Ebook pricing lawsuit Settlement payouts are coming

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

Lenardo

Vyemm Raider
got this Email yesterday from Barnes & Noble about the ebook price fixing lawsuit settlement... i have a Nook ebook reader (first edition one-) the nook tablet and the nook HD+ tablet as well. i get 52 bucks to buy more books....sweet (i get around 200 dollars in gift cards to B&N a year-yes i love to read books)

We are happy to let you know you are about to receive your portion of the eBook Settlement as an electronic credit. You can use your credit to buy eBooks on your NOOK, on the NOOK Reading App, and online at BN.com, and also to buy eBooks or print books at any of our Barnes & Noble stores.

How much is my credit?
Your electronic credit from the settlement will be $51.87
Your credit will be put in your Barnes & Noble account within the next three days.
You do not need to take any action to receive your credit.

How will I know my credit is ready to use?
You will receive another email in the next three days confirming that your credit is in your Barnes & Noble account. That email will also include a printable certificate that you can use at any Barnes & Noble store.
Click here to find out more about the credit and how you can start using it. You will need your Settlement ID ( deleted by lenardo) to view your credit amount and to see how this was calculated.

Why am I getting this credit?
The credit results from the Settlements reached with publishers Hachette, HarperCollins, Simon & Schuster, Macmillan, and Penguin in antitrust lawsuits filed by State Attorneys General and Class Plaintiffs about the price of electronic books. We previously sent you emails informing you that you were eligible for a credit in your Barnes & Noble account. If you did not receive those emails, you can read about the Settlements atDomain Names, Web Hosting and Online Marketing Services | Network Solutions. Barnes & Noble was not a party to the settlements but as a NOOK customer you can take advantage of the benefits agreed to by the settling publishers.

Will my credit expire?
If the credit is not used to make a purchase within one year, your entire credit will expire on April 1, 2015, and you will no longer have access to use it. However, if you make a purchase that only uses part of your credit, the remainder of the credit will have no expiration date.

How was my credit amount calculated?
The amount of your credit was determined by (1) how many qualifying eBooks you purchased during the claims period and (2) if the eligible eBook was ever a New York Times Bestseller. eBooks that were New York Times Bestsellers received a higher per eBook credit than those that were not New York Times Bestsellers.

As always, we appreciate your business and thank you for being a valued NOOK and Barnes & Noble customer.

Sincerely,

Barnes & Noble

Intrinsic

Person of Whiteness
<Gold Donor>
I only got $3.65 from Amazon, must not be buying the right books. Need to pay attention to who is getting sued.

khalid

Unelected Mod
$47 myself, fairly sweet I guess. Though Im sure they took more money in price fixing than that.

Lenardo

Vyemm Raider
we got it in store credit so it's going to buy..MORE BOOKS- or in amazon's case, more stuff from amazon... heck i might have enough to buy another tablet in gift cards......

Moogalak

<Gold Donor>
I got 6.75 back. Didnt even pay attention to the lawsuit, but I welcome the windfall. I really worry about my ebook budget.
rolleyes.png

Chanur

Shit Posting Professional
<Gold Donor>
I got like 4 bucks. Must be my crap taste in books.

Zodiac

Lord Nagafen Raider
Getting ~$6 back and then looking at all the ebooks I've read since 2010 made me feel bad for stealing. Then I felt conflicted about feeling bad for pirating when I was prompted to feel bad because of a price fixing lawsuit...

Jorren

Maximum Derek
<Bronze Donator>
Getting about 8.00 back, I will take it. About to go on a reading frenzy anyway.