Everquest - Agnarr Server: Sunset Mode

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!
Man, that fungi tunic kind of sucks in the context of today's TLP servers. I remember when they went for 100k or so back in the day. I wouldn't even pay 500 plat for that thing now.

Zaide

TLP Idealist
On that server(phinigel) or, this server? Bc if he was buffed up on phinigel, then that brings even more shame to agnarr efforts....

I was there on phinigel. Grizvok and korrupt leading us to victory within a minimal few hours of server up....All at 51 spanking trakanon like the poison bitch he is

Edit maybe I'm misinterpreting your msg. You're saying trak was buffed up after phinigel launch? Forgive me

Trakanon now has the presence of the mighty which was added several weeks after Kunark launch on Phinigel. It means all resists are reduced by 40, and his AE/Procs/Spells do 25% more damage. That means he lifetaps for over 1800 damage on procs now, and his AE dot opens with a 1500 damage hit.

The /rewind trick which was used to bring tanks back to Trak w/o CoTH has been nerfed since Phinigel.

Trakanon's out of combat regen was fixed about 4-5 days after the server first Trakanon kill on Phinigel.

I don't think he's impossible, but the risk of wiping and wasting everyones time was certainly real. We lose very little by grinding out to 55 or so first.

Last edited:
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Korrupt

Blackwing Lair Raider
Damn Trak didnt die =/ You guys don't need /rewind, you can completely negate that portion of the fight easily. I'm surprised my little children didn't tell everyone the things you can do, someone sure as hell told our competition on release night on our server.

Open world Trak had motm on Phinigel, we didnt do the instance version release night.

• 1Solidarity

Atabishi

Lord Nagafen Raider
Guys...guys....don't make shit harder than it needs to be. Although I no longer play EQ it saddens me hearing that 72 people can't down trakanon considering he is 1 groupable at lvl 60.

You pull him down to the shroom cove, to the exact spot that he banishes you. Therefore every time your tank gets banished, it does nothing. Only your main tank will get hit by AE's there so you only have to heal 1 person. The dodge corner and getting under trak's belly is like 3 steps away so you are able to get a lot of DPS in before each AE rotation. If you are doing this in open world, then you need a couple enchanters to be in the parameter mezzing any fungi scum that spawn that will CH him. If it's instance, well then you just clear everything before pulling.

Shit is not hard. I used to duo trakanon with another boxer with almost completely naked boxes using this strat, and yes he had motm.

If your monks are unable to pull him down to the banish spot, well then they suck, cause i used my necro and never had issues.

• 1Picard

Korrupt

Blackwing Lair Raider
Guys...guys....don't make shit harder than it needs to be. Although I no longer play EQ it saddens me hearing that 72 people can't down trakanon considering he is 1 groupable at lvl 60.

You pull him down to the shroom cove, to the exact spot that he banishes you. Therefore every time your tank gets banished, it does nothing. Only your main tank will get hit by AE's there so you only have to heal 1 person. The dodge corner and getting under trak's belly is like 3 steps away so you are able to get a lot of DPS in before each AE rotation. If you are doing this in open world, then you need a couple enchanters to be in the parameter mezzing any fungi scum that spawn that will CH him. If it's instance, well then you just clear everything before pulling.

Shit is not hard. I used to duo trakanon with another boxer with almost completely naked boxes using this strat, and yes he had motm.

If your monks are unable to pull him down to the banish spot, well then they suck, cause i used my necro and never had issues.

That way you guys would do him is one of the ways I was thinking about. We had to use that method on test because 2 of our tanks were retards and not using /rewind properly. Initially in instances he didn't have MoTM, which scared the shit out of us when you guys split him right away. Luckily we hadn't burnt our lockout and we didn't fall behind on Trak teeth for the VP key.

Kunark was fun yesterday. I still can't believe how many picks there was in Seb. It was insane.

My group was in pick 18, and we got to the king room with him up on first pull. He dropped the pre-nerfed fungus staff which was sweet.

Atabishi

Lord Nagafen Raider
That way you guys would do him is one of the ways I was thinking about. We had to use that method on test because 2 of our tanks were retards and not using /rewind properly. Initially in instances he didn't have MoTM, which scared the shit out of us when you guys split him right away. Luckily we hadn't burnt our lockout and we didn't fall behind on Trak teeth for the VP key.

I wasn't in OGC in kunark and have never done trak with OGC so I don't know what strat they did. I just know that this strat is the easiest that I've found and I thought was pretty common knowledge, at least among all the people who would box him down. I used to do it with a friend and we would run 1 warrior, 1 monk, 1 necro, 5 clerics, 3 enchanters (all with charm pets), 2 bards, 1 shaman. Once velious hit we were able to do him in open world sometimes and I would keep all respawning fungi mezzed on my enchanter by myself, while still dps'ing/dodging on my dps boxes and curing on my shaman, so I'm sure a raid of 72 would have no problem. This was still during the time that my friend and I only had some gear on our mains and all our boxes were essentially naked or wearing classic gear.

