EQ TLP 2024 Teek (Random loot) & Tormax (Traditional) #neckbeardnostalgia

I have done about 5 TLPs at this point. Vaniki was my favorite concept with the challenges and smaller group content. I really enjoyed doing a group in a harder non-raid zone and getting good rewards.

I would personally love them to scale Classic - PoP back from 72 player raids to 24 or 30 person raids, but I know it will never happen.

This might be the year they decide to make a Classic - PoP TLP that funnels into Agnarr and resets every year. Would be the great recycler server that TLP fresh start / nostalgia folks could reliably visit and have their characters eventually end up in the Agnarr PoP locked server.

If they paired the above with a Mischief / Oakwynd blended server, should be a win/win. Then next year they can design another quirky server concept to test while delivering the Classic-PoP fresh restart reliable server.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
Tormax and Teek, huh. The latter has to be the worst name since Mangler, but a Kunark start sounds great. Gonna be a hell of a static grind.

Zaide

TLP Idealist
Tormax and Teek, huh. The latter has to be the worst name since Mangler, but a Kunark start sounds great. Gonna be a hell of a static grind.
Teek is the hotzone dude from PoK and they just increased the AA exp cap so this sort of suggests it is a fast exp server.

Zaide

TLP Idealist
Still dumb to launch May 20th and both servers at the same time assuming they are not clones of each other.
I don’t think they’ll launch on the 20th. I think they’ll launch on the 22nd. Probably spin the servers up on the 20th and open on Weds.

Xevy

Log Wizard
I don’t think they’ll launch on the 20th. I think they’ll launch on the 22nd. Probably spin the servers up on the 20th and open on Weds.
Man what if they Blizzarded us and for a 15 dollar fee you could get in TWO DAYS EARLY! That shit would be hilarious.

Zaide

TLP Idealist
Man what if they Blizzarded us and for a 15 dollar fee you could get in TWO DAYS EARLY! That shit would be hilarious.
Maybe the people with $1500 fippy tickets get in two days early.

• 1Galaxy Brain
  • 1Mother of God
  • 1Salty
Reactions: 2 users

Elderan

Blackwing Lair Raider

So whats weird is on the last few tlps they dont have the server launch on the calendar but the first expansion unlock is.

Example Oakwynd was launched on May 24th, nothing on calendar. But Kunark unlock was on the claendar for July 20th.

Could this be a classic launch still but sooner than expected?

Zaide

TLP Idealist
So whats weird is on the last few tlps they dont have the server launch on the calendar but the first expansion unlock is.

Example Oakwynd was launched on May 24th, nothing on calendar. But Kunark unlock was on the claendar for July 20th.

Could this be a classic launch still but sooner than expected?
That would be wild. Anything is possible really.

Elderan

Blackwing Lair Raider
Would they launch a server the week of the in person pax panel? Seems like a bad idea.
True didnt think about the Pax panel.. I mean they did say May at first of the year so I suspect May but who knows

Arbitrary

Tranny Chaser
Kunark start + Mischief loot rules would be interesting. Trying to level straight 1 to 60 would be a bad time but being able to gear up as you go making the best of what your group comes across could be really memorable. On Mischief when Kunark unlocked I assume that Kunark named had random Kunark loot and not loot from Vanilla also? If that's the case in addition to picking zones for exp you would be picking based on what you thought was going to drop for that level bracket. Careful decisionmaking along the way is going to pay dividends versus showing up to Kennels in garbage.

• 1Solidarity
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users

Daidraco

Golden Baronet of the Realm
So wait, this server isnt suppose to launch for another month and a half? or am I reading that wrong? If thats the case, dont expect me to check Discord very often, lul. Also, any ideas about the true box bullshit?
Tormax was a worthy foe, good server name! :emoji_crown:
Are you going to play this server at launch?
Kunark start + Mischief loot rules would be interesting. Trying to level straight 1 to 60 would be a bad time but being able to gear up as you go making the best of what your group comes across could be really memorable. On Mischief when Kunark unlocked I assume that Kunark named had random Kunark loot and not loot from Vanilla also? If that's the case in addition to picking zones for exp you would be picking based on what you thought was going to drop for that level bracket. Careful decisionmaking along the way is going to pay dividends versus showing up to Kennels in garbage.
Mischief was the first time I leveled in Kennels to 60. Something about that place just makes me go "blegh" a bit, for sure.

• 2Like
  • 1Truth!

Arbitrary

Tranny Chaser
Mischief was the first time I leveled in Kennels to 60. Something about that place just makes me go "blegh" a bit, for sure.

Someone's going to use the bathroom and you're going to get a charm break and the fucking thing is going to have rabies on it and the mezzes are going to break and something's going to respawn on you once you think that's handled and holy fuck this all hits really hard and the cleric is oom aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

• 1Like

Kharzette

Watcher of Overs
Are you going to play this server at launch?
Not sure. I've kind of done all the characters I wanted to try. Keep hoping they will open up more race/class combos.

Maybe if the ruleset is fun or wacky

• 1Like

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
Just got back from the pre-panel meeting ($15000 ticket cost extra whale version).

• Kunark start
  • Server releases with level 25 cap, cap is increased every two weeks until level 60
  • Recommended / required levels are dropped by 10 levels.
  • Mischief loot rules
  • Global spawn rate is doubled
  • Non-instanced raid mob spawn rate is quadrupled
  • Agent of Change raid instance lock times are doubled
  • Starting with Luclin, AA and level increases will be delayed for 3 weeks after a new expansion is released

• 1Mother of God
  • 1Solidarity
  • 1Picard