Escape from Tarkov

Sludig

Silver Baronet of the Realm
Usually crafted my ledx until last wipe killed that. Just found one, first time doing new shoreline, went to car extract, in wide open is a standing luggage. Ledx in that.... now I need those found in raid graphics cards, 50+ towers later it feels like no dice.

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?
I think BSG probably does care, they just are entirely incompetent and not actually able to do anything about it.

Too much tech debt and client-side game code, too much brain drain with them being a russian studio and paying russian poverty wages, can't afford or not allowed to import external talent, etc.

Sludig

Ok, thought this was funny, SV98 and a TT wasn't ready for a close fight, just had grabbed this saiga off a scav i sniped and had swapped armor/rig and these 2 roll up w/ 15mins left. What's crazy afterwords, pretty shit gear. They had run to the hut and the tank initially and went quiet for like 45 secs, I found a scav bp w/ another one a rig, and more gear mostly shit they must have been rearranging or a buddies dont know. 2nd guy was salty but couldnt make him out.

gauze

Molten Core Raider
Isn't RIOT do something hardware-side in the motherboard BIOS to be able to play Valorant?
Does it work?
Yeah, kernel-level anti-cheat.. can't start the game w/o having to restart first, if it's not already running. Counter-Strike has something similar with a third-party organization called Faceit(ESEA is defunct in that regard, folded that into Faceit; but ESEA was the one using people's computers to mine BTC) that runs large tournaments and has been branching out to other games and has been working towards being an anti-cheat application for "competitive" games. I want to say CoD has also moved in that direction, but i'm not 100% on where it's at... but wherever it is, it's not entirely effective.

Two things though, everyone cries about the kernel-level anti-cheat. Waahwewaahhwoo, invasive ect... second, while it is effective, it still hasn't stopped it whole stop. It still bleeds through.. but it has a positive success rate. It's also gotta be noted that riot had a starting budget of 80mil towards just the anti-cheat development according to one of the developers.. most other games contract anti-cheat companies to take, what is presumed as, the majority workload in sifting out cheaters..

And on that note, Nikita has said, iirc.. that they don't want to pursue something like a kernel-level anti-cheat. Oh and from what I understand, there are actually cheats now that exist outside of your computer files through third-party devices, and other pc hardware disguised as pc hardware but actual cheats.. ontop of some cheats from what I understand, work through discord stream lol. The actual cheat market is fucking wild. Tarkov is unique, it just feels the most punishing because of time invested means gains, and what could be 3 hrs of work can be gone in 2 minutes.. otherwise, it's a pretty large industry issue across a lot of games.. lawsuits do go out in some cases.

Last edited:
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Jabberwhacky

Lord Nagafen Raider
So I made the oopsie of capping a Rogue in the head on Lighthouse and I'm not clear on when I get my USEC privelege back. The wiki says 3 raids but I was pretty sure I had done 3 (so long as deaths count? doesn't have to be successful extract?) and they still aggroed on me. I didn't shoot back but I did get my ass capped. If they aggro on you does it reset the 3 raids?

On a separate note, I had this brief encounter on Reserve. Heard a guy upstairs, walked up and we both blasted each other from like 3m, with me almost fully magdumping him. I was using the Sig 9x19 with AP6.3 ammo, sitting at 30 pen. He's got the lvl 4 armor (safe bet based on the rest of his gear that he wasn't sporting lvl 5 or 6 plates inside, but possible), but I'm just curious how this went down. I was really unlucky right? 30 pen is only above average at piercing 4, but based on his health, if one more bullet had pierced he woulda died? And how'd I manage to spread the damage without killing him? I might have clipped his leg once or twice but as you can see by the armor absorption I was just aiming center mass at a standing target directly in front of me.

Magdump.JPG

Xevy

Log Wizard
The hit count and ammo count means you actually hit 13 of the 25 bullets. So 13x52 = 676 damage but you've got a 4/6 pen rating on 4 armor so assume 66%ish total damage which gives 446 damage. Pretty close. The multiple hit count versus actual hits means you were limbing him because he was probably ADS and you shot for his chest/face and his arms ate a lot of the bullets and then miraculously stopped before zeroing his torso. The multihits fuck everything up because you fire once, hit three times, but really do like 100 total damage because you hit his arms twice for 52 each and armor once for 0. It's pretty fucking dumb.

With 420 damage though you can almost guarantee he died after the fight though unless he healed mid fight at some point, because I think you're at 440 total hp and I'm guessing he had some severe bleeding going on at that point.

The new armor system is definitely.... fucked? Overly complicated? Broken? I'm not sure. It's one of those systems they throw in without balance testing enough and then let people suffer through a wipe with it before it gets fine tuned. Kind of like Inertia or the new weight system. Remember two wipes ago when you were always overweight and barely regening stamina if you just had any sort of gear on at all. Like 19kg was the endurance limit? That shit was dumb as fuck and it took them ANOTHER wipe to push the limit to reasonable amounts while shrinking item weight. Hopefully next wipe the hit boxes will make more sense and we'll ACTUALLY understand what armor does 100% of the time.

gauze

Molten Core Raider
That feeling when you forget to restart Tarkov Shooter Part 8...

1705556542065.png

• 1Picard

gauze

Molten Core Raider
That feeling when you forget to restart Tarkov Shooter Part 8...
and just like that... its so much better than having to grind my dick into a corner hunting down every pmc in the woods; only to leave with 2 kills cus everyone is gone.
1705650747126.png

Sludig

Talk about Tarkoved. Get an unaware PMC right after I spawned as a mosin scav..... first mother fucking round and it's a misfire on my free headshot. Ends predictably

• 1Worf

Sludig

Friend gets brilliant idea to leg me on a scav run as we were sitting in extract as i figured out I didnt have the same as the rest of them. Lost a lot of stuff but nothing too crazy unable tor each extract legged.

Goes interchange as scav later as an apology tour trying to get me a Graphics card as I never find them. He finds one in oli, my first computer had one...... He comes to meet me at go cart and gets jumped by a player and dies. Close enough I'm nervous about just running to railway and getting shot behind or strafing into the person if they run out soon. I'm prone waiting to watch the situation play out and spot the fuck. Drop him with a slug shotgun from 100m almost, and he has a fucking buddy that shoots me in the dark.

This fucking game some days. (And this is after I've done at least 40-50 pc towers this week minimum)

Sludig

On the other hand, I am now up to 4 grenade kills in 48 hours that were pretty much blind hail marries, and I only carry one in most raids.

We were doing woods, idiot friend loads us customs accidentally, so go to take car we spawned next to. Some fire in our area etc, from front of dorms. 15 seconds left on car, I chuck a basic rgd 5 towards the front. We are loading out and I say, I need to see if I got a lucky kill since we'd been joking about my extreme grenade luck when I usually struggle w/ these kills.

lv 11-30 unknown bear.....

• 1Like

Sludig

Anyone w/ stability issues? 2 fucking hard blue screens. Friend is seeing random tracers kinda that aint there, I've gotten like full screen flashes but i can still see terrain.

Now I just lost a load of 45AP because while i'm upstairs in a customs building w/ 2 players below, I randomly crash while sitting still and of course I'm dead after I reload. (why they came up in an obviously done room dunno)

Fucking shit like this makes me want to quit more than cheaters.

Oh and 3mins left, random scav 1 shots me audibly to the lv 4 chest with 545ps.....

1706475895525.png

Last edited: