Elder Scrolls VI

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

Randin

Trakanon Raider
The landscape in the trailer looks like it's on the arid side, which has me thinking the game is set in Hammerfell. A non-fantasy-Europe would be a nice change of pace, aesthetically, so I'm on board for that.

Now if they can just make in Elder Scrolls game where they increase the depth, rather than decreasing it, that would be lovely. I love me some Elder Scrolls, but they really need to move beyond the whole 'mile wide, inch deep' thing.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Dandai

Lesco Brandon
<Gold Donor>
Yeah, Morrowind is the only Elder Scrolls game I've put any significant time into, and that was because I was a kid and my parents figured out they could keep me off EQ by restricting my internet access. I can appreciate what they were going for with Skyrim, but I struggle to stay interested in a heavily procedural, algorithmically driven world. Combat doesn't need to be Dark Souls levels of engaging, but it needs to be more inspired than left click/left hand, right click/right hand.

I'm optimistic, but my expectations are low.

Kriptini

Vyemm Raider
It's all about the mods. Vanilla Skyrim was pretty, but mediocre. With mods though, I poured hundreds of hours into it. Assuming mod support gets better every generation, this game will be more entertaining than Skyrim.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Caliane

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Reddit seems to think High rock.
im no expert but they seem correct to me. Visually leaving Skyrim, heading to High rock. visible keep on the cliff is Ornsinium.

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
It's all about the mods. Vanilla Skyrim was pretty, but mediocre. With mods though, I poured hundreds of hours into it. Assuming mod support gets better every generation, this game will be more entertaining than Skyrim.
As long as you don't play on consoles sure, since consoles are basically locked to paid mods only(or "Creation Club" like they tried to brand it, not paid mods at all, just mods you spend money on). But even then, I don't know what the future holds for free modding in Elder Scrolls. At least I wouldn't bank too much on it, they've been trying hard to get a cut out of everything being made on their games, even though a lot of it is just fixing their own fucking mess like bad textures and audio in the remaster version and what not. Personally I did enjoy Skyrim mostly before mods were big, had a few I think but nothing too big, it was just a pretty fun game at its core I think. Just wish the combat was less shit and the difficulty better. If they could have Vermintide's combat that'd be so much better.

Aaron

Goonsquad Officer
<Bronze Donator>
The "magic" of Skyrim for me was how after the first, say ~2 hours (unlocking the ability to collect dragon souls and shouts), you can basically point yourself in a direction, head there and find adventure. The lack of linearity is what made the game for me. If this is anything like that then I'm up for it!

• 5Like
Reactions: 4 users

sleevedraw

Revolver Ocelot
<Bronze Donator>

I agree, but unfortunately that's a pretty big assumption what with all the fuckery they've been pulling with Creation Club and other attempts at monetizing mods.

Chimney

Trakanon Raider
I think I might be the only person that enjoys this genre, but spent maybe 3 hours playing Skyrim on PC and like 2 hours on console. It was just so bland.

Maybe I should try it again since the ESO - MMO got a good 40 hours out of me a few months back.

Bandwagon

Kolohe
<Silver Donator>
It could be bleeding, stinking, covered in warts from tip to stem, and I'd still be riding Bethesda's dick.

I'm in.

Siliconemelons

Hope its VR, Skyrim VR is sex even on ps4, on PC with hot model mods and all that super texture mods etc. its one of the best rated VR games and exp there is

Jait

Molten Core Raider
The landscape in the trailer looks like it's on the arid side, which has me thinking the game is set in Hammerfell. A non-fantasy-Europe would be a nice change of pace, aesthetically, so I'm on board for that.

Now if they can just make in Elder Scrolls game where they increase the depth, rather than decreasing it, that would be lovely. I love me some Elder Scrolls, but they really need to move beyond the whole 'mile wide, inch deep' thing.

You must have played Arena and Daggerfall. TES was the mainstream games where you had access to the entire world in a Grand Quest (literally the elder scrolls) that determined the direction of an entire world, or you could entirely ignore it.

The side stories are fantastic. Redguard and Battlespire took place in a limited world but basically became the series from Morrowind forward. I miss the days of a bug ridden world where you could visit the leaders of all nations before making a storm at the King of Worms.

It’s hard to bash quality over quantity but the past few games are spinoffs and don’t seem to really reflect the “You can be and do anything” we had two decades ago. I’m old and whiny.

gshurik

Tranny Chaser
<Gold Donor>
I think if it's Hammerfell they'll really make the deserts and mesas the key aspect of it.

I'm thinking High Rock right now with the relationship between the Orcs and Bretons being explored. Obviously Hammerfell makes a great expansion area though.

If we're lucky Hammerfell and High Rock will be part of the base game, with Cyrrodil or the Summerset Isles as expansion areas.

Siliconemelons

I never played any TES games till a bit of morrowind and oblivion, and now a lot of VR Skyrim- so I watched some old vids and stuff- yeah it was CRAZY how much content they had in the old games and you had the entire world/continent to go around - the amount of decently consistent lore etc. is insane - no clue how they have writers that have written 10000x more than GRRM for all of these games. Every stupid random book in the game is like 10 pages long of lore and shit...its amazing.

Malkav

French Madman
"It's years away, stop asking us!!"

Why the hell did you tease the fucking thing two years ago then, dipshit?

• 3Solidarity
  • 3Like
Reactions: 5 users

Utnayan

I Love Utnayan he’s awesome
<Gold Donor>

Looks like ES VI is years away. Starfield too.

Course it is. This company is so fucked in the head right now they couldn’t design their way out of a paper bag and they fucked all their funding too.

Zenimax Media board is rumored to be not happy with who is running the show either.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
Imagine if you spent 7 years repackaging Skyrim over and over and over and over to make money.

• 2Like
  • 1Tiresome
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 3 users