brought to you by Funcom

• 5Like
  • 2Weird Boner
Reactions: 6 users

Izo

Tranny Chaser
Yes Please Want GIF by Brimstone (The Grindhouse Radio, Hound Comics)

• 1Worf
Reactions: 1 user

Cinge

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
An Open World Survival MMO set on a vast and seamless Arrakis shared by thousands of players. Brought to you by Funcom

Hmm. I have enjoyed funcom's games. Even though AO had a bad launch and AoC wasnt as great. TSW was a blast though. And I put a lot of hours into conan exiles with friends(just no long lasting appeal there). So I am cautiously optimistic atm.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Cybsled

Only problem is if pvp is forced, you’re going to have the same issue all these games have: some dudes from Asia or Europe raid your base at 4am/while you are at work and you lose all your shit

Animosity

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Not really interested in a Dune themed game, but Funcom sure does make good looking games.

elidib

Vyemm Raider
If this had been a single-player RPG or action RPG, a la uncharted, I'd have been all over it, but an open world survival MMO?

Meh.

Edaw

Parody
<Gold Donor>
Anarchy Online 2.0? Was such a good game, would be nice to have a reboot.

• 2Solidarity
  • 1Like
Reactions: 2 users

Kuro

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
I will buy any FunCom game. They are my favorite systems designers who have no fucking idea how to code a video game.

Amusing that it will be their second MMO about defending extractors in the desert

Last edited:
  • 3Solidarity
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 3 users

Chersk

Trakanon Raider
This is my wheelhouse so I’ll be all over it.

Funcom have typically not been shy about taking chances but didn’t they get bought out kind of recently?

Ambiturner

Ssraeszha Raider
Hmm. I have enjoyed funcom's games. Even though AO had a bad launch and AoC wasnt as great. TSW was a blast though. And I put a lot of hours into conan exiles with friends(just no long lasting appeal there). So I am cautiously optimistic atm.

TSW is/was really underrated.

Really had the best atmosphere and dungeons of any MMO I've played. Just a shame they prioritized shit like a theater for people to put on plays over content people actually give a shit about

• 2Solidarity

Creslin

Trakanon Raider
I thought AOC was a potentially great game, really enjoyed leveling up in that game and the overall world. It fell on its face because it really lacked endgame content for pve and its combat system wasn't evolved enough for a good pve game. The whole base building thing was suposed to be a main feature too and really just didn't matter enough early on.

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
Are there going to be other planets or is every zone going to be a desert zone? lol.

Furry

WoW Office
<Gold Donor>
It will be brown, the way mmos are supposed to be.

• 6Worf
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 6 users

Daidraco

Golden Baronet of the Realm
TSW is/was really underrated.

Really had the best atmosphere and dungeons of any MMO I've played. Just a shame they prioritized shit like a theater for people to put on plays over content people actually give a shit about
TSW was so fucking weird, so good and.. had no hook. Ill never understand why I liked it, but just didnt care about it. I specifically remember not liking how they showed armor, or were pushing for a cash shop dynamic or something. But other than that, the zones, the talent tree kind of wheel thing, all of that was really cool/interesting.

Are there going to be other planets or is every zone going to be a desert zone? lol.
Ya, Im curious how big the game world(s) are going to be and how much of a PVP sandbox MMO are they going to push vs a theme park MMO, both with survival mechanics. The only thing thats coming to mind right now is this game set in the Dune universe, though:

rhinohelix

<Gold Donor>
It's jus
Can't wait to see everyone is the Maud'Dib with their own sandworm mount.

30 sandworms all stacked ontop of each other outside the dungeon entrance.
It's just like the Lynch movie then. TSW was an A+ concept for an MMO with a C+/B- execution. Funcom itself was the final boss.
Edit: I dearly loved TSW, its one of my favorite "MMO"s of all time but the reason it wasn't bigger was because of its Funcom-isms.

Last edited:

ili

Blackwing Lair Raider
I can already foresee all the bugs, exploits, crashes, glitches, and good times.
100% will play it day one.

• 1Like
  • 1Solidarity

Blitz

<Bronze Donator>
100% down for this. I haven't played Conan: Exiles, but I've heard Funcom does a solid job on the Survival-front.

I'm also the last human being to ever log in to Age of Conan (the first 25 levels three months ago). So I'm somewhat of a Funcom "connoisseur".

• 2Like