Everquest - Agnarr Server: Sunset Mode

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

Cinge

Vyemm Raider
I've got no bans and I sell krono and have krono fueled only. Seems account sharing maybe or changing account details. I stay the fuk away from CC's too. None of my accounts have been forced to 2 step except my first necro group that I let go inactive and made a new group.

Am curious what it is though but I mean for real they showed in classic that account buying/selling was a NO NO, and yet people continued to do it and if this is why they're getting banned shame on them. They'll ban the buyers and their previous accounts prior to buying I would guess, as they did in classic and prior to agnarr launch.

But hey velious is almost here, makes sense they're gonna ban some people. I'm also curious if any of those people bought powerleveling and let the guys log them in, got hit.

I am sure you will be happy to know inzane got hit, on ALL his accounts(he said like 78 of them).

• 3Worf
Reactions: 2 users

lost

<Bronze Donator>
I mean I feel bad for him but as people pointed out here on this forum, where many many people lurk, some listed his redguides username.. it was obvious as they said it would be. His post for powerleveling had a picture of his computer setup, and on the agnarr flames reddit post about him someone posted the same photo of his setup saying it was him, I think his setup was also posted in this thread as well. It was easy to figure who he was and I'm sure he also sold plat/items/characters for money, which would be in his post history.

And someone that openly trains people in sebilis since phinigel, and logs peoples accounts in, it was a matter of time. So yeah he was the guy with 22 boxes in sebilis that logged peoples accounts in to sell them powerleveling.

So @Mommy banned as well? It's pretty obvious who mommy's redguides is too, you shouldnt have daddy posting on your thread anymore. Be safe.

Last edited:

lost

<Bronze Donator>
I always thought he looked like he just had chemo or something.
attachment.php

• 1Barf
Reactions: 1 user

Flaw

Molten Core Raider
Hmm I can see a hint of British teeth there. I could help him fix them for free if he's broke now.....I'll take em out no prob. 60 seconds and they all gone

Chimney

Trakanon Raider
I haven't played since before Kunark dropped on Agnarr but decided to check my accounts after reading about all the bans. A box account I bought like 2 years ago on Phinigel, a fresh account made when Agnarr opened and a 9 year old account I haven't played since TBM launched got banned.

Only thing shared between them all would be 2 step auth. Others accounts I have without 2 step are fine.

Pretty random. Wonder if the guy I bought the Phinigel account from got a mass ban and it trickled down from there.

• 1Worf

yerm

Golden Baronet of the Realm
These box armies causing ass cancer in places like seb are doing it because people pay them for the service. This is not a case of "hey I'm farming a dodh rare and need 3 to hold an instance, want afk xp?" Or a "you can use my cleric while I sleep so you have a healer" or whatever. It's 100% funding people who shit on the server community, but WOULD NOT be there shitting it up if not for the buyers.

So if you paid for plvling or a generic preleveled (not some quitter) account, and got banned? Good. If my account I let someone use after I quit gets banned? Still good. Sounds like DBG finally had their balls drop.

• 1Like

SorrowsEnd

Trakanon Raider
My 4 accounts are fine and the few accounts I've leveled for folks are all still working.

Then again I'm not doing anything shady when I'm playing so that "might" be a contributing factor.

Cinge

Vyemm Raider
Anyone done flowers(PoM) on these TLPs. Curious about drop rate and how long I should expect before I get all the sets. Going to be doing it with a 60 shm hopefully.

Mainly just want it so I can stop relying on resist potions and these give more then pots(25 vs 50).

lost

<Bronze Donator>
Remdag did tell me its common policy to ban all associated accounts so if one was a bad apple the rest suffe

Wynn

Golden Knight of the Realm
My thought is.... Random account buyers who spend zero money with daybreak

They get banned

Anyone who's spending good money isn't getting banned ( bc some of us are rich right?)

Basically, the system is purging exactly who it needs to
Good job daybreak for busting scoundrels.

You got an account that is fueled by krono only? Cya. Shits gone bro. Good job daybreak. Put a CC on that account. Fuel it. Otherwise suck nutts

This is my opinion 99% of the time, but weirdly I had one of my accounts banned. It's one that I pay for All Access with using a CC, and that I rarely log into. I haven't deeply investigated it yet, they claim it was for using cheat software (which is weird b/c I haven't logged into it in like 1.5+ months.) It's weird because it's basically a "free' $15/mo Daybreak was making because I'm too lazy to log into account management and cancel All Access when I don't use the account any longer.

