EQ TLP - Vaniki (Level-Locked Progression)

Creslin

Trakanon Raider
Kelethin is hands down the best if it's an option for you. Kelethin is also one of the closest to a LDON camp which is relevant in GOD.

alavaz

Trakanon Raider
"That maze"

The zone is 5 feet wide. There is no "maze" unless you happen to be an evil gnome and tucked away in the furthest possible corner of Ak'anon. And then you're a dozen steps away from the zone out instead of 10.
Lol. Just when I thought I could no longer slightly raise an eyebrow at the 'tism in these parts. You really showed me pal, and everyone is glad that you did it. Trophy incoming.

• 1Salty
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 1 users

Mr. Sox

Trakanon Raider
What about a second coming of the Fires of heaven guild on the new TLP. Btw, who still owns the guild name.? What player? Alex?

• 1Faggotry
  • 1Picard
Reactions: 1 users

Regime

LOADING, PLEASE WAIT...
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Wait, are those out? Can I get a Baja Blast too?
Animated GIF

• 1Worf
Reactions: 1 user

Zaide

TLP Idealist
I was actually considering recording this launch and posting like a ten-hour Youtube video or something like that. Probably won't though. Streaming would have been cool if I'd started ten years ago (definitely considered it), now I'm old and tired and everyone else is doing it.

Question for the room, what Origin points are best in terms of being closest to a PoK book? With a GoD release, the dynamics of Origin change quite a bit. Rather than it being a warp to a centralized location, it's more of an avenue to just get back to PoK faster.

Felwithe* and Kelethin come to mind, Qeynos for classes that start in the north zone (like monk).

* - Felwithe for classes that'd start closer to the Priest of Discord. I'm guessing some of them start way back in the caster guild. Never played a High Elf so I don't know.

Primarily thinking of cloth caster races that Origin closest to a book, and at the moment, I'm drawing a blank.
It’s never too late to begin streaming.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
"That maze"

The zone is 5 feet wide. There is no "maze" unless you happen to be an evil gnome and tucked away in the furthest possible corner of Ak'anon. And then you're a dozen steps away from the zone out instead of 10.

Not gonna be an evil class so hopefully that gives me a better warp point in Akanon. Gonna test it out.

Yeah, that kinda sucked. It wasn't TOO bad, but I could see it being a tedious run very fast.

Agnostic human cloth casters can start in West Freeport. Far as I can tell, that's the only Origin point that can get to a PoK book without having to zone again.

Bonus, it also puts you close to OoT which is out-of-the-way even with PoK.

Bruuce

Blackwing Lair Raider
I was actually considering recording this launch and posting like a ten-hour Youtube video or something like that. Probably won't though. Streaming would have been cool if I'd started ten years ago (definitely considered it), now I'm old and tired and everyone else is doing it.

Question for the room, what Origin points are best in terms of being closest to a PoK book? With a GoD release, the dynamics of Origin change quite a bit. Rather than it being a warp to a centralized location, it's more of an avenue to just get back to PoK faster.

Felwithe* and Kelethin come to mind, Qeynos for classes that start in the north zone (like monk).

* - Felwithe for classes that'd start closer to the Priest of Discord. I'm guessing some of them start way back in the caster guild. Never played a High Elf so I don't know.

Primarily thinking of cloth caster races that Origin closest to a book, and at the moment, I'm drawing a blank.
I feels ya. Someone a few pages back asked if anyone was gonna stream the launch and didnt see anyone respond. so if you did and since were in same group was gonna say you should.

• 1Moron
Reactions: 1 user

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
Will Vaniki have the tutorial Gloomingdeep thing? Is that the best way to start off if it does?

The items from tutorial can be really good, especially with a cap of 40. Unfortunately the best one (haste item) is super-rare, and the tutorial will be crowded.

I'd say better off skipping it, honestly.

What I'm wondering is how good LDONs will be 20-40. Accumulating points from as early as possible can result in some really solid rewards by 40. Especially the dodge aug from Everfrost, which is killer in-era. However, LDON exp sucks compared to the usual suspect zones. However, getting to 40 should be so easy that LDON-grinding isn't that much of an overall loss of time.

Question for the room: Does charm-gating still work? Not gonna use it to F with people (unless I have to) but it's very useful for retrieving a distant pet and not having to run back across hostile terrain to the camp.

yerm

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Getting to 40 is super easy. The slog on other tlps usually hit around 42-43. The fastest way assuming a packed tutorial is paludal/kurns/warrens and the either a nearby dungeon or sola&b or something. You can also do uguk and lguk the whole way and its fine. Honestly I can't imagine a reason to be worried about levels. May as well just go where your shit drops, slow or not.

WorryPlaysGames

Blackwing Lair Raider
So I had to reinstall MySEQ and now it's acting all weird.

