End of Watch (2012)

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

Zaide

TLP Idealist
0.00 star(s) Rating: 0.00/5 0 Votes
Title: End of Watch

Tagline: Every moment of your life they stand watch

Genre: Crime, Drama, Thriller

Director: David Ayer

Cast: Jake Gyllenhaal, Michael Peña, Natalie Martinez, Anna Kendrick, David Harbour, Frank Grillo, America Ferrera, Cody Horn, Shondrella Avery, Hugh Daly, Gene Hong, Cle Shaheed Sloan, Jaime FitzSimons, Everton Lawrence, Zone, Alvin Norman, Richard Cabral, Diamonique, Maurice Compte, Flakiss, Manny Jimenez Jr., Nikki Nicholle Barreras, Kristy Wu, Candace Smith, Corina Calderon, David Fernandez Jr., McKinley Freeman, Kevin Vance, David Castañeda, John A. Russo

Release: 2012-09-20

Runtime: 109

Plot: Two young officers are marked for death after confiscating a small cache of money and firearms from the members of a notorious cartel during a routine traffic stop.

Zaide

TLP Idealist
Did anyone check this movie out while it was in theaters?

I went there with a few friends expecting the movie to be pretty terrible but was surprised to find that it was an extremely enjoyable film. I would rank it among Looper/Batman in terms of movies this year, and is probably my second favorite film of the year after Prometheus.

Homsar

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
lulz at the Prometheus comment but yeah, it's a really good movie.

ohkcrlho

Silver Baronet of the Realm
Hey ohkcrlho did you see this movie? What did you think?
Yeah i did.why?
Well....it was pretty average imo.plus that final part
when the 4 mexicans, with ak's, in full auto, dont kill the cops, it was quite hilarious
4/10

Caliane

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Yeah i did.why?
Well....it was pretty average imo.plus that final part
when the 4 mexicans, with ak's, in full auto, dont kill the cops, it was quite hilarious
4/10
yeah. up until the last 20 minutes I would have probably given the movie an 7 or 8/10. Those last 20 min thought? 3 or 4 out of 10 as you say.
Totally ruined the movie.

Its like an unintentional Adaptation. First half of it is done in a "real" almost documentary style with no direction, then suddenly after talking to his brother for help with the script, who suggests a more Hollywood style movie with action, romance, etc, the movie totally changes directions and out of nowhere, action, romance, drugs.

• 1Seriously?
Reactions: 1 user

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
Just watched this. I agree with Zaide Zaide that this was a solid movie, and Prometheus was pretty good too. Felt really "otherworldly" and I dug the setting.

As for End of Watch, I agree that the last few minutes sucked a lot of air out of the movie. However all in all I thought it was a movie that needed to be made. It's interesting to watch it in 2022 and wonder how much of it would be cut to pieces by the studio if it were a current year movie.

Also thought that the two main guys were charismatic enough that I would have watched a show with them driving around shooting the shit all day. Though again, if it were made now, it'd probably be all about them trying to expose a corrupt racist chief or something.

Regardless, this movie is a solid dose of reality and everybody should watch it once.

• 1Like

Bandwagon

Kolohe
<Silver Donator>
I worked on this movie. I made the ID that the girl holds up in the camera when she's going through his wallet. Still have the fucked up one I did around the house somewhere.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Chanur

Shit Posting Professional
<Gold Donor>
I worked on this movie. I made the ID that the girl holds up in the camera when she's going through his wallet. Still have the fucked up one I did around the house somewhere.
This was a pretty good intense movie.

• 1Solidarity

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
I grew up on a shitty side of town, at least for a few years, and knew some legit gangbangers. We had mutual respect. Game recognize game. Zaide Zaide one time I beat up 3 of them at once.

...I'm just kidding, they laughed at my skinny 10 year old frame and my pale whiteness. They were indeed scary guys, but they mostly just liked to sit around and smoke pot. I did see a couple guns since these guys aren't the least bit subtle and like to show off.

Because I had balls was a total moron, one time I argued my way into a basketball game with a bunch of older thuggish kids, and basically ordered one of the bigger ones to gimme the ball. They all had a laugh and they did and I thought I was tough shit. In retrospect I'm lucky I didn't get a fucking beatdown and it's clear they were just humoring me.

That old neighborhood is WAY more of a mess post-2020, dropped by there recently and it's got grafitti everywhere and a major drug problem. The local town board (who are all white people of course) want to actually abolish the town police force and replace it with civil servants or something, and they're pushing through the legislation. There's been a huge backlash from the community (who are mostly non-white people) telling the town board not to speak for them and stuff, and that they like the police and more importantly NEED the police.

A microcosm of what the whole country could end up like if we let guilt-racked pussies run things.

Drinsic

privileged excrementlord
Prometheus was pretty good too
blink-182 wtf GIF

• 1Like
Movie information in first post provided by The Movie Database