Evercraft Online - Minecraft meets Everquest

Palum

what Suineg set it to
Why not name it Inquisitor, sentinel, rune knight, battle mage etc.
Why not warwizard. Regular wizards are pussies and aren't made for war, they're basically just handyman services like lighting lamps or fixing plumbing leaks.

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
Did you just reinvent the film "Cube"

It would be a similar concept. But it would keep the dungeon fresh and exciting. Have like IDK every so often "divine energy floods the area +20% Mana +20% Health 10% mana/hp regen mobs offer more experience for the next hour, get out before the dungeon reforms! Teleport spells are disabled"

So if you're deep down in the Ghoul Lord room you need to bounce and fight your way out a bit.

Palum

what Suineg set it to
It would be a similar concept. But it would keep the dungeon fresh and exciting. Have like IDK every so often "divine energy floods the area +20% Mana +20% Health 10% mana/hp regen mobs offer more experience for the next hour, get out before the dungeon reforms! Teleport spells are disabled"

So if you're deep down in the Ghoul Lord room you need to bounce and fight your way out a bit.
This just sounds like M+ with extra steps

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Palum

what Suineg set it to
EnigmaFactory EnigmaFactory

I'd be willing to donate some time as well. I work mostly on enterprise systems architecture but end up spending a lot of time with UI/UX.

• 1Like

GuardianX

Perpetually Pessimistic
<Bronze Donator>
Easily one of the funnest games i've played in a while. My kid was playing a rogue and dear god I gotta work on that kids WASD movement.

Can't wait to theorycraft and explore more of it.

I really REALLY hope night stays night though LOL and dungeons without light stay dark too. One of the best aspects to it was the mystery of going over a hill and what you would find as well as getting somewhere before night hit so you could have some sense of location before it went pitch-black.

I'll be playing this game blind til I hit end game. No sites, no spoilers, likely even turning off global and just playing at a pace that my family can walk to.

100% watching for this in the future.

• 6Like
Reactions: 5 users

Flake

Golden Knight of the Realm
Looking forward to the next test. Streamed it a bit, got some friends involved. Good times.

• 1Like

Kharzette

Watcher of Overs
Oops, I realized when I said ECO earlier, people probably thought it meant EverCraftOnline, but I was talking about a game called eco that mixes blocks and polys:
20230609081300_1.jpg
20230728215825_1.jpg

Rael

Golden Knight of the Realm
Game looked good in the M&M guys stream. Having a Minecraft-esque blocky world without the actual block building/destruction mechanics seems a wasted opportunity at best, however.

Zaide

TLP Idealist
This has been really really enjoyable. The main human city takes me right back to Qeynos.

• 5Like
Reactions: 4 users

GuardianX

Perpetually Pessimistic
<Bronze Donator>
Had my eldest playing as a beastlord and he was having a blast playing through the quests and finally getting to choose his path of the type of pet he wanted.

I was playing as an Ogre Shaman, the Ogre starting area was impressive and the amount of space that is in the game makes the world feel MASSIVE.

I know I say it in Discord but I'm always super impressed in this game.

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
Why not warwizard. Regular wizards are pussies and aren't made for war, they're basically just handyman services like lighting lamps or fixing plumbing leaks.

Is Warwizard some kind of Warrior/Wizard/Mage hybrid? That's the only hybrid missing from original EQ and I've theorycrafted it out in my head before. To differentiate it from Ranger I'd let it keep self-only ports and maybe Mage pets for half its level like SK. Would really like to play an EQ server with a class like this (or maybe the devs can eventually make one).

Anyway never played Minecraft, but I really like this project and it looks awesome. Gonna try to catch the next test.

• 1Like

EnigmaFactory

Bronze Knight of the Realm
I hope you will all forgive me my shameless self promotion and cordial invitation -

EverCraft Online Community Alpha Test Announcement - April 19th Weekend

Embark on an Unforgettable Adventure in Adrullan!

We are thrilled to announce the upcoming Community Alpha Test for EverCraft Online, an original MMORPG project that combines the essence of adventure found in classic MMOs with modern sensibilities. Join us for an immersive weekend of exploration, danger, and camaraderie in the vast, seamless voxel world of Adrullan.

Event Details:
  • Date: Friday, April 19th, 2024
  • Server Time: 1pm ET / 5pm UTC
  • Duration: Full weekend event

What is EverCraft Online?
EverCraft Online is a passion project that aims to recapture the magic of early MMORPGs while introducing modern refinements. Set in a massive, voxel-based world, EverCraft Online emphasizes social interaction, strategic gameplay, and immersive exploration.

Key Features:
  • Vast, seamless voxel world with distinct starting cities and meaningful travel
  • 12 unique races and 16 diverse classes (more details below)
  • Skill Milestones system for incremental character progression
  • Immersive gameplay with quality-of-life improvements
  • Social focus with an emphasis on grouping and cooperation
  • Extensive collection, gathering, and crafting systems
  • Rules based resources spawning
  • Compelling non-combat activities and gameplay

Please note that the features listed above represent our vision for EverCraft Online, and some may be in various stages of development during the Community Alpha Test.

For New Players:
If you're new to EverCraft Online, here's what you can expect in the current build:

• Choose from a subset of the 12 races and 16 classes:
    • Start as a Human in Leont or Greenwood Cover
      (or as one of several Elf Races who are treated as humans for the purposes of the test)
    • Start as an Ogre in Osgul
  • Immerse yourself in the rich lore and cultures of Adrullan
  • Engage in strategic combat, social interaction, and immersive exploration
  • Discover the joy of collection, gathering, and crafting
  • Experience the thrill of unlocking new skills and abilities through the Skill Milestones system

We are continuously expanding the available starting cities, class abilities, and regions, so stay tuned for future updates!

For Returning Players:
If you participated in our previous Community Tests, here's what's new:

• The realm of Osgul, home of the Ogres, is now open for exploration
  • New class options for Humans: Rangers and Beastlords
  • Initiation of the crafting system
  • Chat bubbles for enhanced NPC and player interactions
  • Floating combat text for real-time feedback during battles
  • Single Scene System and memory management optimizations
  • New patcher and code signing for a smoother experience

We've come a long way since our team first assembled three years ago, and your enthusiasm and support have been instrumental in shaping the world of Adrullan. We can't wait to share this incredible experience with you.

Please note that as a pre-alpha project with limited resources, there may be occasional hiccups or even early termination. Our team will be working diligently to ensure the smoothest possible experience, but we appreciate your understanding and patience in advance.

Join the Community:
Adrullan is best enjoyed with friends, so invite your fellow adventurers to join us! Visit our Discord server at Join the EverCraft Online Discord Server! to connect with the EverCraft Online community, access additional information, and stay updated on the latest developments.

Thank you for being a part of this extraordinary journey. Your passion and dedication are what make the EverCraft Online community truly special.

See you in Adrullan on April 19th!

The EverCraft Online Team

• 3Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 3 users

GuardianX

Perpetually Pessimistic
<Bronze Donator>
If yall are out of the loop on trying this or MnM. Get on their site and make an account to play next week (April 19th).

They added Ogres in a frosty zone and have been working hard the last few weeks pumping out new content for all the classes.

Level cap is 15, there are a good amount of dungeons to be explored...honestly feels more like EQ of old then EQ does NOW.

• 1Like