Everquest - Agnarr Server: Sunset Mode

Cinge

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Honestly not even sure why inzane is in guild, He barely raids(6% raid attendence). Just seems to spend all his time PLing characters. I think it's his actual job. Maybe he's friends with someone and should just be put to friends and family dunno. I know multiple people in guild have paid him $ to level characters for them. He's got a friend that joins him now too "Mommy". Wouldn't shock me he trains people out, considering its costing him actual money, so he is going to do everything he can to move people out. Just capture him training and he will get suspended(like keg did for training).

• 1Worf
Reactions: 1 user

Cupcaek

Molten Core Raider
So won a fungi staff this morning. As a cleric not a huge use for it. Should I sell it now while prices are decently high? 3-4 krono or will they stay near that price for awhile.

Crone

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
So won a fungi staff this morning. As a cleric not a huge use for it. Should I sell it now while prices are decently high? 3-4 krono or will they stay near that price for awhile.
Sell now baby cakes!

• 1Like

Penalty

Lord Nagafen Raider
Yea even if I could use the fungi items I'd sell them now. Prices going down.

• 1Like

Muligan

Trakanon Raider
I rerolled a bard and i'm at 27 right now. (Got my SK to 44 before I felt like it wasn't my thing for now) but anytime you see me with Xolar on, he's PL'ing me up. I'm parked at Sol A and he's more than happy to share some PL services and/or buffs.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

alavaz

Trakanon Raider
The pre nerf staff + tunic is always worth having for alts. Can pretty much non stop solo until like 30ish on most melee with those items.

Endymion

Trakanon Raider
And to be fair, that 'shit box emu' has better anticheat programmers than Daybreak does. Should've hired myself or EQMule, they only had 3 opportunities to get either of us working for them!

(Knowing what I do now, I doubt I would've enjoyed working for SOE given that they laid of the person they chose instead of me after he relocated from Seattle 1 year after being hired.)
FWIW, they paid for me to relocate so I can't complain (and I'm still down here in San Diego with no intentions of leaving). Also, it was more like a year and a half before the big axe swing; you're a far stronger programmer than I am so your chances of surviving might've been higher, then again the other programmer who got laid off was responsible for the graphical improvements in Altar of Malice so who really knows how good your odds are when 50 percent of the company is getting laid off. :)

Sorry for the late response and thread interruption, haven't caught up on the forums in a while.

• 2Like

Secrets

ResetEra Staff Member
FWIW, they paid for me to relocate so I can't complain (and I'm still down here in San Diego with no intentions of leaving). Also, it was more like a year and a half before the big axe swing; you're a far stronger programmer than I am so your chances of surviving might've been higher, then again the other programmer who got laid off was responsible for the graphical improvements in Altar of Malice so who really knows how good your odds are when 50 percent of the company is getting laid off. :)

Sorry for the late response and thread interruption, haven't caught up on the forums in a while.

Glad to see you landed on your feet at least, and good to see you around.

They laid off the guy that did Altar of Malice graphical improvements? That's nuts... he also did their anti-spam code, didn't he?

Flaw

Molten Core Raider
Hmmm...

Fair warning to all:
Seb king halls are beyond fucked for pathing. Totally unlike phinigel. How the fuck has something changed from one server to the next?? You pull one mob from tunnels and receive a train of 8+. Hell, even the mobs from King spawn area path weird as fuck when they come down....

Please tell me pathing isn't fucked up in Juggs and chardok too??

Penalty

Lord Nagafen Raider
Havent noticed any pathing fuckery at juggs.

Anyone know how long prenerf fung staff will drop here?

Endymion

Trakanon Raider
Glad to see you landed on your feet at least, and good to see you around.

They laid off the guy that did Altar of Malice graphical improvements? That's nuts... he also did their anti-spam code, didn't he?
No, Nandy (Zoltaroth) did the anti-spam code; he was the lead on EQ2 when I started there but eventually moved over to Next/Landmark. Shortly after the layoffs in 2015 he left to go work at Amazon Fresh.

Last edited:

Vanessa

Uncle Tanya
<Banned>
What's sad but funny is that, back during opening day on that Wednesday in May, I:

1) took off work that Thursday and Friday
2) had a Monday holiday
3) played like a psycho with minimal sleep at launch
4) had a pretty fun grind group and was maybe the 7th-ish cle to 50 on server
5) got to raid with Faceless; was feeling the old magic seeping in

...then I returned to work Tuesday and lost my job after 9 years. Was devastated; couldn't muster the mental happiness to login to play a game when my real life future was a mess and I was crying almost daily.

I really, really wanted to go ham on this server. I didn't post anything on FE guild board or discord about what I was going through because, honestly, I was one person in a guild of 150 at the time. Not missed, expendable, and that's fine. I know my time to rejoin/reapp has come and gone, and frankly, I don't think at 39 I have the... I don't know how to describe it. It's not drive, or stamina, or lack of a life... it's something I think that's missing now when I managed okay back 15 years ago. The desire is there, I'm just old I guess. ...and that's okay. Would have been a really cool thing to do Kunark rush upon release (I got first copy of EQ when Kunark was already out for a few months, so...).

To Zaide and company; was veeeery brief but it was memorable. Sorry I couldn't hang with the best !~

• 1Like

Zaide

TLP Idealist
What's sad but funny is that, back during opening day on that Wednesday in May, I:

2) had a Monday holiday

...then I returned to work Tuesday and lost my job after 9 years. Was devastated; couldn't muster the mental happiness to login to play a game when my real life future was a mess and I was crying almost daily.

I really, really wanted to go ham on this server. I didn't post anything on FE guild board or discord about what I was going through because, honestly, I was one person in a guild of 150 at the time. Not missed, expendable, and that's fine. I know my time to rejoin/reapp has come and gone, and frankly, I don't think at 39 I have the... I don't know how to describe it. It's not drive, or stamina, or lack of a life... it's something I think that's missing now when I managed okay back 15 years ago. The desire is there, I'm just old I guess. ...and that's okay. Would have been a really cool thing to do Kunark rush upon release (I got first copy of EQ when Kunark was already out for a few months, so...).

To Zaide and company; was veeeery brief but it was memorable. Sorry I couldn't hang with the best !~

Sorry to hear things went south for you. I hope all is well and you're always welcome back w/ us.

• 1Solidarity

2) had a Monday holiday

Go find something meaningful to do instead of lamenting the fact that you can't dedicate all your time to a video game

• 1Solidarity
  • 1Salty

a_skeleton_02

<Banned>

2) had a Monday holiday

Seek Help.

• 2Worf