EQ TLP - Vaniki (Level-Locked Progression)

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
Are poison dots still king in the early expacs of TLPs? for DPS race purposes that is.

Yes. SK can snipe Nec/Shm if Harm Touch is up. Other than that, it's only chanter and maybe wizard/mage that are any kind of threat to poison dotters. At least, in my experience. A good wizard who knows how to optimize casts, with Kunark+ spells, can probably hold their own.

Arbitrary

Tranny Chaser
The hard part about blood is keying to get up there. He's not immune to stun and you can kite all the adds.

DickTrickle

Definitely NOT Furor Planedefiler
The server would be so much better if they actually removed all level restrictions. I feel like there's going to be a point where it's not really worth it to push for the hardest stuff you can do because the gear will still have high level recs. Plus there's already issues with not being able to do armor quests like ornate because of level restrictions.

Daidraco

Golden Baronet of the Realm
The server would be so much better if they actually removed all level restrictions. I feel like there's going to be a point where it's not really worth it to push for the hardest stuff you can do because the gear will still have high level recs. Plus there's already issues with not being able to do armor quests like ornate because of level restrictions.
Wait, they didnt change that? I dont even get how thats going to work past a certain point.

xmod2

<Gold Donor>
I believe they changed required levels to recommended levels. So you can still use the gear, but it's not as powerful until you hit the level.

Arbitrary

Tranny Chaser
Yeah, all item requireds are recommended.

edit - item procs are lowered ten levels also.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

DickTrickle

Definitely NOT Furor Planedefiler
Yeah, I think it's shitty. If you can somehow obtain the item you should be able to get the full benefits on a server like this.

• 1Like

Pharone

Trakanon Raider
Ok.. I got tired of the wizard lol.

I made a monk named Mugh. Anybody willing to power level my lazy ass? I got a shinny krono for you.

Hit me up in game on Yelinak on Mugh. I got no gear and suck, so need help lol.

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
Level req should be abolished game wide. Level recommended should be dropped 10levels game wide. Level recommended should be abolished on vaniki.

Level rec / req is a pain in my dick every level increase expansion where i get bags of loot on my boxes that are upgrades that I can't use until I'm about done with the expansion. I hate level increase expansions partially because of that.

• 1Like

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
Couldn't play for a few days, anything interesting happen?

Also is it safe to say that the Vaniki ruleset would be impossible without the 64 bit change?

Re: Stuns... I think a bunch of guilds have figured out how OP stuns are on Vaniki, so the cat's out of the bag and non-BR guilds are getting a lot more boss kills.

Ok.. I got tired of the wizard lol.

I made a monk named Mugh. Anybody willing to power level my lazy ass? I got a shinny krono for you.

Hit me up in game on Yelinak on Mugh. I got no gear and suck, so need help lol.

How many levels for a krono? As an SK I could probably do effective flop-PLing. ...wait NM, just saw Yelinak, I'm not on there. Still curious about the level question though.

• 1Like

Pharone

Trakanon Raider
Couldn't play for a few days, anything interesting happen?

Also is it safe to say that the Vaniki ruleset would be impossible without the 64 bit change?

Re: Stuns... I think a bunch of guilds have figured out how OP stuns are on Vaniki, so the cat's out of the bag and non-BR guilds are getting a lot more boss kills.

How many levels for a krono? As an SK I could probably do effective flop-PLing. ...wait NM, just saw Yelinak, I'm not on there. Still curious about the level question though.
LoL I have no idea. I'm 10 now woohoo

Ecko

Trakanon Raider
TSS start LLP would be a fun experiment. Guess everyone would just do Heroic Journey though for the rewards, so might be a shit show ;p Plus with defiant drops, might not make sense to do a level lock, at least at 40/50 or so.

Went to Plane of Storms with a guildy to work on BoT Key, was tanking the giants which was a lot of fun, if a little dicey. Only need a sash now to get keyed on my main though, so that's nice. Wasn't sure it was going to work, my crappy cleric box still has a few empty slots, but made it work!

Am enjoying seeing what I can do without charm, which probably goes against the idea of the server, but is fun to me!

Guild just killed Trakanon too, which was tons of fun and got Gorenaire to 7% on a 'try it and see' kind of attempt, so she should die soon, so Kunark dragon achievement should be done, happy with that!

Kinda dreading 60 a bit, just with the sheer amount of content that will open up. I'm going to wish I was between jobs again so I could fully gorge myself ;p

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
TSS start LLP would be a fun experiment. Guess everyone would just do Heroic Journey though for the rewards, so might be a shit show ;p Plus with defiant drops, might not make sense to do a level lock, at least at 40/50 or so.

Went to Plane of Storms with a guildy to work on BoT Key, was tanking the giants which was a lot of fun, if a little dicey. Only need a sash now to get keyed on my main though, so that's nice. Wasn't sure it was going to work, my crappy cleric box still has a few empty slots, but made it work!

Am enjoying seeing what I can do without charm, which probably goes against the idea of the server, but is fun to me!

Guild just killed Trakanon too, which was tons of fun and got Gorenaire to 7% on a 'try it and see' kind of attempt, so she should die soon, so Kunark dragon achievement should be done, happy with that!

Kinda dreading 60 a bit, just with the sheer amount of content that will open up. I'm going to wish I was between jobs again so I could fully gorge myself ;p

People doing Hero's Journey at appropriate level (rather than the current paradigm of a few completionists doing it at like level 110+) would be really interesting. It's basically a "story mode" of EQ that has been 99.5% ignored.

• 1Like