a c i d.f l y

ಠ_ಠ
<Silver Donator>
5.00 star(s) Rating: 5.00/5 6 Votes
Title: Event Horizon (1997)

Tagline: Infinite Space - Infinite Terror

Genre: Horror, Science Fiction, Mystery

Director: Paul W. S. Anderson

Cast: Laurence Fishburne, Sam Neill, Kathleen Quinlan, Noah Huntley, Jason Isaacs, Joely Richardson, Richard T. Jones, Jack Noseworthy, Sean Pertwee, Peter Marinker, Holley Chant, Barclay Wright, Robert Jezek, Teresa May, Emily Booth

Release: 1997-08-15

Runtime: 96

Plot: In 2047 a group of astronauts are sent to investigate and salvage the starship 'Event Horizon' which disappeared mysteriously 7 years before on its maiden voyage. With its return, the crew of the 'Lewis and Clark' discovers the real truth behind the disappearance of the 'Event Horizon' – and something even more terrifying.

a c i d.f l y

ಠ_ಠ
<Silver Donator>
My absolute favorite sci-fi horror film. Will finally have a 4K (*Edit: 4K scan, 1080p) release in January.

Last edited:
  • 9Like
  • 3Solidarity
  • 1Mother of God
Reactions: 12 users

Jozu

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
I just watched this.

The part where they watch the video of the Horizon crew fucking eachother then eating eachother was gnarly.

• 6Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 6 users

Arbitrary

Tranny Chaser
This is what happens when you enter The Warp without a psyker and without the benefit of the God Emperor's Astral Beacon. It's so clearly The Warp I find it distracting.

The movie is still a great piece of sci fi horror though. Would recommend to anyone who likes those things.

• 7Like
Reactions: 6 users

Armadon

<Bronze Donator>
This movie fucked me up for a few days when I saw it in the theater. Shit was awesome.

• 4Like
  • 2Solidarity
Reactions: 5 users

Janx

<Silver Donator>
Buddy had me watch this and In the Mouth of Madness. Fucking awesome combo of movies to watch back to back. Have since seen Event Horizon numerous times...and fuck this thread probably tonight also!

• 5Like
Reactions: 4 users

DirkDonkeyroot

Blackwing Lair Raider
Did they ever find ALL of the cut content for this film or is it still just the extras from the dvd release + the slaanesh rape, orgy and torture buffet from the ships log?

Jozu

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
The additional scenes that were cut in 97 have never been recovered.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Regime

LOADING, PLEASE WAIT...
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Did they ever find ALL of the cut content for this film or is it still just the extras from the dvd release + the slaanesh rape, orgy and torture buffet from the ships log?
No. In the commentary the director says they were lost and it sounds like on purpose. The studio didn’t like the project.

One of my all time favorites.

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

Scoresby

Trakanon Raider
One thing I always liked was the sound in this movie. I saw it twice in the theaters and the audio made this so much more intense.

The air raid siren in Silent Hill also did a good job.

• 4Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 4 users

LiquidDeath

Magnus Deadlift the Fucktiger
This movie, In The Mouth of Madness, The Thing, Dawn of the Dead, and The Crow were in near constant rotation for me and my friends in highschool and college. The are nearly endlessly researchable.

• 3Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 3 users

Chanur

Shit Posting Professional
<Gold Donor>
My absolute favorite sci-fi horror film. Will finally have a 4K release in January.

Where are you seeing a 4K release for this?

Fun note In the Mouth of Madness is part of John Carpenters Apocalypse Trilogy.

Furry

WoW Office
<Gold Donor>
Rewatched this not too long ago. A few of the scenes looked goofy now adays, but this movie actually held up a lot better than you might expect. It's not one of my top sci-fi movies, but it is only a small notch below the likes of aliens to me. If there's anyone here who hasn't watched it, definitely worth your time.

Arbitrary

Tranny Chaser
Where are you seeing a 4K release for this?

Fun note In the Mouth of Madness is part of John Carpenters Apocalypse Trilogy.

I don't like Prince of Darkness all that much (it's fine, it's just not something I'd seek out to rewatch more than I have) but goddamn if it doesn't have a couple really amazing scenes.

I do have a soft spot for Ghosts of Mars though.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Chanur

Shit Posting Professional
<Gold Donor>
Yeah the Thing and Mouth of Madness are my two favorite horrors of his . Prince is okay bit I don't love it like most of his other work.

Furry

WoW Office
<Gold Donor>
The thing is probably objectively my favorite horror movie of all time. It gets almost everything perfectly right.

• 5Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 5 users

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
4ijzjg.jpg

• 5Like
  • 5Worf
Reactions: 9 users

Slaanesh69

Millie's Staff Member
The first time I watched this I was home sick with a fever and this movie fucked me right up. Between the captain holding up his eyeballs to the flashing scenes of body horror when the fight at the core happens at the end, I actually covered my eyes while watching a movie for the first time in my life.

I will say that was the scaredest I was ever watching a movie. I blame the fever. But it was a while before I was able to watch it again.

• 2Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 2 users
Movie information in first post provided by The Movie Database