Everquest - Live Servers

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

Blazin

Creative Title
<Nazi Janitors>
There was times it really sapped enjoyment, but in true EQ fashion that pain disappeared upon completion. It was a nice distraction for months waiting for next expansion. The process of gaining 300-350 skill is just about every bit as cumbersome as the initial quest.

Reht

Molten Core Raider
I did 300 in all TS in a weekend semi AFK, it wasn't that painful (was moderately expensive) for me with a programmable keyboard, a couple craftsmen draughts, audiotriggers for when i am out of materials, and salvage AA (when i wasn't using draught for lower skill ups). Yeah, i went P2W on my TS because...fuck that.

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
Tuco Tuco you still playing live? Ever done Artisan's Prize? Finally finished it and I really can't believe how much time this took. It may not be too bad if someone has been using tradeskills for years but I went into it with every skill at zero and I'm on a server with no marketplace at all, the amount of farming just blows away anything else I've done in EQ for 15+ yrs as far as time investment. I don't think I would have ever started it had I understood what I was getting into.

View attachment 154628
Yeah I did it last summer/fall I think.

I also had zero tradeskills, PoP progression and other quest when I did it. The PoP progression was the toughest part. For about a month I'd log in every morning at 6AM and throughout the day to make the rounds of all the mobs.

I recently completed the The Tears of Alaris

I kind of want them to do something that uses Breakdown in Communication #14: Tacvi

as a pre-req, just so I have a reason to do those quests.

re: 350 tradeskills, I'm waiting until they have the command:
/out knownrecipes

to do it.

Blazin

Creative Title
<Nazi Janitors>
Yeah I did it last summer/fall I think.

I also had zero tradeskills, PoP progression and other quest when I did it. The PoP progression was the toughest part. For about a month I'd log in every morning at 6AM and throughout the day to make the rounds of all the mobs.

I recently completed the The Tears of Alaris

I kind of want them to do something that uses Breakdown in Communication #14: Tacvi

as a pre-req, just so I have a reason to do those quests.

re: 350 tradeskills, I'm waiting until they have the command:
/out knownrecipes

to do it.

Which zone did you grind in to finish tear? I've had for awhile but only around lvl 5 or 6 been putting off the mass killing I know it's going to take.

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
Which zone did you grind in to finish tear? I've had for awhile but only around lvl 5 or 6 been putting off the mass killing I know it's going to take.
Shard's Landing.

I got so good at it with my box team that I was able to keep the entire area underground city on lockdown.

Doing the quests for tablets is good too.

It's a very large time investment without a huge payoff. I can't remember the exact number but I calculated it to be around a 30 or 50 AC bonus.

• 1Barf

Furious

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
The T2 group gear is pretty simple to get if you're already level 105 and geared with the previous expansion. Here are the visibles:
Group Armor - EQ Resource - The Resource for your EverQuest needs

and here are the T2 group 2h slashing weapons:
Group Gear - EQ Resource - The Resource for your EverQuest needs

Tuco, I'm just getting back into EQ1. I like to max everything before the next expansion.

I run a 3 box- SK main, mage and bard. I play on test so I was thinking of adding a few more to help out in EOK.

Have you done EOK yet? how should I gear up?

Also, give me a rundown of your box setup if you have time.

Thanks

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
Tuco, I'm just getting back into EQ1. I like to max everything before the next expansion.

I run a 3 box- SK main, mage and bard. I play on test so I was thinking of adding a few more to help out in EOK.

Thanks
sk / mage / bard is a pretty good combo. The best thing to add to that is probably a druid. Druids provide great healing and are in a good state right now balance wise. The druid will augment your mage's and SK's damage nicely.

If you want to get a six-man group you have to decide between stacking casters vs stacking melee. I chose to stack melee, but stacking casters is great too. If you choose to stack casters I can't really make a solid recommendation, but I've been thinking about changing through Ring of Scale and my first guess is to literally bring three wizards to the table to trigger the Wizard's alliance:
Wizard alliance | EverQuest Forums

However, my current setup kills mobs every 10 seconds, so I doubt it'd be faster.

