Everquest - Live Servers

Screamfeeder

The Dirtbag
<Banned>
HOW THE FUCK ARE YOU PEOPLE STILL PLAYING EQ?!?!?!?!

Can someone link me a thing to help me get started playing eq again?

• 3Worf
  • 1Salty
Reactions: 3 users

Siddar

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
I'm betting good necros will get nerfed and bad necros will get buffed whenever they make the DoT change.

I think all necros will get buffed then nerfed along with all the rest of classes affected by DoT changes.

But I should be fun for about a week.

Drajakur

Molten Core Raider
May God fucking damn you people for making me click the "Heroic Characters FAQ". You mean I could auto-level my SK to 85...!!!?? Not news but so very enticing after all these years.

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

pharmakos

soʞɐɯɹɐɥd
<Bronze Donator>
May God fucking damn you people for making me click the "Heroic Characters FAQ". You mean I could auto-level my SK to 85...!!!?? Not news but so very enticing after all these years.

you would take a look at all the spells/AA abilities that you have no idea how to use and then log out right away

• 9Solidarity
  • 2Like
Reactions: 10 users

tyen

EQ in a browser wait time: ____
<Banned>
boxing on pvpemu servers that have a popoulation above 250 is pretty fucking rad.

Too bad that hasn't happened in 7 years.

RobXIII

Urinal Cake Consumption King
<Gold Donor>
you would take a look at all the spells/AA abilities that you have no idea how to use and then log out right away

Ok so I'm not the only one that logs in a few times a decade, whenever they offer free 'boosts', see 10 pages of AAs with like 3 layers in each page from 20 expansions, and log out confused? Noted.

• 2Solidarity
  • 1Like
Reactions: 2 users

pharmakos

soʞɐɯɹɐɥd
<Bronze Donator>
i still play EQLive once in awhile, but always on Test server, and i usually burn out once i get my character past level 70 or so.

if you do want to do high end content, i would highly recommend levelling from scratch rather than buying a level 85 character. it's a lot easier to understand it all if you are introduced to it a bit at a time.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
It's a pretty big learning curve. There's two decades of layered content that is obfuscated by time and complexity and the population of new gamers is so small that there's simply not enough of them to warrant clear guides being regularly updated.

It's one of the hardest games to get into now just because of that. It's also why I enjoy it so much. So many different ways to improve. You can't just watch a 10 minute streamer guide and have all the basic knowledge of how to play the game optimally (even if it takes many hours of practice to get down). You've got to slowly discover how to play like a fucking archeologist learning a long-forgotten language.

Last edited:
  • 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

RobXIII

Urinal Cake Consumption King
<Gold Donor>
I should come back, I still have my mage Best of the Best title, and uh, maybe a few duped items left. At least 2 bags of fully charged res sticks, a few skelly illusion necklaces, etc. Probably not useful nowadays anyhow :p

• 1Like

sukik

How much of the newer content could I realistically see just using one or two accounts? I like revisiting new content in old MMO's but I don't care much to do a lot of boxing anymore

• 1Solidarity

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
How much of the newer content could I realistically see just using one or two accounts? I like revisiting new content in old MMO's but I don't care much to do a lot of boxing anymore
You can 2-box your way through all but a few of the group missions and the raids.

• 1Like

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
Would tank healer or tank dps be better? or something else?
Suggestions for a 2 Toon grp | EverQuest Forums

Lots of good duo combos out there. shd/enc as mentioned above is top-tier.

You may also want to consider moving up to a 3box, which allows you to add pure DPS for your third character and another merc.

Otherwise, I'd recommend picking a class you want to play as your main in raids/groups/whatever and then picking a partner for him based upon that. Keep in mind that if your main isn't a tank class, the optimal partner will probably be a tank class.

Ambiturner

Ssraeszha Raider
Ok so I'm not the only one that logs in a few times a decade, whenever they offer free 'boosts', see 10 pages of AAs with like 3 layers in each page from 20 expansions, and log out confused? Noted.

I do the same thing every few months. I go

excited > confused > Fuck this

in the span of about 20 minutes

Last edited:
  • 2Solidarity
  • 2Worf
  • 1Like
Reactions: 4 users

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
So they released a cactus-killing mission in OT that was just an ez loot pinata. Then someone found an exploit to run it without getting the six hour lockout timer. A bunch of people got multi-week suspensions and they brought the mission down for a while.

Then they fixed that, brought it up and it was a loot pinata again.

Then in yesterday's patch they made the mission impossible except for elite groups :D

What's funny is that EQ is basically unique in the sphere of games I know about in that it's got so many stratified layers of complexity from the 25 or whatever expansions that each had their little features. Other games either die (99% of MMOs) or streamline everything iteratively (WoW).

These stratified layers are intimidating, but it provides the kind of non-hand holding experience that we remember in EQ, just differently. It's like spawning in Kelethin and not knowing wtf to do. but it's refreshing compared to modern games that take you through this half hour of forced tutorial explaining basic features.

• 1Solidarity

sukik

I'm the opposite. Last time I played live I started with two accounts then went to six and went through all the current content I could. I like figuring out what they've changed and seeing the new stuff. The next time I go back I want to keep it simpler.

sukik

Does anyone use autohotkey? I see several versions and I'm looking for a recommendation for which version should learn.