EQ TLP - Oakwynd (Evolving Ruleset Progression Server)

yerm

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Any thoughts on maybe some kind of event server where a raid/boss mob spawns in a random zone? Gets announced, and everyone has to potentially group/raid up to kill it? Has some time/requirement based cadence. Seems like something that could potentially get ported to live servers.

What if it's not random, and instead something like all open world raid mobs always respawn at exactly 6pm pst or whatever time if they are to respawn that day. Every day at raid oclock would be like expac launch race feel.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
Any thoughts on maybe some kind of event server where a raid/boss mob spawns in a random zone? Gets announced, and everyone has to potentially group/raid up to kill it? Has some time/requirement based cadence. Seems like something that could potentially get ported to live servers.

Good idea...if it's a classic Severilous equivalent.

Zaide

TLP Idealist
What if it's not random, and instead something like all open world raid mobs always respawn at exactly 6pm pst or whatever time if they are to respawn that day. Every day at raid oclock would be like expac launch race feel.
Every mob spawn would look like this, but at least it would only be for like 30 minutes before the spawn instead of 16 hours like the old days.

10EF7AA1-DF35-4BAE-8197-FBE3C3369D19.png

This could actually be super cool if it launched in like Velious with a progression to Luclin after one month. If every raid mob spawned at the same time by Luclin/Vel you’ve got a lot of content for folks to spread around on and even the zergiest of zergs can’t lock everything down.

Kharzette

Watcher of Overs
All you jonesing for elf time should jump in Chainbreaker today! Secrets's's's's's' server. It is wacky fun!

Starts in a couple hours I think. Wait more like 50 minutes.

Last edited:

Mrniceguy

Trakanon Raider
Because it's stupid and would be dead within a month

Yeah that doesn't answer my question.

Why does someone asking for a PvP cause such a visceral reaction that people post moronic statements that are just blatantly not true?

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

hEKK

Lord Nagafen Raider

Why does someone asking for a PvP cause such a visceral reaction that people post moronic statements that are just blatantly not true?
You're not going to get an honest answer because these people are mentally ill.

Ambiturner

Ssraeszha Raider

It did, you're just too fucking stupid to understand it. So go ahead and ask the same retarded question in different retarded ways, but I can't break it down for you any simpler than that

Zaide

TLP Idealist
I think a PvP server would be a ton of fun for a few months. I think it would not make a ton of $ for DPG and wouldn't retain a large population for very long though. I think we will see a PvP TLP within a few years here. I feel like AoCs and pickzones are kind of anathema to EQ PvP though.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Secrets

ResetEra Staff Member
I think a PvP server would be a ton of fun for a few months. I think it would not make a ton of $ for DPG and wouldn't retain a large population for very long though. I think we will see a PvP TLP within a few years here. I feel like AoCs and pickzones are kind of anathema to EQ PvP though.
For some reason Daybreak keeps making EQ2 PvP servers that consistently flop. Who knows

Animosity

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
EQ wasn’t made for pvp. It’s not balanced and the gameplay doesn’t work well for it. EQ2 was more made for pvp and it still flops. The populations die out so fast.

Arbitrary

Tranny Chaser
A short-lived gimmick server outside of the regular TLP rotation might have some merit but until you can put a couple hundred people in one raid zone without the servers falling apart there's no reason to even bother with a traditional PvP TLP.

moonarchia

The Scientific Shitlord
I think a PvP server would be a ton of fun for a few months minutes. I think it would not make a ton of $ for DPG and wouldn't retain a large population for very long though. I think we will see a PvP TLP within a few years here. I feel like AoCs and pickzones are kind of anathema to EQ PvP though.
FTFY.

Zaide

TLP Idealist
EQ wasn’t made for pvp. It’s not balanced and the gameplay doesn’t work well for it. EQ2 was more made for pvp and it still flops. The populations die out so fast.
Lack of balance is exactly why EQ PvP is fun imho.

• 2Like

Elderan

Blackwing Lair Raider

You want nothing to do with the type of people a PVP server would attract. Think of about 200 of the worst humans on earth...

• 1Truth!
  • 1Like

Flobee

Vyemm Raider
EQ PVP is fun. While I do think TLP wouldn't be a great environment for it (Monks would just run everything), I would still play. PVP people are degenerates its true, but not really as bad as its being made out in this thread. Most of them would fit in here just fine honestly. There is a massive skill ceiling on EQ pvp though and I don't think most people would enjoy how helpless they are even if they're 'good' at Everquest. The games movement speed + levitate and camera angle alone make any largish scale combat pretty difficult, still fun though.

AtabishiRetired

Peasant
For some reason Daybreak keeps making EQ2 PvP servers that consistently flop. Who knows

By EQ TLP standards, all EQ2 TLP's are flops and population dies out fast regardless of ruleset. EQ2 in general doesn't have a large population but most players they do have play live, not TLP.
I've played EQ2 TLP's almost as long as I have EQ TLP's, and even on day 1 launches they feel dead compared to EQ TLP's. It's a different standard over there.
Also a lot of EQ2 TLP's have built in incentives for live players to temporarily play such as claimable rewards they can achieve on the TLP and then claim on live. So what usually ends up happening is when a TLP is launched, what you're mostly seeing is the live players coming to get their claimables and soon as they are finished they all go back to playing their live characters.

EQ PVP is fun. While I do think TLP wouldn't be a great environment for it (Monks would just run everything), I would still play. PVP people are degenerates its true, but not really as bad as its being made out in this thread. Most of them would fit in here just fine honestly. There is a massive skill ceiling on EQ pvp though and I don't think most people would enjoy how helpless they are even if they're 'good' at Everquest. The games movement speed + levitate and camera angle alone make any largish scale combat pretty difficult, still fun though.

Monks in general are pretty garbage when it comes to EQ pvp until Luclin+. There are some situations/environments where they can shine before then, but it's very specific and an EQ pvp server would only be good from classic-velious anyway unless they made a lot of changes. EQ pvp is already not balanced (but it's still really fun imo classic-velious) but after luclin the lack of balance becomes far too extreme for it to be any fun.