Ebola Outbreak

Araxen

<Donors Crew>
18d 5h 45m
Reactions
1,875 179 0 0
Ebola outbreak: Victim who sparked fears of global epidemic was on way home to US - Telegraph

An Ebola victim who was allowed to board an international flight was an American citizen on his way home to the United States, it has emerged.
Patrick Sawyer worked for the Liberian government and was visiting his sister there when he developed symptoms while on a plane to Nigeria. He was quarantined on arrival in Lagos and died on Friday.
Fellow passengers on his plane were given warnings about the disease's symptoms, which can include bleeding from the nose and mouth, but were allowed to continue on their journeys.
As Ebola has anincubation period of up to 21 days, there are fears that some may even now be spreading the disease still further.
Better stock up on your garlic folks. The great plague is coming!

Edit:2014 West Africa Ebola outbreak - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Big Phoenix

Baron of the Realm
17d 14m
Reactions
11,791 1,222 0 0
Its okay Dustin Hoffman, Cuba Jr. and Morgan Freeman are all still alive. Keither Sutherland is senial probably so dont gotta worry about him.

k^M

Knight of the Realm
1d 7h 12m
Reactions
319 40 0 0
Has Madagascar closed their ports yet?
Fuck Madagascar, as annoying as it is it's often faster and simpler to start in that place rather than wait for a boat to carry something in.

McFly

<Donor All-Stars>
18h 8m
Reactions
95 3 0 0
Its okay Dustin Hoffman, Cuba Jr. and Morgan Freeman are all still alive. Keither Sutherland is senial probably so dont gotta worry about him.
Donald Sutherland*

OneofOne

Molten Core Raider
11d 5h 39m
Reactions
583 86 0 0
Is that what you call it when you're alone, in front of you computer, wearing your red and white Santa cap, spanking it to greasy midgets fucking in a pool of jello and feces, crying to yourself at the state of your existence? "Partying naked" - yeah ok, that works.

Olebass

I'm a lead farmer.
<Donors Crew>
20d 8h 13m
Reactions
37,626 1,085 0 0
Fuck the garlic, I am taking over a Destroyer with a hot scientist.

Chukzombi

Slayer of Kerafyrm
50d 5h 12m
Reactions
72,848 3,771 0 0
so is this one of those diseases you only get if you dont wash yourself for 10 years?

Gorestabb

Knight of the Realm
1d 3h 36m
Reactions
62 0 0 0
Human-to-human transmission occurs via direct contact with blood or bodily fluids from an infected person or by contact with contaminated medical equipment, particularly needles and syringes. So avoid those things and you'll be fine.

Borzak

Ssraeszha Raider
20d 7h 9m
Reactions
8,342 507 0 0
Finally an advantage to living in BFE and forever from an international airport.

Noodleface

Delicious Noodles
9d 17h 29m
Reactions
7,234 1,110 0 0
Human-to-human transmission occurs via direct contact with blood or bodily fluids from an infected person or by contact with contaminated medical equipment, particularly needles and syringes. So avoid those things and you'll be fine.
And yet people in hospitals still come down with C-diff and other things at an alarming rate.

I think if it makes its way to the US we could have a serious problem. Just imagine one shithead that's sick touching stuff at Walmart while affected - there goes the South.

This might be scarier to me as I am reading The Stand.

Reactions
0 0 0 0
And yet people in hospitals still come down with C-diff and other things at an alarming rate.

I think if it makes its way to the US we could have a serious problem. Just imagine one shithead that's sick touching stuff at Walmart while affected - there goes the South.

This might be scarier to me as I am reading The Stand.
Because the entire population of the south is condensed into a small area like NYC.

Big Phoenix

Baron of the Realm
17d 14m
Reactions
11,791 1,222 0 0
Is that what you call it when you're alone, in front of you computer, wearing your red and white Santa cap, spanking it to greasy midgets fucking in a pool of jello and feces, crying to yourself at the state of your existence? "Partying naked" - yeah ok, that works.
Hey man if midgets in a pile of jello and shit is what your down with thats cool, just dont associate me with it.

Borzak

Ssraeszha Raider
20d 7h 9m
Reactions
8,342 507 0 0
I dunno. I know people this year who went into the hospital and came down with a staph infection while in the hospital. One lost his left at the knee and another lost part of her foot and that's the places you're supposed to go and get fixe.

Siddar

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
12d 12h 46m
Reactions
3,174 72 0 0
Ebola has always been a ticking timebomb waiting to explode. The argument of low transmission is false its in the medium range for transmission and there has been one airborne high transmission strain of Ebola that lucky only affected monkeys. What kept Ebola in check was its hyper lethality in that it killed people so fast they weren't able to spread disease before they died. The new strain has a lower lethality 70% versus 90% and takes longer to incubate then past strains. So the disease is able to spread much farther before people become sick. Any person trying to care for someone with Ebola will likely become infected unless there in a bio hazard suit. Third world living condition make rapid transmission very likely in crowded cities.

Governments really dropped the ball here in not reacting faster to this. Just because they have been lucky in the past with Ebola being basically self containing doesn't mean it will be so in the future.