Korrupt

Blackwing Lair Raider
I wasn't in OGC in kunark and have never done trak with OGC so I don't know what strat they did. I just know that this strat is the easiest that I've found and I thought was pretty common knowledge, at least among all the people who would box him down. I used to do it with a friend and we would run 1 warrior, 1 monk, 1 necro, 5 clerics, 3 enchanters (all with charm pets), 2 bards, 1 shaman. Once velious hit we were able to do him in open world sometimes and I would keep all respawning fungi mezzed on my enchanter by myself, while still dps'ing/dodging on my dps boxes and curing on my shaman, so I'm sure a raid of 72 would have no problem. This was still during the time that my friend and I only had some gear on our mains and all our boxes were essentially naked or wearing classic gear.

Ahh just a coincidence then, that's how OGC did it and a lot of smaller guilds used that method too. Thinking about it now that also negates the blind which we had some retard tanks have an issue with. They seriously got so nervous they would forget to open their maps when blind and one even ran him across the lair lol.

I was never a fan of charm pets, I didn't have any enc use a single one because I was afraid one of them would die and then we'd have pets loose raping healers. For me Trakanon was 95% about preparation and setup, we had to negate a lot of autism inside of our own guild doing certain things.

Zog

Blackwing Lair Raider
Liquidated all my shit to Krono about a month ago, might resub here soon but I'm sure all the kunark gear is retarded in price so might wait a bit.

Not really looking forward to spending a week at Juggs either (maybe less with the XP here) depending on playtime.

Prolly hit 60 and liquidate everything til velious where the cycle repeats until my enchanter is useless besides a kei bot in pop.

Atabishi

Lord Nagafen Raider
Ahh just a coincidence then, that's how OGC did it and a lot of smaller guilds used that method too. Thinking about it now that also negates the blind which we had some retard tanks have an issue with. They seriously got so nervous they would forget to open their maps when blind and one even ran him across the lair lol.

I was never a fan of charm pets, I didn't have any enc use a single one because I was afraid one of them would die and then we'd have pets loose raping healers. For me Trakanon was 95% about preparation and setup, we had to negate a lot of autism inside of our own guild doing certain things.

Well when you are doing it with minimal numbers you are at a higher risk of failure if you don't use charm pets, especially on trak considering seb has the broken/bugged charm pets that do ridiculous amounts of dmg which is your main source of dmg. If we did it in instance we just kept all 3 enchanters at the edge of the wall just out of AE range, but right next to the charm pets. If one broke we would just aoe stun and recharm. In open world we would only use 2 charm pets because one enchanter had to be dedicated to mezzing respawns. One cleric and the shaman would keep the charm pets alive. With tash/malo the charm pets should last full duration anyway. You can even use the bard to do a resist debuff before charm to guarantee that it lasts full duration.

Despite popular belief, from all testing I've done, the charm duration is calculated upon the initial charm and not recalculated every 6 seconds like most people think. Using a bard to do resist debuff right before charm will make the charm last full duration 99% of the time even on necro charm.

Sloshed

Lord Nagafen Raider
Someone hook me up with some plat to get started and I'll give you your hearts desire of gear on P99.

Breakdown

Gunnar Durden
Got shit hammered on vodka and leveled to....5

It certainly scratched the itch. Cant wait to actually make some progress and play the game.

Rocking a full set of Curscaled Armor like a champion.

Zaide

TLP Idealist
Damn Trak didnt die =/ You guys don't need /rewind, you can completely negate that portion of the fight easily. I'm surprised my little children didn't tell everyone the things you can do, someone sure as hell told our competition on release night on our server.

Open world Trak had motm on Phinigel, we didnt do the instance version release night.

Trak died. We tanked him at the banish spot. I know Phinigel (and LJ/RF) had MoTM. They didn't have PoTM at launch though.

Korrupt

Blackwing Lair Raider
Trak died. We tanked him at the banish spot. I know Phinigel (and LJ/RF) had MoTM. They didn't have PoTM at launch though.

Grats Faceless!

You're right about the instanced version on Phinny though he had no mitigation or anything at all. Only the open world version even had MoTM. Once we saw guilds 3+ splitting the first week we knew something was wrong and went and did the same.

Sterling

El Presidente
Liquidated all my shit to Krono about a month ago, might resub here soon but I'm sure all the kunark gear is retarded in price so might wait a bit.

Not really looking forward to spending a week at Juggs either (maybe less with the XP here) depending on playtime.

Prolly hit 60 and liquidate everything til velious where the cycle repeats until my enchanter is useless besides a kei bot in pop.
Except that in PoP and GoD charm pets are ridiculous. It's not till Omens where that takes a big nosedive,

Secrets

ResetEra Staff Member
The RMT crates from EQ2 have made their way to EQ1.

0dc475fcd2.jpg

There's stuff like this dropping out of them:

d38d7599e9.jpg

Also there's a 750 DBC illusion wand that gives 6hr levitate: Forest Fairy Polymorph Wand

dd0ef1ee39.jpg

your_mum

Trakanon Raider
i saw someones post about pre nerf fungi staff dropping... doesn't pre nerf guise exist too? does manastone? do these items ever get removed from dropping?