Everquest - Agnarr Server: Sunset Mode

lost

<Bronze Donator>
Ya thats what I've said, you cant MQ the HS key so if they did no drop prods it would be easy fix.

Louis

Trakanon Raider
Only problem is they have no reason to change this as it's an easy way into forcing the population to drop krono on it. Lego currently offering mass quantity deals on the prods. Monopolization at it's finest.

Wynn

Golden Knight of the Realm
Yeah, I really do think the only thing that truly bothers me about the VP/HS key is the krono aspect of it. I'm fine with the annoying game design aspects, I mean if we all wanted to play a "well-designed" modern MMO there's a fuck ton of options available to us, there's some level of desire to experience quasi-old school EQ when you sign up to play a TLP. I think the root problem with both keys is just that krono, of all the similar "token" systems out there in MMOs, is by far the worst-designed and most prone to cause toxic behavior. There's a lot of ways to allow "sanctioned" RMT like WoW or most other modern MMOs do without creating the toxicity of the krono system, and it can actually be done in a way that the game developer gets more of the actual "cut" of profit (a lot of krono market is totally off books, sure Daybreak gets the original krono purchase but when a lot of kronos are never consumed for game time and are traded on a secondary market for <$18 there's economic activity Daybreak isn't directly benefiting from); so I think the literal only reason we have what we have right now is pure incompetent game design.

I don't think there's any grand scheme to make themselves more money, the way they are doing it is actually less profitable than just copying the WoW Token scheme.

You could argue that without krono working like they do, people could still trade USD on Redguides or etc for key pieces, or platinum--and that's true, but I do think those would be much smaller problems than what we have now. It's not even that speculative, you have that shit going on with the MMOs that have a more locked down token and it's way less ridiculous than the krono-lord inspired behaviors in EQ.

lost

<Bronze Donator>
Ya on fippy and sleeper we didnt have krono in the beginning, I dont think RMT was nearly as bad but sure people still sold accounts and platinum but it wasn't so easy to do, you had to have them find you on the website, now you just have to obtain the krono and then find a buyer for the krono which is a lot easier.

But damn doing the math, if it's an averaged 1.5hour respawn, and there's 16 spawns a day, with most of them dropping one prod, sometimes none or two prods, but assume 16 prods a day at 3 kr each at current rates you'd make $528/day logging in for I think the window is 10-15 minutes, every other hour?

Of course the bulk of the work is auctioning the prods, making alts to store the prods and then selling the krono so it is more time consuming on that end. But to the people around this thread that say people dont make serious money kronoquesting, this is a good example of it and you dont even need MQ2.

The reality is though that its hard to unload 16 prods a day, and each couple days or maybe week the price is going down, so profit fluctuates, but you also have the days where you get a pick in ill omen and its not hard to dominate two spawns so you could make a lot more some days.

Louis

Trakanon Raider
So far I've only witnessed the price go up the more theyve been able to lock the spawn down. But it will eventually stagnate then drop the closer to velious we get. Lego was auctioning them off for 6krono earlier (lol) I offered three and he was quick to take that.

Wynn

Golden Knight of the Realm
I don't like to devote too much energy to thinking about it but I do wonder sometimes why Daybreak has the weird behaviors it does. Like they regularly send a GM to watch Chancellor in LOIO, so like that's a paid employee spending time==$ watching the spawn. You see people crying on the forums all day about dudes who are attacking simultaneously with like 6 mages w/fire pets up and they aren't really doing anything about it. They ignore TheKing AFK farming BAMs for like 1.5 months (then randomly ban him and all his accounts--after letting him get away w/that shit for like 8 years.) Like the reality is based on their stated rules the big box crews are almost always doing things that are against the rules they've laid on TrueBox. This isn't LJ/RF where you could just legitimatley use isboxer or even MQ2 and not be breaking the rules they've laid out.

At the same time, these dudes who obsessively farm krono for like 24 hours a day like the Di'Zok farmer or Mommy/Daddy I mean they're clearly RMTers. Zane doesn't even hide the direct link between his forum account on Redguides, the plat/PL he sells for real $, and his in game characters. If they're willing to waste a paid employees time to go watch Chancellor spawn for a few hours and do nothing why not take the 2 minutes it takes to ban all of Zane's accounts, and etc? I know a lot of legitimate players who like to make goodly amounts of krono, but I don't know very many non-RMTers who will invest 80 hours a week into krono farming, there's a big difference between the dudes who are just good at legitimate boxing and making krono and the dudes who are running a business. Like you nuke Mommy/Zane's account and there's thousands and thousands of krono that were bought but will never be redeemed (aka free money to daybreak), and krono that will never be sold for $11 on redguides. It takes 2 minutes and you've increased the demand for the $18 krono among the crowd that is willing to buy them.

