Election Campaign General Discussion Thread

Archmage Lightning Lord Rule

Lightning Fast
<Charitable Administrator>
43d 6h 52m
Reactions
8,795 413 0 0
Perhaps we should have a general discussion/debate thread where candidates can go back and forth and keep the campaign threads clear of anything resembling campaigning by other candidates. I remember having a general discussion thread for previous elections.
This is a good idea from Denamian so here's a thread where the candidates and any other users can post without fear of campaigning in others' threads in violation of the election rules.

If you have something you want to say about the election or a candidate that doesn't really fit in that candidate's thread, post it here!

Titan_Atlas

Wakanda raider
<Donors Crew>
12d 1h 42m
Reactions
14,225 797 0 0
I was gonna run but time constrains. So instead I'm gonna campaign against faggots I don't like. Game on bitches.

Tuco

Janitor of the Realm
21d 21h 58m
Reactions
41,839 2,502 0 0
I've received hundreds of PMs asking why I am not running for elected office. In order to stave off any more confusion:
LightningLordRule said:
11. Due to our status as a 501(c)3 (nonprofit) corporation, the administration and moderation staff must refrain from posting content in threads that are overtly political in nature. Posts in those threads made by staff will be of an official nature only.
I regret to inform my loyal constitutents that due to this new rule I will unfortunately not be running for office this cycle. I am in talks with change us from a non-profit organization to a For Profit organization in partnership with IGN to allow me to shitpost in the politics thread and also be head amod. @suineg is not on board with this adjustment yet, but the outlook is good.

I understand for some of you, @hodj @Daezuel this represents a great disappointment, but my contributions of steak and reposts to the political thread are too great a value to lose.

pharmakos

bµɐʁwɐʞoƨ
<Donors Crew>
15d 18h 14m
Reactions
4,975 1,981 0 0
i'm afraid to endorse anyone publicly, since so many people here are opposed to anything i say just because i said it, but -- if Denamian doesn't win a mod spot, then it proves this board is full of fools. he's been obviously the best candidate for many seasons running now, and he definitely deserves a chance.

vote for Denamian.

ZyyzYzzy

He called the shit poop
<Moderation Tools>
39d 11h 16m
Reactions
23,133 1,442 0 0
I've received hundreds of PMs asking why I am not running for elected office. In order to stave off any more confusion:

I regret to inform my loyal constitutents that due to this new rule I will unfortunately not be running for office this cycle. I am in talks with change us from a non-profit organization to a For Profit organization in partnership with IGN to allow me to shitpost in the politics thread and also be head amod. @suineg is not on board with this adjustment yet, but the outlook is good.

I understand for some of you, @hodj @Daezuel this represents a great disappointment, but my contributions of steak and reposts to the political thread are too great a value to lose.
No one sent you any PM's you fence sitting queer.

Tuco

Janitor of the Realm
21d 21h 58m
Reactions
41,839 2,502 0 0
Also, having reviewed the entries for this year's election, I can confidently say that we will have a great round of amods for the second half of this year and this community will be well served by the democratic system I single-handidly established.

Mario Speedwagon

Shitpost Plumber
<Former Moderator>
13d 22m
Reactions
38,707 1,895 0 0
I am now accepting applications for a posting surrogate so I can run for amod. The responsibilities of this position include reading a at least once daily PM of links and rants about the Jewish subversion western society and reposting to the appropriate threads.

loudgas

Ssraeszha Raider
4d 14h 7m
Reactions
8,082 2,985 0 0
what is the incentive to be a moderator? Is it a paid gig or the opportunity to wield power over others?

Lightning Fast
43d 6h 52m
Reactions
8,795 413 0 0
what is the incentive to be a moderator? Is it a paid gig or the opportunity to wield power over others?
You get the opportunity to help out with the day to day operation of the site. Sometimes this can be a lot of work, so helping out frees up the admins to work on the site and do promotions and charitable works.

You get the prestige of the Amod tag.

If you successfully complete your term, you get Super Donor status and some other special flair when that goes live.

Whether any of that is worth it is of course up to the individual. But remember, nothing ever changes for the better if people who care do nothing.

Hekotat

FoH nuclear response team
<Donors Crew>
18d 9h 41m
Reactions
3,576 237 0 0
Ain't nobody got time for this shit!

Denamian

Night Janitor
<Moderation Tools>
24d 7h 1m
Reactions
1,695 113 0 0
i'm afraid to endorse anyone publicly, since so many people here are opposed to anything i say just because i said it, but -- if Denamian doesn't win a mod spot, then it proves this board is full of fools. he's been obviously the best candidate for many seasons running now, and he definitely deserves a chance.

vote for Denamian.
Ease up there man. You're going to ruin my schtick of running for amod on a reasonableness platform while knowing I'm not going to win. It's all about appearing to give a shit so I can get a couple internet points and not have to actually do much of anything.

I don't know what the fuck I'd do if I had to actually follow through on this shit.

Hekotat

FoH nuclear response team
<Donors Crew>
18d 9h 41m
Reactions
3,576 237 0 0
Who is the number one cocaine fueled contender? They've got my vote whomever they are.

ZyyzYzzy

He called the shit poop
<Moderation Tools>
39d 11h 16m
Reactions
23,133 1,442 0 0
A vote for ZyyzYzzy ZyyzYzzy is a vote for freedom. A vote for anyone else is a vote for a child-raping, fence jumping, illegal animal.

ZyyzYzzy

He called the shit poop
<Moderation Tools>
39d 11h 16m
Reactions
23,133 1,442 0 0
A vote for ZyyzYzzy ZyyzYzzy is a vote for freedom. A vote for anyone else is a vote for a child-raping, fence jumping, illegal animal.

Mario Speedwagon

Shitpost Plumber
<Former Moderator>
13d 22m
Reactions
38,707 1,895 0 0
If you successfully complete your term, you get Super Donor status and some other special flair when that goes live.
AYO HOL UP
IS U SAYIN
*smacks lips*
IS U BE SAYIN
*swigs colt 45*
WHAT U BE SAYIN IS
WE BE GETTING PERKS AN' SHIT?

I might have to reconsider if I get some gay flair back.

Lightning Fast
43d 6h 52m
Reactions
8,795 413 0 0
AYO HOL UP
IS U SAYIN
*smacks lips*
IS U BE SAYIN
*swigs colt 45*
WHAT U BE SAYIN IS
WE BE GETTING PERKS AN' SHIT?

I might have to reconsider if I get some gay flair back.
Araysar Araysar will be the first person to receive this flair when it goes live, but his is being customized and worked on and polished even now.