Everquest - Live Servers

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

Blazin

Creative Title
<Nazi Janitors>
I'm answering based on what I would expect someone to find enjoyable not what's "possible". The group game is open to you with three accounts and three mercs. Couple missions here and there that would be difficult but otherwise completely doable. Molo when you aren't geared just trying to catch up would be a miserable experience IMO. Grouping with even one other person would reap significant rewards.

yamikazo

Trakanon Raider
Playing EverQuest solo, without boxing, is about as entertaining as playing Monopoly alone.

Group games are meant to to played with a group.

It's by design, lack of imagination, and entrenched ideals. Part of why EQ cannot attract new players and grow its base.

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
Playing EverQuest solo, without boxing, is about as entertaining as playing Monopoly alone.

It's by design, lack of imagination, and entrenched ideals. Part of why EQ cannot attract new players and grow its base.
I agree with this. If you're moloing through EQ you're doing it wrong.

tyen

EQ in a browser wait time: ____
<Banned>

Dunno, on vztz having all druid dots be unresistable was fucking awesome to do solo. Used to kill lvl 30s shit in everfrost once i got stinging swarm.

Farmed the fuck out of gigantic zwei to sell to vendors. Also did misty guards early as fuck too.

Made retarded plats with that alone

yerm

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Forced grouping loses its appeal when most people byog. I've considered a return to live before, but I know deep down it will be like it was when I quit or on certain tlps, only worse, and I hate boxing.

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

Ripster

Molten Core Raider
Not sure why but I got the itch to see the newer stuff. Bought 3 kronos for 30 and made 3 new accounts to get membership discount on the current xpac so it was 15 and change each during the 50% off sale. 75 bucks for three fresh active accounts with all current xpac is not terrible really. Also using my old account to lvl up the new ones.

Made war/bard/zerk mostly inspired by tucos write ups. It's been a week of playing a few hours after work and leaving them afk at a camp at night and while I'm at work while the 3 mercs plow shit and never die. Just hit 75, but my old account happened had an 83 ranger to PL them from 65-71 and a 101 monk to take over at 71. If it was just the 3 fresh toons with defiant those last 10 levels would've been a lot longer, but still pretty painless compared to a molo set up.

Is boxer really changed it around when I started to get a little lazy although tabbing a billion times. Now I control just the war with 2 on follow. Run to mob (s) , spin so war is tanking and everyone else is behind and hit one button to start everyone fighting and one button for spams. My boxes are more like extra mercs that follow and kill shit on their own, its great fun and why I didn't want casters.

Now I have a choice to finish the grind to 105 or jump right into TBM HAs and level a bit slower but save up tokens for 105 gear.

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
Not sure why but I got the itch to see the newer stuff. Bought 3 kronos for 30 and made 3 new accounts to get membership discount on the current xpac so it was 15 and change each during the 50% off sale. 75 bucks for three fresh active accounts with all current xpac is not terrible really. Also using my old account to lvl up the new ones.

Made war/bard/zerk mostly inspired by tucos write ups. It's been a week of playing a few hours after work and leaving them afk at a camp at night and while I'm at work while the 3 mercs plow shit and never die. Just hit 75, but my old account happened had an 83 ranger to PL them from 65-71 and a 101 monk to take over at 71. If it was just the 3 fresh toons with defiant those last 10 levels would've been a lot longer, but still pretty painless compared to a molo set up.

Is boxer really changed it around when I started to get a little lazy although tabbing a billion times. Now I control just the war with 2 on follow. Run to mob (s) , spin so war is tanking and everyone else is behind and hit one button to start everyone fighting and one button for spams. My boxes are more like extra mercs that follow and kill shit on their own, its great fun and why I didn't want casters.

Now I have a choice to finish the grind to 105 or jump right into TBM HAs and level a bit slower but save up tokens for 105 gear.
I do the same spin stuff. Pro-tip: use shrink if you haven't been.

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
EQ has such a small and old playerbase I already feel like a Daybreak insider. Being able to just openly post to the EQ beta forums and be pretty sure it'll get read by Dzarn, Aristo, Ngreth or Absor is something you'd only get on an early pre-kickstart alpha, lol.

• 1Worf
Reactions: 1 user

Kuro

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
Obviously they'll need you to test their new microtransactions for them.

• 2Worf
Reactions: 1 users

Reht

Molten Core Raider
EQ has such a small and old playerbase I already feel like a Daybreak insider. Being able to just openly post to the EQ beta forums and be pretty sure it'll get read by Dzarn, Aristo, Ngreth or Absor is something you'd only get on an early pre-kickstart alpha, lol.
True that

yamikazo

Trakanon Raider

I miss posting on the beta forums only to have Aristo blatantly ignore all of our feedback, ship broken spells, and then fix it months after the fact. Or @Elidroth shitting on us.

I recall Elidroth being the only one to reply with any regularity even if 99% of his answers were "No."

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
And the last patch before the expansion will nerf all your stuff by 10%.

Net effect: less e-cash in your DBG wallet.
Oh come on, that's over rea....
- The majority of activated AA abilities that buff your group can no longer be cast on your target's group using /TGB, with the following exceptions: Group Perfected Levitation, Flight of Eagles, Perfected Dead Men Floating, Communion of the Cheetah, and Talisman of Celerity I. This change does not impact which abilities can be modified by Mass Group Buff.

Beastlord, Paladin, Ranger, Shadowknight - Spell Casting Reinforcement no longer extends the duration of disciplines.
Test Update 11/7/2017 - Patch Notes and Discussions | EverQuest Forums

And here I am with my team based around war/bard (dat new troubadour's synergy damage doe) / sha/ber:
biDFHU0.gif

Though I do have a ranger/beastlord I added to my team...