EQ TLP - Vaniki (Level-Locked Progression)

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

DickTrickle

Definitely NOT Furor Planedefiler
A lot of people probably quit Mischief around the time Spite Golems were dropping 20 god/dragon items per kill not realizing it’s just double or rarely triple loot now and has been for ages.

Mischief is likely to be more popular in all metrics than Yelinak during equivalent points in the timeline.
Sure, but what about to Phinigel? Or the fifth Mischief TLP to Yelinak? It being new and unique is huge but not sure that for sure means it's truly the most desired or popular ruleset.

It would be interesting to see how a free trade non-random server does against the recent TLPs. A lot of people I know playing Yelinak hated the random and extra loot way more than it being tradeable.

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
Anyone else finding that the Vaniki krono market is super-dead?

Went to buy kronos on day 3 and got nada for responses then or any time since. Saw a few for sale in Baz for way more than they usually go for at the beginning of a server. The krono market on Mischief and Aradune was BUSTLING a few days in. Here, it's like dead quiet.

DickTrickle

Definitely NOT Furor Planedefiler
Anyone else finding that the Vaniki krono market is super-dead?

Went to buy kronos on day 3 and got nada for responses then or any time since. Saw a few for sale in Baz for way more than they usually go for at the beginning of a server. The krono market on Mischief and Aradune was BUSTLING a few days in. Here, it's like dead quiet.
Having the bazaar available probably changed things.

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
1653784694455.png

Server-first MOTM boss kill (Vindi)

1653786695709.png

And Statue

God Help Us

Last edited:
  • 4Worf
  • 3Like
Reactions: 6 users

Mrniceguy

Trakanon Raider
Vaniki gonna attract the type of crowd that is less likely to sell Krono.

Casuals sell kronos in the bazaar.

Hardcores buy them, recycle them or sell them outside of game.

If you wanna Krono farm Mischief and/or Yeli the servers you should be on.

forehead

Trakanon Raider
Good to see Phatez corpse. Seal Team represent

Attachments

• 2AF1F589-5AA1-4063-96E2-7B0AED1CA744.jpeg
    2AF1F589-5AA1-4063-96E2-7B0AED1CA744.jpeg
    193.5 KB · Views: 9

Elderan

Blackwing Lair Raider
Right now sat at 9pm population

Mischief 1330
Yelinak 2971
Vaniki 798
Thornblade 342

I still have little doubt that Mischief will hold the most population after these launches though.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
Damn, that's impressive. Any particular strategy or just the bind rush? Surprised it wasn't KT since he's about the same difficulty with much better loot.

Charm pets do most of the work (and also break frequently). As long as enchanters don't all take a nap at once, that's doing a ton of DPS. Other than that it's a lot of bind rushing.

1653789775980.png

Rethinking playing an SK on this server because tanks have a pretty shitty job overall, at least for now.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

TairyGreene

Silver Knight of the Realm
Charm pets do most of the work (and also break frequently).
I was wondering if the lower resist checks on mobs would affect charm break checks. Do pets break more often with the higher level disparity between charmers and pets?

Arbitrary

Tranny Chaser
I was wondering if the lower resist checks on mobs would affect charm break checks. Do pets break more often with the higher level disparity between charmers and pets?

1653791797592.png

Higher level things are as resistant as they would be if they were the same level as you.

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>

Not really. I was timing charm breaks in Gunthak and getting the same amount of breaks on mobs 6-7 levels higher than me as I was on 2-3 levels below. Either that was some super weird RNG or there isn't too huge of a difference.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user