The fact that they don't and what their motivations are for spending time on frivolous shit like banning someone over their in game surname who is a legitimate player is really weird to me and I'd love to hear an actual logical business reason for it. By and large the big krono farmers just don't affect me at all because of how I play the game, but it seems like it's just silly obvious they violate Daybreak's stated rules, would take no time to ban and would actually make Daybreak $ by doing so.

Penalty

Lord Nagafen Raider
Probably took a page from the p99 guide book and are getting in on the action in some capacity.

Ya on fippy and sleeper we didnt have krono in the beginning, I dont think RMT was nearly as bad but sure people still sold accounts and platinum but it wasn't so easy to do, you had to have them find you on the website, now you just have to obtain the krono and then find a buyer for the krono which is a lot easier.

But damn doing the math, if it's an averaged 1.5hour respawn, and there's 16 spawns a day, with most of them dropping one prod, sometimes none or two prods, but assume 16 prods a day at 3 kr each at current rates you'd make $528/day logging in for I think the window is 10-15 minutes, every other hour?

Of course the bulk of the work is auctioning the prods, making alts to store the prods and then selling the krono so it is more time consuming on that end. But to the people around this thread that say people dont make serious money kronoquesting, this is a good example of it and you dont even need MQ2.

The reality is though that its hard to unload 16 prods a day, and each couple days or maybe week the price is going down, so profit fluctuates, but you also have the days where you get a pick in ill omen and its not hard to dominate two spawns so you could make a lot more some days.

500 bucks a month maybe

• 1Salty
Reactions: 1 user

Xevy

Log Wizard
Finally got in VP after weeks of VP key fuckassery. PD dropped 2 healing capes and the robe. Pretty sweet.

• 2Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 2 users

Punko

Macho Ma'am
<Rickshaw Potatoes>
its hilarious how shit the RMT rates in EQ are

D3 on season launch is still pretty good money I am guessing, and you can use a bot to play 4 chars in sync to get set up. Carrying a fresh level 70 through a grift 75ish will get them up to paragonn 300.

If I didn't bot I'd pay some guy 20$ so I could get those first 300 paragonns without the grind. 1-70 is boring and the low para lvls aren't fun to me either.

• 1Picard

lost

<Bronze Donator>
I used to bot D3 but after they closed the RMT auction house didnt seem worth it. Was always great getting like a 200-400$ mempo or w/e.

Also showed a few of my classmates how to bot D3, was a real eye opener for them. You know those people that have no idea about RMT how to sell or even buy stuff outside of the RMT auction house.

This one guy sitting next to me in class was buying currency through the AH until I showed up the black market sites for half the cost and he was like WHOA. I guess not everyone looks for the best deals.

And $500 bucks a month yeah right.
attachment.php

Flaw

Molten Core Raider
But dw tunic and legs are just click bullshaz!! He will basically never use them for any real gain. Don't lock him out of loots and hate on him forever just bc he got some worthless toys!!

This is why faithful paladins quit

20% extra healing to supp heal. Yay woot. Less than 100 extra healing to direct heal spells. Nice
Game changer. Awesome.

Add in one box character and you negate any benefit that cloak could bring to the group/raid

Last edited:

Xevy

Log Wizard
He's not locked out forever, but for 6 weeks til Velious the Shrouds being on shaman and clerics are going to benefit us more than on a paladin. In one or two more drops he'll be allowed to bid.

Hui

Bronze Knight of the Realm
What did it go for? I couldn't manage to get outta bed when phone went off. Wife had me trapped in death snuggle.
Reading that sounds unreal. I can't imagine getting a text telling me to login in the middle of the night. Probably would have done it back in the day though .

• 1Solidarity

Cupcaek

Molten Core Raider
Reading that sounds unreal. I can't imagine getting a text telling me to login in the middle of the night. Probably would have done it back in the day though .
It was only like 1am Est so still early pst and god knows what time for the euros/asians

I have my bat phone set to silent between 2-6am cause I'll be grumpy if I don't get that sleep.