My setup is pretty thoroughly described here:
Tuco's Setup (Critique Welcome!) | EverQuest Forums

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>

Thanks
Oh and as far as getting your team up and running ASAP, I don't know what your guys' status is and I don't know what tools you have on test that can help with leveling/gearing but for normal servers at least I'd recommend checking out this thread:
Finally moving on from CoTF | EverQuest Forums

Where a guy comes back from CotF (like 4 years ago) to get EoK ready.

In summery:
1. Crawl your way to 105.
2. Do the intro quests in TBM (into the temple (b))
3. Borrow, steal, buy Remnants of Tranquility and kit your shadowknight out with the vendor gear.
4. See if you can't use your team to kill named T1 EoK mobs. The easiest place is the Drognan Beserker camp in Frontier Mountains, and you may be able to pick up a couple people to help you if your trio can't do it.
5. If so, hang out in those zones and do the Hunter achievements as you get gear.
6. Get familiar with the named mob and locations, and be on the lookout for rotting gear. It's worth FD-flopping on your SK around the three dungeons to get familiar with them. A rotting shield or weapon or whatever can make a huge difference, but you've got to be able to get there.

Furious

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Thanks for the time to write all that.

That is a crazy setup you have! I'm running my 3box off 1pc and a single monitor. I installed winwq2 but not really getting much from it.

I setup Mq2 but have never used it before. Learning it all has been a challenge but it was quite fun getting my mage to cast off a script. I don't plan on "hacking" but the map features alone are so useful.

I'm actually upset that I never tried mq2 out sooner as it quite a fun little program.

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
EverQuest - Ring of Scale
Return to Kunark and aid the Combine as they face off against the Sarnak Empire and the Ring of Scale. What will become of the Sarnak Empire? Will dragons reign supreme over Norrath? Only the most powerful of heroes will be able to help the Combine to breach the heart of Veeshan’s Peak.

Hurry back to Kunark to witness what becomes of the Combine in this epic conclusion of EverQuest’s latest adventure.

Ring of Scale is the 24th EverQuest expansion and features new zones, dungeons, must-have in-game items, and more!
  • Adventure to Level 110 - An increased level cap giving you 5 more levels to power through.
  • 6 Expansion Zones - You’ll explore far and wide, as you head back into Kunark’s vast landscapes.
  • New Raids, Quests, and Missions
  • New Spells, Combat Abilities, and AAs
  • New Collections

pharmakos

soʞɐɯɹɐɥd
<Bronze Donator>
I can't believe people still pay $35 for new EverQuest expansions. I see the appeal of the new content, but compared to how huge the old expansions were, there's just really not much there.

Big_w_powah

Trakanon Raider
Do you still have to fucking 3-4 box to get fucking anywhere?

I'd love to play live, but I can't fucking stand boxing anymore.

Big_w_powah

Trakanon Raider
On Live yes, 3 box or friends still required

and this shit makes me sad. That's $100+ on expansions, and $45 monthly, just to play a game at a decent rate

I REALLY want to enjoy modern EQ, but not being able to at least only 2 box is a game killer for me.

• 1Like

Blazin

Creative Title
<Nazi Janitors>
and this shit makes me sad. That's $100+ on expansions, and $45 monthly, just to play a game at a decent rate

I REALLY want to enjoy modern EQ, but not being able to at least only 2 box is a game killer for me.

I have been playing live since the start of the year after a long hiatus but I'm really not sure I'm going to spend the money. Even just maintaining our four accounts at times seems not worth it. Now don't get me wrong we have had fun playing this year going through expansions we missed and we have just recently pushed into EoK. I'm just tired of boxing. Every time I leave EQ it's because I just need a break from the tedium of running several accounts

Big_w_powah

Trakanon Raider
I have been playing live since the start of the year after a long hiatus but I'm really not sure I'm going to spend the money. Even just maintaining our four accounts at times seems not worth it. Now don't get me wrong we have had fun playing this year going through expansions we missed and we have just recently pushed into EoK. I'm just tired of boxing. Every time I leave EQ it's because I just need a break from the tedium of running several accounts

And there's no class that can molo up to 105+decent AA count+previous expansion gear? To get into grouping in the new xpack?

Or is the group game dead even in current content?

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
And there's no class that can molo up to 105+decent AA count+previous expansion gear? To get into grouping in the new xpack?

Or is the group game dead even in current content?
Every class can molo to 105. Clerics/bards have it the worst of course.