Ender's Game

Tarrant

<Prior Amod>
If by rape the book you mean show nothing of consequence from the book other then going into detail more so on the ship battles that took place then yes, it's gonna be raped.

rolleyes.png

Grumpus

Molten Core Raider
If by rape the book you mean show nothing of consequence from the book other then going into detail more so on the ship battles that took place then yes, it's gonna be raped.

rolleyes.png
It looked like they put in a bunch of stuff that wasn't in the book and it didn't look good.

Unless the movie is 3 hours long, putting new stuff in will take away from the real story.

I have a feeling they are going to completely leave out the stuff with the Fantasy game, the giant and the kids in the park etc.

Tarrant

<Prior Amod>
It did look good and those battles were in the book. Frankly I'm glad its showing them because Card sucks ass at descriptive action sequences and I'm glad we can finally see those things come to life.

The whole theme of the book is Ender training and fighting battles to save humanity, expecting them to not show those battles in detail is silly imo. I'm sure some stuff will be left out and some stuff may be added, in the end as long as it's entertaining and pays homage to the book then whatever. It's Hollywood, if you don't expect this than that's on you at this point.

Grumpus

Molten Core Raider
It did look good and those battles were in the book. Frankly I'm glad its showing them because Card sucks ass at descriptive action sequences and I'm glad we can finally see those things come to life.

The whole theme of the book is Ender training and fighting battles to save humanity, expecting them to not show those battles in detail is silly imo. I'm sure some stuff will be left out and some stuff may be added, in the end as long as it's entertaining and pays homage to the book then whatever. It's Hollywood, if you don't expect this than that's on you at this point.
I know its on me. They shouldn't have made this movie because it won't stand up to my idea of the book.

Major sandy vagina here and ill be the first to admit it. But maybe ill be surprised.

Tarrant

<Prior Amod>
Meh, the trailer seems to stick fairly close thus far though they've only showed minor things. I think it'll be entertaining regardless.

Grumpus

Molten Core Raider
Meh, the trailer seems to stick fairly close thus far though they've only showed minor things. I think it'll be entertaining regardless.
I hope so, I am going into this with the same level of fuck you as I did to the Star Trek reboot and I left pleasantly surprised to that so idk. To many feels for this book bro.

Tarrant

<Prior Amod>
Understandable. I don't have high hopes for it following the book overly much myself, I think they just want to ride the sci fi/fantasy action train that has been picking up speed. I may have to go into it like World War Z and pretend it's called something else and just enjoy the movie for what it is on the screen and not what it's named or supposed to be based off of.

Hmm the book was basically:

a series of low-G exercises and increasingly tense "simulator" space battles, with a good amount of character development between

The trailer doesn't suggest huge alterations imho, unlike the World War Z trailers where it was obvious they weren't following the book at all. But then, I read Ender's Game 10+ years ago.

Mahes

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Looks a little "The Last Starfighterish", though this kid is even younger. I am just not a fan of little kids being heroes that save the whole planet. I prefer the kid portion of the story explaining why he grew up the way he did to become the Hero he is as an adult. I would have the same lack of enthusiasm for "Super Boy" if it were ever made into a movie. It does look pretty though and that actually adds to my concern. Everything is subjective though and perhaps this movie will not be all that bad.

Siliconemelons

To be fair, him being a kid is kind of a lot of the point... he was being trained to be that super awesome adult hero...but well things got a little jumpy faster than it would take to get him to be an adult so...

they just up and "used" him early to assplode the planet... something I think that needs to have him as a kid that although he has skills etc etc beyond his years he now has to deal with that...and then come the rest of the QQ books about him being the adult hero you wanted him to be...for the bugs.

Kreugen

Vyemm Raider
Books tell you things, movies show them to you, different things work better in one medium than the other. Duh.

PosterOfStuff_sl

shitlord
Looks a little "The Last Starfighterish", though this kid is even younger. I am just not a fan of little kids being heroes that save the whole planet. I prefer the kid portion of the story explaining why he grew up the way he did to become the Hero he is as an adult. I would have the same lack of enthusiasm for "Super Boy" if it were ever made into a movie. It does look pretty though and that actually adds to my concern. Everything is subjective though and perhaps this movie will not be all that bad.
That would require having something called "characters" and giving them "depth". All of which are missing from one of the most over hyped books I have had the misfortune to read.

I really am hoping they rape the book for all its worth, which is the only chance they have of putting out a decent movie.

Troll_sl

shitlord
Not going to see this because: a) the book is highly overrated and b) I don't want to give the author any money because he's a racist, homophobic dickbag.

Arakkis

N00b
The author is awesome, and I'm going to see this because he understands that the homos and browns will go to hell for their sins.