When it loads now, it constantly beeps and has NPC's highlighted/blinking like alerts, but no alerts are set. When minimized, it doesn't do that so no idea what it might be. Newest offsets and it's basically a fresh install. Any ideas?

Edit: it was the range circle.

Arbitrary

Tranny Chaser
The tutorial is going to be a mess BUT if a group is in early and able to zip through it there's good stuff in there.

1650567492982.png

kobold chain.png

Even if your group has decided to skip the tutorial entirely you can get all of the following just talking to the different NPCs as you follow the Quest Journal -

1. Level 2
2. Sleeves from Vahlara
3. Tiny weapon upgrade from Absor
4. Gloomingdeep Guard buff from Rytan (91 hit points, 27 minute duration) along with a newbie spell. For example SKs get Spike of Disease.
5. "Worn Totem from Basher Alga. Duration is five minutes.

1653401613558.png

5. Kobold Leather Mask (2 AC all/all) from Poxan
6. Kobold Skull Charm from Arias after completing all the talky bits.

It is also worth considering that as long as you are level 10 or lower you can reenter the tutorial by logging out and pushing the Enter Tutorial button. A premade could pop back in at level 10 and steamroll the place, picking hoping and dps racing to get the rest of the armor and the weapon.

• 2Like
  • 1Galaxy Brain
Reactions: 2 users

Spiken

Golden Squire
MQ2 is an entirely separate topic. I was never intending to start a technical debate nor do I consider MQ2 something that is A. that accessible and B. worth the risk of scaling to army size. I sure haven't seen it.

Yeah so his little "app" that he's clicking that fakes the hardware IDs would have to be clicked each time before each character zones. Not super practical.

You're like a real life Dwight Schrute and I enjoy laughing at you.
I sold licenses for 2 diffrent bypass.
1. Cheap one that you need to activate before each time you zone.
2. Expensive one, that inject into EverQuest and give each EverQuest window a unique hardware ID and that is spoofed ever time when zoneing, no need to click anything

Truebox is a joke and always have been, there detection is worst the valves for CSGO

You dont even need vms. Proceed to remove your head from the sand.

Edit - just to note the guy who runs that discord now is a dumbass. So take that for what it's worth before people go drop money on that thing.

1. Thats my video and im not CodeCompiler
2. The idiot you talking about is CodeCompiler that bought license of me to use my bypass and also never paid what he owed me

Lol. Let's see those characters zone together. Thanks for at least putting something up though... it was... well you tried.

Here you have when zoneing character at the same time.

• 3Like
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 3 users

alavaz

Trakanon Raider
Thanks! So in your expert opinion does this mean that if they lift truebox completely there would be the same amount of people boxing big armies because this highly available code that people can easily inject into their game is basically rendering truebox null and void?

Regarding, the haste item in the tutorial, I've gotten it on both of the characters I've run through it on Mischief and seen it rotting 2-3 times as well. Of course I understand this may be Mischief %'s or just plain luck. It's probably still not worth camping, but worth being on the lookout for.

Spiken

Golden Squire
Thanks! So in your expert opinion does this mean that if they lift truebox completely there would be the same amount of people boxing big armies because this highly available code that people can easily inject into their game is basically rendering truebox null and void?

Regarding, the haste item in the tutorial, I've gotten it on both of the characters I've run through it on Mischief and seen it rotting 2-3 times as well. Of course I understand this may be Mischief %'s or just plain luck. It's probably still not worth camping, but worth being on the lookout for.

Since MQNext is open source. Pretty much anyone can get it to work on TLP.
Funny part is people only comment out the ezcommand /unload
And not the fully detour, which mean they also lose some of the security built into MQNext, because after it detects something in the ServerID::Invalid list, it will also deattach/deactive other things which make the version they running more unsecure then other versions or builds that does it proper.

Box armies will always be there, there are smart players and some of them are krono farmers and do this as a living and know how to bypass EverQuest hardwareID/fingerprint checks and also compile there own version of MQNext.

Next TLP will be swarmed with more people running MQ for sure, but most of them probally will be running on several computers (this includes virtual machines)

alavaz

Trakanon Raider
I actually think the smart people are few and far between if I'm being honest. Like a shocking amount of EQ players are awful with computers. MQ2 was open source as well and people who were smart enough to compile were few enough, but people who could update offsets every patch were even fewer still. I mentioned one time that I was able to find my own offsets and got offered money by many people (and threatened by a few others). Even when Mule was providing the offsets, I got lots of offers just to compile for people.

Loading MQ on every TLP post phinny should've been a no-brainer for like everyone and almost no one caught on. Just replace the "IC" module with the Phinny era one.

Does MQNext come with tools to find offsets? If it does, we may very well see an uptick. Who knows.