EQ TLP 2024 Teek (Random loot) & Tormax (Traditional) #neckbeardnostalgia

Zog

Blackwing Lair Raider
A behind the scenes retrospective about EQ's development would be pretty cool. Especially any old footage and whatnot. Shawn's interviews with a lot of the old EQ dudes during Covid was awesome. Unlocked a bunch of core memories when they'd reminisce.

They mean from "their" time. When they were making some random expansion that nobody played.

xmod2

<Gold Donor>
I can't wait to hear all the classic stories and juicy drama that happened behind the scenes of Everquest Expansion 29!

• 1Faggotry
Reactions: 1 user

Breakdown

Gunnar Durden
“Let’s discuss the classic moments of this 25 year old game…..so during the summer of 2014……”

• 1Worf

Evernothing

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
1708642064248.png

• 1Like

Muligan

Trakanon Raider
I'm really afraid that all these "events" are going to be it this year. Surely they're not going to parade around and not have something to share? I can just see them very proud of themselves for getting out, reminiscing, and being like "Yah 25 years!" .... see ya at the 50th!

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
Is that one hour panel the only thing the EQ folks are doing at Pax East or are they going to have a booth / have a bunch of events going throughout the weekend? Would hope it's the latter.

Zaide

TLP Idealist
It's so disappointing that it's not a legit FanFaire. I mean I know those are probably expensive and a pain to do but it would still be really cool.

Am I understanding correctly that this virtual one is basically people paying for the opportunity to have a question answered but they will reject any questions they don't like?

• 1Worf
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users

DickTrickle

Definitely NOT Furor Planedefiler
It's so disappointing that it's not a legit FanFaire. I mean I know those are probably expensive and a pain to do but it would still be really cool.

Am I understanding correctly that this virtual one is basically people paying for the opportunity to have a question answered but they will reject any questions they don't like?
That sounds correct to me. I'm sure they'll get dummies wanting to ask some inane questions (when we will get a new pride bunny model?!). I like how there's no mention of a refund if they don't answer your question.

It does seem like there will be a few select in person tickets available but who knows how that would be determined.

Secrets

ResetEra Staff Member
Sounds like a fun time! Hopefully the interest leads to a proper Fan Faire or Darkpaw Live on the east coast.

I'll be there :)

1708711012724.png

• 1Like
  • 1Mother of God
Reactions: 1 users

Pharone

Trakanon Raider

The true fun of the old FanFaires in Las Vegas was getting to meet up with your guildmates and friends from in game. My brother and I enjoyed the living hell out of going to FanFaire the few times that we went. The panels were ok, scavenger hunts were fun, and getting to meet and chat one on one with devs/designers in person was fun if not eye opening when you realize that some of the ones you thought were cool end up being idiots and some of the ones you thought were assholes end up being pretty damn cool in real life.

For me, some of the things I looked forward to every year was getting to see what was coming in the next expansion, buying the DayBreak Cash cards at a discounted rate, and buying all kinds of EQ merchandise (to this very day, I still wear my EverQuest hoodie I bought at one of the FanFaires).

Ultimately, my main highlight from every year was getting to hang out with my guildmates for a few days. We would get our rooms at the hotel obviously, but then we would chip in to get a suite for everybody in our guild to meet up in through out the convention. We would go sight seeing in Vegas and have big get togethers at restaurants. It was a blast.

Some highlights that I will never forget is getting to meet Larry Elmore, hang out with Brasse (note that dwarf can out drink you easily), getting a Nagafen hat randomly popped on my head by Absor while waiting inline for a panel, and meet Brad McQuaid. I would put meeting Holly on that list, but to be completely honest, that was probably the most "meh" encounter I ever had at one of these events. I don't know if she was just the kind of person that didn't like talking to others or was having a bad day, but she literally was like "hello...", I told her that I liked the work she did on crafting in EQ2, she was like "ok", and that was it.

The developer Q&A panels were golden. Nothing like listening to the devs own people asking stupid questions. I remember asking at one year if we would ever get armor drops again like we had back in the day where when you saw someone wearing it, you knew damn well what they had done to get it. For instance, if you saw a tank wearing blue armor, you knew they had Cobalt armor on. It was a status symbol. You knew they were a badass just by what they were wearing. One of the devs said he knew exactly what I was talking about and that he wanted that to be a thing again and was working on it. Then he quit DBG to be a jet test pilot, so it never happened lol.

Point is... the FanFaires were fucking great. The game has not been the same since Fanfaires ended, Brasse moved on, and Ponytail tried to destroy the future of EQ with Minecraft Meets Norrath that ultimately failed horribly.

Bring back real FanFaires. Bring back the drunken dwarf. Bring back EverQuest!

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Pharone

Trakanon Raider
I just saw this on the Lord of The Rings Online website (lotro.com).

Apparently, there will be a public meetup at a brewery, and some of Darkpaw Games people will be there as well. No idea if they are going to announce this on the EQ site, but thankfully the Lotro people mentioned it on their site.

Join us for a meetup during PAX East on March 21st!

Join us for a meetup during PAX East on March 21st!​

Standing Stone Games is hosting a community meetup during PAX East! No ticket to PAX East is necessary in order to attend the meetup, although an RSVP is required to attend. A link to RSVP will be provided on this page soon. Here are the details:

Harpoon Boston Brewery

306 Northern Avenue

Boston, MA

Time: 7:00pm-11:00pm Eastern on Thursday, March 21st

Web site: Boston Brewery - Harpoon

Join us at the Harpoon Brewery in the Boston Seaport for a party! Standing Stone Games is teaming up with our friends at Darkpaw Games (EverQuest, EverQuest 2) to host a meetup at one of Boston's premiere breweries! RSVPs are required, more details coming soon including a link to RSVP.

We hope to see you there!

If any of you end up going to this and get a Lotro code (and don't personally play Lotro), I'd be more than happy to take it off your hands lol. It's too short notice for me to go to Pax East, so I will be missing it.

Zaide

TLP Idealist
I just saw this on the Lord of The Rings Online website (lotro.com).

Apparently, there will be a public meetup at a brewery, and some of Darkpaw Games people will be there as well. No idea if they are going to announce this on the EQ site, but thankfully the Lotro people mentioned it on their site.

Join us for a meetup during PAX East on March 21st!

If any of you end up going to this and get a Lotro code (and don't personally play Lotro), I'd be more than happy to take it off your hands lol. It's too short notice for me to go to Pax East, so I will be missing it.
Yeah they mention this in the EQ Pax East post.

Cukernaut

Sharpie Markers Aren't Pens
<Gold Donor>

trying to overdo an in person event and getting crappy attendance is a death knell.

i think the approach they are taking makes sense for testing the waters. The reality is they can easily flex the venue size if they need to in a 100-250 person quantum without fundamentally changing the event format so I imagine they will want to test the waters like that.

Anything below like 75 people and it would be a complete bust.

YttriumF

The Karenist Karen
<Silver Donator>
I have been playing on the Vaniki TLP and I think that a server that starts with Seeds of Destruction would be an interesting TLP. SoD came out about 16+ years ago, but I think all the races, classes, and advanced game mechanics are available at that point.

Anyway ... in favor of a "later expansion" start for one of the TLP's this time around.