Ender's Game

Jait

Molten Core Raider
Some of you folks who think Speaker and Xeno are different books than Ender's Game couldn't be further off. You got confused with the setting in Ender's Game with its video games, kids killing each other, and some philosophy and treated it like a Star Wars movie.

All 3 books are about the exact same thing: Ignorance. Ignorance on every level.

The setting in Enders Game is just more fun and attracts a bigger crowd. For years the author bitched no one amongst the masses understood Ender's Game the way he wrote it, they just wanted Sci-Fi and Action. Then he said fuck it, and cashed in with a bunch of retarded Bean books that make 0 sense in connection to the original series. Don't get me wrong, enjoy what you want, and take from it what you enjoy. But if you "don't get" the 2nd and 3rd book, don't try to argue that's because they're not connected and confusing. You just liked the action in the first one, and checked out... it's okay. Here's another Bean book. That'll be 19.99

Tarrant

<Prior Amod>
Says the guy who flipped complete shit over Mandarin in Iron Man 3
Also says the guy who said he can seperate that part and still enjoy the movie. Which I've no had to say multiple times. Source material can be raped....and still be an enjoyable movie in of itself.

Case in point, I'll probably enjoy the hell out of World War Z even though that movie isn't even pretending to try to stay close to source material.

So now going back to the post you quoted. Where I said I'm sure it'll rape the hell out of the book but I'm sure I'll still enjoy it...where does any of what I said go against what you're quoting?

Also if my saying "I'm pissed they rapped the biggest villian in the Iron Man universe" is flipping complete shit, I'd hate to see what someone who actually does get angry over something comes off to you as.

Go try to be clever somewhere else, you failed with it here.

Gadrel_sl

shitlord
I can't believe they made this tool a mod, or janitor, or shit eater, whatever this pitiful excuse for a forum calls it. Actually, now that I think about it, he fits right in with the other mods.

Tarrant

<Prior Amod>
I can't believe they made this tool a mod, or janitor, or shit eater, whatever this pitiful excuse for a forum calls it. Actually, now that I think about it, he fits right in with the other mods.
Would you like a heating pad? It may take away some of the butthurt you're feeling at the moment.

Also my being a mod has nothing to do with any of the above conversation. If you want to troll leave it to those who are better suited to do so.

Agraza

Registered Hutt
This looks like a re-write akin to I Am Legend, where the entire point is traded away for "action".

Tarrant

<Prior Amod>
This looks like a re-write akin to I Am Legend, where the entire point is traded away for "action".
Man I hope not...what an awful movie that was.
frown.png

Some of you folks who think Speaker and Xeno are different books than Ender's Game couldn't be further off. You got confused with the setting in Ender's Game with its video games, kids killing each other, and some philosophy and treated it like a Star Wars movie.

All 3 books are about the exact same thing: Ignorance. Ignorance on every level.

The setting in Enders Game is just more fun and attracts a bigger crowd. For years the author bitched no one amongst the masses understood Ender's Game the way he wrote it, they just wanted Sci-Fi and Action. Then he said fuck it, and cashed in with a bunch of retarded Bean books that make 0 sense in connection to the original series. Don't get me wrong, enjoy what you want, and take from it what you enjoy. But if you "don't get" the 2nd and 3rd book, don't try to argue that's because they're not connected and confusing. You just liked the action in the first one, and checked out... it's okay. Here's another Bean book. That'll be 19.99
So I did like the action of the firstin additionto the 2nd and 3rd books. If you're into that sort of shit, you should check out this book:http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Armor_(novel)

Half the book follows this other dude and that's kind of boring but the real main character and the description of the action sequences is pretty good.

2nd book is like super mario 2. ppl want/expect familiarity. deviate too far and you get noise.

So I did like the action of the firstin additionto the 2nd and 3rd books. If you're into that sort of shit, you should check out this book:http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Armor_(novel)

Half the book follows this other dude and that's kind of boring but the real main character and the description of the action sequences is pretty good.
I picked up Armor off of my dad's bookshelf when I was like 14 and read the first half a few times. Always found the second half of the book (almost a different book) really boring. It wasn't until later that I read the whole thing through and realized how great a book it was. Still one of my favorite Sci-Fi books.

Superhiro

Silver Knight of the Realm

It doesn't matter that the 3 books are about the same thing. What the fuck does that even mean, "the books are about ignorance"? That's a topic. Is he trying to string a whole trilogy together purely on the merit of a single topic? It does matter that the sequels are shit. It was shit planning on his part to try to write them as a trilogy. It's not the readers fault that they were expecting sequels to Ender's Game and got "whiny pissy pants hangs out with stupid fucking aliens, after being one of the greatest protagonists in sci-fi". If "no one amongst the masses understood Ender's Game", its his fucking fault for not being a better writer. I think the rest of his body of work supports this. He got lucky, he bottled lightning, whatever. He wrote one book that is way out of the league of the rest of his books, and thinks his readers don't understand it? I think he doesn't understand it.

Agraza

Registered Hutt
That reinforces the tirade against Card that the books are just apologism for nazis/eugenics. What a douche. But this has no impact on whether I will see this in the theater (I won't).

Ritley

Karazhan Raider
Went back and read this book again over the weekend. They are going to rape the shit out of it with the movie, 100% guaranteed.

I really liked Speaker for the Dead. I was doing ok with Xenocide at first until the Aiua shit started (especially the two "new" characters that show up at the end) and Children of the Mind was in the same vein, although I finished both. Just too much metaphysical rambling for me...it seemed to go on and on no matter which character's POV was being presented. I get the feeling that the author likes stroking himself a little, tbh.

Anyway, the movie trailer is just destroying my mental picture of what Ender's Game looked like setting-wise. Just like the new Star Trek reboots...it's another Apple store in space! Fuck. Also not at all comfortable with the theory in this thread that he knows what he's actually doing the whole time..that is THE climax of the book.