Dune: Prophecy

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

Bandwagon

Kolohe
<Silver Donator>
0.00 star(s) Rating: 0.00/5 1 Vote
Title: Dune: Prophecy

Genre: Action & Adventure, Sci-Fi & Fantasy

Creator: Diane Ademu-John

Cast: Emily Watson, Olivia Williams, Jodhi May, Travis Fimmel, Mark Strong, Jade Anouka, Chris Mason, Sarah-Sofie Boussnina, Shalom Brune-Franklin, Faoileann Cunningham, Aoife Hinds, Chloe Lea, Josh Heuston, Edward Davis

Overview: 10,000 years before the ascension of Paul Atreides, the Harkonnen Sisters combat forces that threaten the future of humankind and establish the fabled sect known as the Bene Gesserit.

• 2Barf
  • 2Like
  • 1Mother of God
Reactions: 4 users

Bandwagon

Kolohe
<Silver Donator>
TV series set in the 'Dune' universe which centers on the lives of the Bene Gesserit.
Creator:
Jon Spaihts
Villeneuve will also direct the pilot for Dune: The Sisterhood, providing some connective tissue back to the movies. He’ll also executive produce the show.

On top of the movies and TV show, there’s also a new Dune video game in the works, plus graphic novels, possibly a new book…everything is coming up Arrakis.

Dune fans have more to look forward to than a new movie and games. WarnerMedia has ordered a Dune: The Sisterhood series for its upcoming streaming service that will cover the mysterious Bene Gesserit order and its elaborate "superbeing" breeding program in the run-up to the events of the original Dune (and thus the movies). The show will have a clear spiritual connection to the 2020 film -- director Denis Villeneuve and writer Jon Spaihts will executive produce the show alongside Frank Herbert's family, with Villeneuve also heading up the pilot.
There's no set release date for The Sisterhood or any initial cast choices, although it's clearly not going to make the WarnerMedia service's late 2019 debut.
The series could be a coup for WarnerMedia. While it has been lining up original shows, the AT&T-owned media behemoth has so far talked mostly about taking advantage of its existing TV library. This could give you a good reason to subscribe even if you don't particularly care for Warner's back catalog. That's important when the company has to fight in an increasingly crowded streaming space where subscription fatigue is a practical reality.

• 1Garbage
Reactions: 1 user

Bandwagon

Kolohe
<Silver Donator>
11350-no-poster.jpg

Title: Dune: Prophecy

Genre: Action & Adventure, Sci-Fi & Fantasy

Creator: Diane Ademu-John

Cast: Emily Watson, Olivia Williams, Jodhi May, Travis Fimmel, Mark Strong, Jade Anouka, Chris Mason, Sarah-Sofie Boussnina, Shalom Brune-Franklin, Faoileann Cunningham, Aoife Hinds, Chloe Lea, Josh Heuston, Edward Davis

Overview: 10,000 years before the ascension of Paul Atreides, the Harkonnen Sisters combat forces that threaten the future of humankind and establish the fabled sect known as the Bene Gesserit.

spronk

FPS noob
reza aslan? well thats a weird choice

i can't wait to see how woke this show is

Aldarion

Egg Nazi
On the plus side, they can get as woke as they want in casting without any problems. All women, any race, lesbians, no problem.

I really liked a lot of things about the Bene Gesserit philosophy, and many of them are relevant for today, but I'm 100% confident theyll fuck all of those up based on their adherence to the source material so far.

spronk

FPS noob
i guess the show isn't dead after all, but its probably a fully new writers room and cast

• 1Like
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 1 users

wamphyr

Molten Core Raider
In the Dune movie, the recent one, Jessica acted amazingly as a Bene Gesserit sister. I mean the small details of movement, her grace, her posture...
Give me an entire show with that and I am happy.

But what narrative could they use for the show ? Something they invent themselves from scratch? It will be shit.
Give me the Dune Heretics narrative. I know it is not ~Dune~ per se anymore, but I want to see Honorate Mothers vs Bene Gesserit.

Sterling

El Presidente
In the Dune movie, the recent one, Jessica acted amazingly as a Bene Gesserit sister. I mean the small details of movement, her grace, her posture...
Give me an entire show with that and I am happy.

But what narrative could they use for the show ? Something they invent themselves from scratch? It will be shit.
Give me the Dune Heretics narrative. I know it is not ~Dune~ per se anymore, but I want to see Honorate Mothers vs Bene Gesserit.
Honored Matres? WHORES!

• 1Solidarity

Aldarion

Egg Nazi
I'm probably the biggest Herbert fan I've ever met. Its very difficult for me to say anything bad about that series. Almost everything is colored so strongly by nostalgia for me that its hard to find faults.

With that said, the "we're so good at sex its a superpower" shit Frank Herbert wrote into those last 2-3 books is one of the top 3 cringiest things in all of sci fi. Its like the kind of thing a sex obsessed virgin 14 year old would come up with, but be rightfully embarrassed about later. His decision to leave that shit in the books is mind boggling. Did he have no editor at all?

It was every bit as cringe as risthathra, and thats saying something.

I look forward to the series and hope they don't play too much on the magic vagina retardation.

• 1Like

Izo

Tranny Chaser
I'm probably the biggest Herbert fan I've ever met. Its very difficult for me to say anything bad about that series. Almost everything is colored so strongly by nostalgia for me that its hard to find faults.

With that said, the "we're so good at sex its a superpower" shit Frank Herbert wrote into those last 2-3 books is one of the top 3 cringiest things in all of sci fi. Its like the kind of thing a sex obsessed virgin 14 year old would come up with, but be rightfully embarrassed about later. His decision to leave that shit in the books is mind boggling. Did he have no editor at all?

It was every bit as cringe as risthathra, and thats saying something.

I look forward to the series and hope they don't play too much on the magic vagina retardation.
dune stand fast GIF

spronk

FPS noob
i'm confused what you guys are talking about, my understanding is the Dune series is a PREQUEL which means it'll show the creation/rise of the Bene Gesserit, has nothing to do with the Honored Matres which takes place years (thousands?) after God Emperor of Dune and I doubt we'll ever get to that, much less God Emperor.

sadly Herberts son wrote a bunch of shitty fanfiction about those time periods and they were really, really bad. I'd expect to see the creation of the Spacing Guild, that weirdo daughter chick who designed highliner engines and her son who was the first guild navigator, etc.

Big Phoenix

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Gold Donor>
Did the sisterhood start out trying to fix the problem of too many chromosomes?

• 2Worf
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 2 users
TV show information provided by The Movie Database