EQ TLP 2024 Teek (Random loot) & Tormax (Traditional) #neckbeardnostalgia

Zog

Blackwing Lair Raider
I'm not asking for a return to the Garden of Eden. I'll settle for it being pushed back underground.

Krono needs to be changed to no drop and clickable for station cash. Dont tell me they need krono when theres plenty of easy illusion shit to make a fortune selling to us.

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
$1499? What a joke. It'll be hilarious to hear about when like 9 people sign up / show out in a room that seats 300 people or w/e.

They don't want you or anyone to attend. DBG is afraid of and hates its own audience.

They're doing exactly what I would do if I didn't want anyone to show up, for sure.

Last edited:

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
id still be on oakwynd if it werent such dogshit. i get it tho. gotta meme for the meme. miss you bros. yall comin out if its mischief?

Doooo it. You gonna run SK?

Can we expect a Zaide/Atabishi race for the 25th?

Pretty sure Atabishi is retired, but you know what they say.

Would love to see Dima pull up on a new server and add some chaos, but Phinny (well live now) is his home permanently and he's in retired mode more than anything else too.

All of the major TLP factions (TL, OGC, Faceless, Bishi/TEB, RI) throwing down on the same server on competing sides would be 24/7 hellfire and brimstone. ...Until some 10-box warp hacker came in and "beat" everyone to all the major targets. Really concerned that the party's gonna get spoiled by that kind of stuff cause I've got no reason to think otherwise right now.

Regime

LOADING, PLEASE WAIT...
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
This just popped up
IMG_6037.jpeg

• 1Weird Boner
Reactions: 1 user

Greyman

Trakanon Raider
Vicious will be back for another run, will probably compete up until PoP then guild will either continue as a shadow of it's former self (Bloodthirst) or fold like the rest (RI x 2, Cowboys etc).

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>

So who is the Michael Jordan of EQ?

Personally the best player I've ever played with is probably Spazu from OGC. Think he's on Mischief now. Another SK. That class really does have a high ceiling for being able to stand out if played well. When he was on top of his game, that guy could six-box his own group and have 4 of them in the top ten on the parse. Was the only SK I ever saw top the parse lategame as well. Guy's boxes made other people's mains look bad when he was "on".

Regime

LOADING, PLEASE WAIT...
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>

Dandin

P.s. someone from AoS was in their teamspeak and opened mic starts peeing into their guild comms @ 4:30

Last edited:
  • 2Worf
  • 1Like
Reactions: 2 users

Elaida

Trakanon Raider
pretty sure that was Jain. Or maybe that was another time. He 100% hot mic'ed a bio once.

• 1Like

Arbitrary

Tranny Chaser
Dandin

P.s. someone from AoS was in their teamspeak and opened mic starts peeing into their guild comms @ 4:30

It's a fun vid. The eating AEs with poor JBoot use to then try and stun Nagafen with some PBAoE is real clown car. We say this each time the video shows up here but you can stick Druid and Necro dots on Nagafen (the neg 100 and 200 MR check ones). You get some resists but they work.

Regime

LOADING, PLEASE WAIT...
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
pretty sure that was Jain. Or maybe that was another time. He 100% hot mic'ed a bio once.
Remember the raid into their teamspeak during their innoruuk raid and Skykam was all “this is your god Innoruuk”

Greyman

Trakanon Raider
Yeah that one is always good for a laugh, apparently he went on to actually be a somewhat decent Enchanter and had a youtube channel for a while posting tutorials and set up guides for later expacs, dunno if we was particulary great but he put effort into improving at least.

• 1Like

Azzlann

Lord Nagafen Raider
trying to overdo an in person event and getting crappy attendance is a death knell.

i think the approach they are taking makes sense for testing the waters. The reality is they can easily flex the venue size if they need to in a 100-250 person quantum without fundamentally changing the event format so I imagine they will want to test the waters like that.

Anything below like 75 people and it would be a complete bust.
1500 a ticket seems a little over tuned. I think it would be dope to go, but cant justify that.

Khane

Got something right about marriage

Personally the best player I've ever played with is probably Spazu from OGC. Think he's on Mischief now. Another SK. That class really does have a high ceiling for being able to stand out if played well. When he was on top of his game, that guy could six-box his own group and have 4 of them in the top ten on the parse. Was the only SK I ever saw top the parse lategame as well. Guy's boxes made other people's mains look bad when he was "on".

Doesn't ISBoxer make things like this trivial in games like EQ? Hell doesn't even using all its timing and macro like features make it easier when not boxing in a game like EQ?

DickTrickle

Definitely NOT Furor Planedefiler
Doesn't ISBoxer make things like this trivial in games like EQ? Hell doesn't even using all its timing and macro like features make it easier when not boxing in a game like EQ?
100%, not to mention MQ variants. That's why some of these claims of greatness when dealing with boxers are a little silly because you never know.

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
100%, not to mention MQ variants. That's why some of these claims of greatness when dealing with boxers are a little silly because you never know.

True, but I knew and raided with him for years and I'm fairly sure the guy in question wasn't using MQ. ISBoxer and macros sure.

Just to reiterate though, he was playing six characters at once and playing them better than most people play one character at once. Even with ISBoxer, that's a feat. He had fully optimized all of his rotations and coordinated his burns for peak effectiveness, which demonstrated a ton of knowledge of, well, all the classes. I observed his strats regularly and learned new ways to get the most out of classes like Bard. Every main Bard we had wasn't exactly a DPS maestro, but his Bard proved that the class had the potential to be a powerhouse. That ability to get the most out of a class and make others around you better by showing them how to use their abilities, are all things that I consider to be '90's Chicago Bulls talents.

Even when he didn't box multiple characters and only brought his main he'd put out peak performance on tanking, pulling, DPS. We had mains seeking him out for advice, especially on what abilities to combine with what. Lategame EQ is an absolute mess of cooldown attacks and self-buffs, especially for a class like Zerker, and knowing what goes with what (and when) to get that extra level of performance requires a lot of skill. One of those players who was always "on". Not sure if he's still playing or still playing at that level but he was damn good.

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
Spazu is A+++

Here's a vid of him dumpstering the hardest mission in LS.

He's simply killing the mobs before their scripts can activate. I talked with him privately about it and he's humble and merely says he's activating all the things (using IS Boxer). With glyphs, raid gear, etc that's a lot of heat for a group mission but he's still leagues ahead of anyone else in terms of boxing missions.

• 1Like