EQ TLP - Vaniki (Level-Locked Progression)

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

WorryPlaysGames

Blackwing Lair Raider
The only other OW guild getting kills besides us in WR was Dayraiders and they stopped when they started losing dps races to us and their people came over.

Resurgance does ow planes mini, yael and sky until others come then train and leave.

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
What are the limits of druid and shaman animal-charming?

My real question is...how do they fare charming cragbeasts in Vxed, circa 55 or 60?

yerm

Golden Baronet of the Realm
With vxed and the like, you have to be mindful of summons. So either double charm or find kill areas (eg pookah room) that don't summon, otherwise its summon and dead every break if you're killing stuff like stonemites.

Named in tipt and vxed are generally massive dps but not too bad for more hps, so you could ideally burn em down for their 100hp level loots. Beating tipt would probably be a massively big deal if you could do it at 50.

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
With vxed and the like, you have to be mindful of summons. So either double charm or find kill areas (eg pookah room) that don't summon, otherwise its summon and dead every break if you're killing stuff like stonemites.

Named in tipt and vxed are generally massive dps but not too bad for more hps, so you could ideally burn em down for their 100hp level loots. Beating tipt would probably be a massively big deal if you could do it at 50.

I'm thinking more just casual AA grinding in Vxed at either 55 or 60. Have access to a shaman I can box for charm-kiting...if it's particularly viable. Seems like druid would have a much easier time with it due to Ensnare, but if mobs summon it doesn't matter.

In other news...Vaniki at 40 ended up becoming the Ssra Temple Era cause that's like 90% of the raid uptime:

1655694542830.png

yerm

Pop tends to be stronger for aas unless you're really streamlined for the god stuff. If you can get to yxtta, though, you can do the primal caves and those are wildly amazing xp, to the point I'd assume your 2 root rotting beats charming.

Ecko

Trakanon Raider
What did you kill in SSRA? Also, have you noticed any change in the frequency of the mobs for emp key?

My guild managed Rumblecrush, insanity crawler and Evolved Burrower without any massive cheese which was a lot of fun, although cannot wait for 50 now.

Really not sure Tipt will be doable at 50, no doubt some people will prove me wrong! I'm going to try and get through a PoJ trial which would be great if possible at 50 (probably is but I'm not claiming I'm the best at the game, hah!)

Finally, anyone got any tips they'd share on taking on Gorenaire at 50 for the challenge? Most guilds I've been in on previous TLP's either kill her once or straight up ignore her as she's more trouble than she's worth. Can see her being rough at 50. Trakanon also could be rough, but I think the usual strat of pulling him to his banish spot, dodging his AoE and burning him is going to be the best option.

Not going to have many attempts at these in the 2 weeks we'll be at 50 however, which is kinda annoying in a way

yerm

Pull gore to the fv zoneline and you can use it to dodge aes, step away and heal, or just bind rush.

Ikkan

Molten Core Raider
What did you kill in SSRA? Also, have you noticed any change in the frequency of the mobs for emp key?

My guild managed Rumblecrush, insanity crawler and Evolved Burrower without any massive cheese which was a lot of fun, although cannot wait for 50 now.

Really not sure Tipt will be doable at 50, no doubt some people will prove me wrong! I'm going to try and get through a PoJ trial which would be great if possible at 50 (probably is but I'm not claiming I'm the best at the game, hah!)

Finally, anyone got any tips they'd share on taking on Gorenaire at 50 for the challenge? Most guilds I've been in on previous TLP's either kill her once or straight up ignore her as she's more trouble than she's worth. Can see her being rough at 50. Trakanon also could be rough, but I think the usual strat of pulling him to his banish spot, dodging his AoE and burning him is going to be the best option.

Not going to have many attempts at these in the 2 weeks we'll be at 50 however, which is kinda annoying in a way
Tipt should be possible with charm, just like how you used to have to do it on live.

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
I'm thinking more just casual AA grinding in Vxed at either 55 or 60. Have access to a shaman I can box for charm-kiting...if it's particularly viable. Seems like druid would have a much easier time with it due to Ensnare, but if mobs summon it doesn't matter.

In other news...Vaniki at 40 ended up becoming the Ssra Temple Era cause that's like 90% of the raid uptime:

View attachment 418104
How representative would you say these magelo profiles are of people on Vaniki?

I just searched for Bind Rush and these are the only two with profiles updated in the last week.

DickTrickle

Definitely NOT Furor Planedefiler

I just searched for Bind Rush and these are the only two with profiles updated in the last week.
Vicious is the guild leader so he's probably going to be the best geared

Ecko

Trakanon Raider
Pull gore to the fv zoneline and you can use it to dodge aes, step away and heal, or just bind rush.
Not sure this is viable in DZ. Could maybe zone out of instance via ZL and then back in via AoC (apologies if this is what you meant!)

Ecko

Trakanon Raider

My SK is about 3.6k HP/435 AC fully raid buffed at 40. I'll try and get a screenshot when i log in to raid tonight

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
My SK is about 3.6k HP/435 AC fully raid buffed at 40. I'll try and get a screenshot when i log in to raid tonight
cool. I'm more curious to see what people's gear comprise of than raw stats. I don't know the state of Magelo's EQ gear sniffer these days but it's gotta be a hassle to keep a magelo profile up to date on Vaniki.

DickTrickle

Definitely NOT Furor Planedefiler
cool. I'm more curious to see what people's gear comprise of than raw stats. I don't know the state of Magelo's EQ gear sniffer these days but it's gotta be a hassle to keep a magelo profile up to date on Vaniki.
They have an app and you can just hit one button and it updates fine.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Arbitrary

Tranny Chaser

If you're raiding than the Vicious profile is not inconsistent with a high play time person. That Necromancer is below average for even medium play time.

Arbitrary

Tranny Chaser
That's not the case. The fanciest stuff he's wearing came from the first Kael raids where you'd be rather foolish to pass out premium droppables to strangers.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>

Lemme see...Rhags, Blood, comms, generals, arbiters, taskmaster...I think that's all of them. No Emp yet and I don't think Cursed has been downed either.

I definitely have noticed a change in frequency. The comms/arbiters drop 2x the rings/insignias/whatever, but also seem much rarer than I remember them being on other servers. Especially comms. Keeping the whole floor clear with like 40 people and I think we got like one comm per hour, maybe less than that even.

Pretty tedious stuff. I got my VT key done a while ago and yet I have basically zero parts for the Emp key. Gonna hope that it drops tomorrow or I'm somewhat SOL, no pun intended.

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>

Pretty representative. Vicc is one of the most well-geared people on the server and still missing slots it looks like. The other guy is wearing a combination of Gloomingdeep and the Lavastorm/PoK quest gear, which is the same as what I've got. We're basically using a patchwork of whatever we can scrounge up.

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
Pretty representative. Vicc is one of the most well-geared people on the server and still missing slots it looks like. The other guy is wearing a combination of Gloomingdeep and the Lavastorm/PoK quest gear, which is the same as what I've got. We're basically using a patchwork of whatever we can scrounge up.
With 50 unlocking soon I have to imagine everyone is kinda looking past most of the gear and don't mind slumming it with gloomingdeep gear. Obviously critical focus items, weapons or special ability items (ex: Vicc's monk epic and fungi tunic) will have lasting value but most other stuff you could be farming will be wayyyy easier in a few days. If the level 40 cap was around for 2 months instead of 1 month, do you think the server would basically die or do you think folks would keep burning to flesh out their gear more?