I've got no bans and I sell krono and have krono fueled only. Seems account sharing maybe or changing account details. I stay the fuk away from CC's too. None of my accounts have been forced to 2 step except my first necro group that I let go inactive and made a new group.

Am curious what it is though but I mean for real they showed in classic that account buying/selling was a NO NO, and yet people continued to do it and if this is why they're getting banned shame on them. They'll ban the buyers and their previous accounts prior to buying I would guess, as they did in classic and prior to agnarr launch.

But hey velious is almost here, makes sense they're gonna ban some people. I'm also curious if any of those people bought powerleveling and let the guys log them in, got hit.

I use a CC for all my accounts because I don't do any RMT and I'd rather just stockpile in game krono. Plus who is so pathetic as to need RMT money when they make more money in a day doing legitimate things in real life than an RMTer could make in 2 months. If you're planning to break the rules (like you seem to admit here), then you definitely need to never have CCs on any rule-breaking accounts that are associated with your "real" accounts, they'll definitely ban every account with the same credit card most of the time.

Wynn

Golden Knight of the Realm
I mean I feel bad for him but as people pointed out here on this forum, where many many people lurk, some listed his redguides username.. it was obvious as they said it would be. His post for powerleveling had a picture of his computer setup, and on the agnarr flames reddit post about him someone posted the same photo of his setup saying it was him, I think his setup was also posted in this thread as well. It was easy to figure who he was and I'm sure he also sold plat/items/characters for money, which would be in his post history.

And someone that openly trains people in sebilis since phinigel, and logs peoples accounts in, it was a matter of time. So yeah he was the guy with 22 boxes in sebilis that logged peoples accounts in to sell them powerleveling.

So @Mommy banned as well? It's pretty obvious who mommy's redguides is too, you shouldnt have daddy posting on your thread anymore. Be safe.

The only thing I never understood about him is why he wasn't banned 5 months ago. Daybreak has openly said they have GMs who have a hardon for going after RMT checking Redguides regularly for egregious shit...his thread was really prominent there for him selling both plat for $ and PL for $ (I'm not even sure if selling PL for $ is against the EULA unless you log on another person's account for them), and considering people complained about him in OS all the time I'm assuming he was being petitioned many many times every week. I guess it's just maybe that Daybreak doesn't have a real organized way of handling this stuff...because it's a world where people I know literally AFK farmed Fire Beetles a little bit and got 6+ paid up accounts banned instantly and you have a guy with 80 accounts RMTing massively every day, engaging in "zone disruption", "monopolizing content" and other things that you can actually find are against the code of conduct...does it for 5+ months and only then does he eat a ban.

Zaide

TLP Idealist
One of our guild bank accounts got banned w/ 500 krono on it for using multiple IP's in one day, triggering the new account sharing ban. It happened several weeks ago.

Account sharing has been a staple of my EQ experience since I started on TLP's. When you're trying to be on 24/7 for a launch rush it's pretty standard to sleep in shifts and box your group mates. If they wanted to they could probably go back and ban most of the statics from Agnarr, Lockjaw and Vulak launch at least.

yerm

Golden Baronet of the Realm
One of our guild bank accounts got banned w/ 500 krono on it for using multiple IP's in one day, triggering the new account sharing ban. It happened several weeks ago.

Account sharing has been a staple of my EQ experience since I started on TLP's. When you're trying to be on 24/7 for a launch rush it's pretty standard to sleep in shifts and box your group mates. If they wanted to they could probably go back and ban most of the statics from Agnarr, Lockjaw and Vulak launch at least.

This is always a fear for me. I may be clean, but what if the dude boxing me for a shift is dirty? If he sold plvls on some other char, and they carpet ban him, and he had logged into me/guildbank/whatever... RIP the account.

Cinge

Vyemm Raider
Pretty much why I share nothing and don't use anything but gina/maps/ui skins. Too paranoid I will lose my account I have had since 99(and every other SoE game I have played is on same account).

I'd die laughing if they suddenly cracked down on ShowEQ, I think 40-50% of agnaar would vanish.

• 1Worf