EQ TLP ramblings

Lendarios

Trump's Staff
<Gold Donor>
I gotta say the TLP experience of EQ so far has been great.

I'm not into doing the same thing over and over again, such as classic, over and over, so this incremental TLP is really nice. And with MQ2 and boxes, it is really fun to play with a full group.

Right now this Covorterum flagging on underfoot is not bad at all. Underfoot is a great expansion so far.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Rease

Blackwing Lair Raider
I only played on new TLP servers that started in classic. The one your on started in Underfoot or am I completely misunderstanding?

Sterling

El Presidente
I only played on new TLP servers that started in classic. The one your on started in Underfoot or am I completely misunderstanding?
Would assume he just joined an existing one.

UF is a great expansion. It's really a shame how many people ditch TLPs after PoP. GoD and UF are amazing expansions and many others are also very good.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Lendarios

Trump's Staff
<Gold Donor>
I started on agnarr then moved to lockjaw then ragefire.

I quit live after Omens so this go around i have been experiencing all the expasions at a good pace. Three months for expansions gives you a good amount to do all that you want.

Denamian

Night Janitor
<Nazi Janitors>
Somebody tell me if this is some EQ EMU shit and I'll move this where it belongs.

• 1Worf

Ukerric

Bearded Ape
<Silver Donator>
I am out of the loop on all things EQ nowadays, so I have no idea what TLP is. I'll just toss this in the MMO section unless there's some reason it should be here.
TLP = Time-Locked Progression (aka the servers Daybreak start with expansion locked every year to get the nostalgia going and the krono flowing)

• 1Like

Denamian

Night Janitor
<Nazi Janitors>
Normally I would scold Lenindoritos for being a potato, but run of the mill janitorial work is a welcome change of pace.

• 1Like

Grizzlebeard

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I started on agnarr then moved to lockjaw then ragefire.

I quit live after Omens so this go around i have been experiencing all the expasions at a good pace. Three months for expansions gives you a good amount to do all that you want.

Lend, did you originally play on Drinal?

Nemesis

Bridgeburner
I remember your name. You must have known Madrone if you were in CT, he was a pretty sound guy.
yeah, I remember Madrone!
I left around the beginning of Luclin, just before the infamous CiH Ssra ogre wall
I think Crimson Twilight was rebranded Silent Tempest by then. fun times.

I had quit at the end of Velious, come back for Luclin and wasn't feeling all the changes.
Was drunk and PUG'ing for AA's at Velks kobolds one night and let a lower level character from a small guild play with my SOD.
Must have LD'd and passed out or something, as I woke up the next day and realized I had given away my SOD and didn't know who had it.
I don't remember if I ever checked the logs, but I don't think I ever came back, and haven't really played since... despite the intense... burning... spreading itch!

Xevy

Log Wizard
I've done it twice. Once I didn't know wtf was going on. The second time I did. Helped make krono (to fund my account, not my doritos addiction) and efficiently gear myself. By then I knew what worked where class wise. More enjoyable the second time probably, but the "oh yeah that!" factor from the first time was definitely cool. I'm almost 3 years into this TLP and honestly the new shit I never saw beyond LDoN as a casual, shit-geared warrior played by a 14 year old. Luckily I have pretty solid guild foundation of people I know fairly well and play other games with so that definitely helps through some of the more shitty times like Kunark or the coming 7 month lvl 70 stint.

• 1Like