EQ TLP - Vaniki (Level-Locked Progression)

Kuro

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
I was always happy to not have a manabar and thus not need to use the Luclin models

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
Honestly this is so tempting. Im working from home 3 out of 5 days and not really playing anything right now other than some Destiny 2, but that shit is like play a few hours a few days and youve done everything for the week type game.

moonarchia

The Scientific Shitlord
SK again or Warrior? Still trying to decide ...
Long run? SK every damn time. If you aren't going to stay until TSS+? Warrior. The SK toolkit gets massive once you get into Luclin and beyond. Aggro spells. DS goodness. Taps that don't suck. And you become an xp machine once you have the spells and AAs to swarm. Also where you become PL king.

Zaide

TLP Idealist
I think I may be wrong about the May 25 launch day, I'm not confident they'd drop a fresh TLP the same day two other TLPs launched new expansions. I could see it being May 18th or May 11th.

imready2go

WTF is a Raider?
<Gold Donor>
They should never open a new TLP just before a major US holiday. Memorial Day weekend is for sitting on the beach sipping margaritas, not neck bearding EQ.
Early May would be much nicer.

Regime

LOADING, PLEASE WAIT...
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
They should never open a new TLP just before a major US holiday. Memorial Day weekend is for sitting on the beach sipping margaritas, not neck bearding EQ.
Early May would be much nicer.

eric cartman stan GIF by South Park

• 1Worf
Reactions: 1 user

Lambourne

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Yea I don't really get late May either, it's where most of the client base finally gets some summer weather after a long winter. March was a lot better, I'd imagine there is some thinking that goes into these dates so I wonder what it is.

Arbitrary

Tranny Chaser
Is GoD start official or is this just the popular consensus?

There's nothing confirmed. I can certainly believe that they had some kind of Gates of Discord start penciled in two months ago but we'll have to say if they stay the course.

• 1Like

forehead

Trakanon Raider
For someone who never played past PoP

Would GoD start totally change the leveling path or are people still going to be doing the normal starting zones/dungeons?

Is Gfay>CB>Unrest still a viable path or is everyone going to be on some extraterrestrial planet getting mad exp?

Vanessa

Uncle Tanya
<Banned>
Would GoD start totally change the leveling path or are people still going to be doing the normal starting zones/dungeons?
There's a reason when GoD was new back then, we called it GoDamn.

Mobs are:
  • Hard hitting
  • HP beefy
  • Equipped with innate racial DD procs like Ukun Claws
I'd question someone's sanity to level in GoD; ever. People will take the usual paths to 65.

Kharzette

Watcher of Overs
I think I may be wrong about the May 25 launch day, I'm not confident they'd drop a fresh TLP the same day two other TLPs launched new expansions. I could see it being May 18th or May 11th.
Late may is also time

Ritley

Karazhan Raider
There's a reason when GoD was new back then, we called it GoDamn.

Mobs are:
  • Hard hitting
  • HP beefy
  • Equipped with innate racial DD procs like Ukun Claws
I'd question someone's sanity to level in GoD; ever. People will take the usual paths to 65.
I don’t remember the hp being all that high, but the rest was true. Everything hit crazy hard and runs at selo speed

You are not thinking about enchanters charm wrecking zones though, I don’t think that got nerfed until OoW.

Vanessa

Uncle Tanya
<Banned>
I don’t remember the hp being all that high
Not ghastly high, no, but it didn't feel very efficient to me running a few of my lvl 65 characters there on live a few months ago.

You are not thinking about enchanters charm wrecking zones though
This is true. My EQ experience and the lens I view it through was always as a cle. That's how I liked my groups... tight knit, good communication, with a beefy tank, CC and dps'ing. Charm was always a messy means to an end imo, but I appreciated seeing a good talent making the best of that mess.

Felt like every time I got an enchanter that wanted a mob as a pet, they'd get bored, haste it, and charm would break right as I'm CH'ing the tank and either the chanter would just melt after charm broke and we'd wipe or the mob would low-hp aggro on the tank I'm CH'ing and he'd die and we'd wipe LoL. Maybe I just knew too many bad enchanters that couldn't control their pets well, who knows. Enchanter, like a bard, is such a nuanced class where skill really is evident. The times when I was around a skilled enchanter always felt like a blessing of comfort as a cle... was a sight to behold.

DickTrickle

Definitely NOT Furor Planedefiler
Well, many GOD zones you can't charm anything. So it's kind of an indirect nerf then. Vxed charm is still pretty legit though.

OoW definitely nerfs charm and it's kind of a shit trade-off because you do much less DPS but when it breaks it's not like they are nerfed on DPS.

Lambourne

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
TLP enchanters have dramatically higher defense skill caps than they had back in original Kunark/Velious era so they don't melt nearly as quickly as they used to. On P99 they still cap at 145 defense, I forget what the TLP limit in Velious is but it's probably around 200 if not more.

• 1Like

Arbitrary

Tranny Chaser
TLP enchanters have dramatically higher defense skill caps than they had back in original Kunark/Velious era so they don't melt nearly as quickly as they used to. On P99 they still cap at 145 defense, I forget what the TLP limit in Velious is but it's probably around 200 if not more.

Enchanters on a fresh TLP would ding 50 with three pieces of cloth and 33 defense skill. On Selo the initial level cap was 60 and it was the same thing. All the fast groups charmed. Given the way defense is gained (enemy has to miss you for a chance at a skill up) all those Enchanters had dogshit defense skills at 60 even with the faster skill gains on that server.

Lambourne

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Not sure what your point even is but that's just ridiculous numbers you're throwing out there. TLP enchanters are far tankier than they were in original EQ was and if you disagree you just don't know what you're talking about sorry.

• 1Like