Soygen

The Dirty Dozen For the Price of One
<Nazi Janitors>

• 4Worf
  • 1Like
Reactions: 4 users

Rease

Blackwing Lair Raider
Can someone help me with this store lol? I cannot seem to figure out how to sort like in steam for RPG, Action etc or how to put items in a shopping cart?!?! I mean I am somewhat of an idiot but I would like to think not this stupid. If anyone has a sec please help lol. I search for RPG nothing comes up etc.

nicksw

Molten Core Raider
No you're not an idiot the store is unfinished/barebones. Here is their "roadmap" and as you can see a shopping cart is planned in the next 6 months lol. They just recently added a search, what a joke of a store.

• 2Like
  • 1WTF
Reactions: 2 users

Rease

Blackwing Lair Raider
Oh ok I feel better now lol:). I was thinking what am I missing here lol.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

a_skeleton_05

<Banned>
"If Steam would be both the cheap option and the feature-rich option, we'd not bother throwing money at people to make up for our severe disadvantages that our far superior competitor has lifted from our shoulders"

• 3Like

sukik

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Sweeny is burning a lot of good will his company has built up. I bet a lot of the "cost savings" are going to end up getting pushed onto the customers in the form of higher fees for payment processing. It looks like this is getting Steam to give a bit better cut to devs, so all his fuckery has accomplished something.

• 1Like

meStevo

I think your wife's a bigfoot gus.
<Silver Donator>
I know it won't change any opinions, but they have a public Trello for the store's development roadmap/plans:

Trello

Vorph

I know it won't change any opinions
Why should it?

Almost all of that should have been done before they even thought about rolling it out, and maybe they could have at least attempted to compete with Steam in some way besides buying shit up with Fortnite money. "Competition" would still be a term used very loosely though, since even for the very distant future there's still no promise of anything remotely comparable to Steamworks.

• 3Like

sukik

I'm pretty much done with the Epic store exclusive thing. I won't buy any game that is released as an Epic exclusive, and I this point I'll probably never buy anything off their store. I despise arbitrary exclusives. A company like Microsoft/Sony/Ubisoft/EA that payed for a game publishing it on their own platform is one thing, but Epic paying other companies for exclusivity to prop up their shitty store and calling it 'competition' is a bridge too far.

• 7Solidarity
  • 2Like
Reactions: 8 users

gshurik

Tranny Chaser
<Gold Donor>
Negative PR is a thing that does have tangible effects on a company.

Unless Psyonix is in big financial trouble, or has no designs on releasing a new game this is a retarded plan.

• 1Like

Soygen

The Dirty Dozen For the Price of One
<Nazi Janitors>
More anti-Epic stuff.

Twitter thread:

• 1Like
  • 1Barf
Reactions: 1 users

iannis

Musty Nester
If you're a game dev, I'd advise you to take your money while the money is there for the taking. But get paid up front.

I still don't see any reason for a consumer to consider this a better option. It's a demonstrably worse option.

• 1Like

Dandai

<WoW Guild Officer>
<Gold Donor>
Yeah, as a business I can’t fault Epic’s behavior. As a consumer, I find it reprehensible and short sighted.

If they’d just waited 6 months and launched with more features than a search bar, people wouldn’t be nearly as off-put by their exclusivity BS. But now they have to maintain both a live support team and a development team that must spend exponentially more time verifying their builds won’t break anything in the live environment.

I’m sure they did the calculations and determined that they’d lose more money by waiting than if they launched feature-lite. Or maybe that Fortnite money made them think they’re invincible? Hell, maybe they are and we’re the only whiny faggots that even consider this shit.